Cover Image: Embracing Your Power

Embracing Your Power

This is a great read. I liked it alot. It was clear, easy to understand and easy to apply to real life. It is all about making changes to embrace your power and be more confident. It has many lessons for women who want to pursue leadership and climb the career ladder. I think it would be good reading for anyone.
Common sense advice for women navigating the workplace - which is useful, but also not groundbreaking. If you've read any books in this space before, or worked for any length of time, you've traveled most of the ground covered here. I won't say Clark's wisdom is useLESS, as that's definitely not the case, and it's always nice to have reminders and refreshers of things we know but may lose sight of during our busy day to day lives. But if you're hoping for new or fresh perspectives, look elsewhere.
I received an advanced copy from NetGalley, all views stated in this review are my own.

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this book and was pleasantly surprised. The author provides a variety of scenarios, thought questions, and research designed to help women navigate the business world.

The book is current and includes several recent examples. The author also reinforces that there isn’t just a female way but rather, behaviors occur across a spectrum and points out the benefits to recognizing this.

I’ve already mentioned the book to a few friends who I think will benefit from the content.
This book is like a great pep talk if you’re feeling stuck or uninspired. Much of the book revolves around the workplace and leadership and how they are affected by gender differences, as well as other personal development topics like imposter syndrome and building trust. There are also reflection activities scattered throughout, though I would’ve liked to see some examples or discussion to accompany them. Overall, this was a well-researched and a surprisingly engrossing read.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC.
I received an advance copy of, Embracing your Power, by Marsha L. Clark.  This is a great book for women and girls.  There is a lot of discussion questions, activities, and reflections, among others.  This has great information to make you think, and start creating your dreams.