Cover Image: The Valkyrie's Daughter

The Valkyrie's Daughter

Sigrid wants to be a Valkyrie, but she wasn't born with a bond to one of their winged horses.  So instead she is a stable hand with a fierce determination to prove herself.

This book is a brilliant adventure which takes the reader through Norse Mythology and really brings to life a collection of old tales.  There is a bit of romance and a little bit of fantasy, but overall this is about a young woman finding her destiny. A solid, easy read!

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
A fun norse mythology-based adventure tied in with a sapphic romance. This book features an epic female lead chasing after her destiny, and her conflicted feelings for the girl that she’s on her journey with. With twists and turns, I was anticipating each page.
if you want a sapphic enemies to lovers romance -that is not the main focus of the plot-,Norse mythology,royals and an animal companion this book is for you

I don't know how to rate this because objectively speaking this wasn't a bad book. Personally, it had the correct pacing, "showing not telling", character development, AN ANIMAL COMPANION AND NORSE MYTHOLOGY. WHAT ELSE COULD I WANT? However, given that I read it in a period where I started uni and I was pressed, I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I decided to go with three stars since it's the middle rating.

Nevertheless, I strongly believe that this book will be enjoyable for a a lot of readers and honestly, I would really like to read the rest of the series once it comes out
The Helheim Princess is a YA fantasy following Sigrid, a stable hand who dreams of being a Valkyrie, in her journey across the realms in search of her destiny. I really enjoyed the mythology aspect of this book, which is usually not my thing, but was executed so well, without overwhelming the Norse-mythology-novice with information. I loved the characters - particularly Mariam - and the character development was solid and believable. I found the pacing a little slow in some places, but the final 25% of this book was brilliant, and I flew through it in one sitting. Overall an enjoyable read!

Sigrid has always wanted to be a valkyrie, but fate seemed to have another plans. She was bonded to a wingless horse at birth, but when Sigrid jumps into action during an attack and a vision shows her leading the charge of valkyrie’s on the legendary Sleipnir, an eight legged horse, Sigrid becomes determined to bring this vision to fruition.

This book feels so classic but new at the same time. We’re brought back to the roots of what it means to be a fantasy novel. Different worlds, unlikely allies and dangerous creatures. Each page brings you deeper and deeper in the story. We’re also blessed with another strong female lead! Reading this book will make you feel like you’ve picked up a classic storybook tale, and it’s epic.
This. This was good. valkyrie? Ugh yes count me in. It was a little slot to in the beginning but really kept me interested throughout after the first few chapter. The character development?  🤌🤌🤌
4⭐
I've been a long time fan of Tiana, so when I heard she was writing a valkerie book, I was immediately in. The first chapter or two moved a little slow, but once it picked up I didn't want to stop reading. Sigrid's insistence of wanting a cosmic path might, to some, seem a little obnoxious and young, but remember, she just turned 16 and lives in a world where everyone around her seems to have a purpose. The romance was cute and organic.
I had the pleasure of being able to read an early copy of this book and I must say that I enjoyed it! At first I was iffy and didn’t really care for Sigrid because of how impulsive she was and she never really thought through some of her actions, but I enjoyed watching her character develop as the story went on. I also love the representation in this book! Being trans myself, the trans character was a very pleasant surprise seeing as I haven’t read many books with relevant trans characters. As for the mythology, I thought this book was very well done and the author clearly knows their stuff when it comes to norse mythology. However, i did feel that some parts of the book were very rushed through. Almost like there was a constant rush to get from one scene to the next in order to wrap the story up. But overall this book was very enjoyable and worth the read!!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I've read many books that have bits and pieces of mythology, but I have never read one quite like this.  Tiana Warner clearly did her research of Norse mythology and it is clearly shown in her writing.  I enjoyed this so much.  So many twists and turns .
Percy Jackson vibes with a breathtaking adventure about North Mythology and Valkyries.
Sigrid is 16 years old, and she lives in Vanaheim. Her dream is to be a great Valkyrie, but she doesn't have a mere, so her position in the Vanaheim is a stable hand. Her life is far away from perfect. Sigrid doesn't have parents, and she's mocked every day by Valkyries. But she knows, that her destiny is to be more than a stable hand. She meant to be a greatest warrior from her land. All things changed when Vanaheim felt under attack, and she killed a mere. Now, after the Eye has showed her her path, she will go after it sharing the company of Mariam to redeem herself, after she killed her mere.

This story is pretty interesting. I didn't enjoy so much the beginning of it, but after the first hundred pages I've really was hooked. It gives me such a great Percy Jackson vibes. I loved how Sigrid travelled and went through all these adventures. I never got bored. Plus, I've adored Mariam. She's so compassionate and sweet, and seems to be so mature. Sigrid is a bit different, she's very passionate, and goes directly to what she really wants, even without thinking a lot about it.
The story is very good paced, and I've adored the descriptions of the landscape and the worlds. This is not a complicated story. It's a lovely book filled with a big amount of adventure and some great turnings. I didn't predict almost all the things, so it's great for a reader.
A huge thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with the copy of this great book. Thank you so much. I've enjoyed it a lot!!!
I was given a chance to read an advanced readers copy of this book in exchange for writing an honest review.

We follow the story of Sigrid an Orphan stable hand who helps take care of the Mares of the Valkyries. Sigrid dreams to be more to the Valkyries than just a stable hand but she wasn't born With a Winged Mare but instead A normal horse. Sigrid is willing to do anything to prove she is enough to be a Valkyrie so when the moment occurs to prove her worth Sigrid takes it.
We get to follow Sigrid on her journey of friendship, Love and learning. As she grows and learns what her destiny is supposed to be and has to make the ultimate choice of friendship or destiny.

I hadn't read a YA book in a while but I am so glad that I was able to read this one. The story is well crafted and beautifully told. Tiana Warner clearly did her research of Norse mythology and it is clearly shown in her writing. The only reason that I am unable to give this book 5/5 stars would be that points of this story felt rushed in order to get to an ending point instead of pushing some of the ending into a sequel. I can't wait till this is actually released and I can share it with my friends and they will get to experience all the emotions I was able to while reading.