Cover Image: The Valkyrie's Daughter

The Valkyrie's Daughter

Thanks to the publisher for providing an eARC of The Helheim Princess in exchange for an honest review.

Is the narration and character voice in this one jarringly modern? Yes. Does it take away from immersion some times? Absolutely. But until someone else writes me a queer enemies to lovers Valkyrie book book everyone's going to have to hear me rave about this one.

Get ready for an amazing adventure of Sapphic Valkyries and Norse mythology!.

This has strong layers of storytelling and weaves an interesting tapestry of Norse mythology, combined with fantasy and adventure elements. Whilst the pacing is slow at the start, it soon picks up into a whirlwind fantasy ride of realms, creatures, and kick-ass Valkyries. It was great to finally read a Norse-based story centred on the Valkyries, making it stand-out and fresh.

The MC Sigrid goes through phenomenal growth and transition. She is one bold MC but is also balanced with a tender side. I loved the relationship between the Sigrid and her horse Hestur. It is such a pure and beautiful bond that people and animals share together. Her relationship with Mariam is a natural slow-burn.

A fun mythological romp!

Thankyou to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for this eARC in exchange for an honest review!

This is very much the mood I needed to read right now. It reminds me of A Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young in the writing style.

Queer, norse valkyries? HELL YES!

Sigrid is an amazing main character, they are fierce and strong, and throughout the story we get to see them go from brash and reckless to a true leader.

I have loved Norse mythology for the majority of my life and I read EVERYTHING based on it that I can find, but this was such a good book that I would have loved it even if it wasn’t based on the mythology.

* I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Want a book that's: Queer, enemies to lovers, Norse mythology, well developed characters, with great character development? The Helheim Princess is perfect for you. I will say that this books was a little slow at first, kind of hard for me personally to really feel immersed, but it quickly picked up the pace.

Great story! Valkyries, night elves, and much, much more! I loved this book from the first chapter. It was so easy to get lost in this world and the adventure it promised did not disappoint! I just loved Sigrid and although she seemed like the underdog from the start…she was destined for more. Truly a book I devoured in a couple of days. It was really that good!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.” Thank you NetGalley and Entangled Publishing.

The Hheim Princess has everything I've ever wanted in a Norse story. I connected deeply with the MC as she struggles to follow her dream of becoming a Valkyrie. When she sees her future, the adventure begins but not only to prove to everyone she's more than a farmhand, but a journey of love and finding who she really is and all that she can be. The world building was magnificent! I will definitely be picking up this book when it releases. Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this novel and find a new favorite author!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for free. I was not compensated for this review and all opinions are my own.

Wow....This story is incredible. The book took off from the beginning and never stopped with the action. The main story follows young 16 year old Sigrid who was born with a flightless horse. Without a horse with wings she will never be a Valkarie. Because of this, she is slated to be a stable hand for the rest of her life. When her town is attacked, she fights to help the helpless and ends up saving the enemy. This book takes you through their journey into Helheim with battles with the Night Elves and Wolves. The characters were well written and very likable. I love how strong Sigrid is even though she is belittled by the Valkaries she works with. Sigrid knows she is meant for greatness and vows to prove she belongs in the ranks with the warriors. This book has it all....Warriors, Winged horses, battles, and witty banter. If you like Norse mythology and a fun action paced book, this is for you. I give this book 5 stars.

Valkyries, night elves, dire wolves and a strong female lead! Sign me up!!

Action packed, fast paced, a fun take on Norse mythology, funny one liners.

You don't need to know Norse mythology to read this book.

I can't wait to see where Sigrid, Fisk and Mariam head to next.

Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review

Sigrid wants to be a Valkyrie, but she wasn't born with a bond to one of their winged horses. So instead she is a stable hand with a fierce determination to prove herself.

This book is a brilliant adventure which takes the reader through Norse Mythology and really brings to life a collection of old tales. There is a bit of romance and a little bit of fantasy, but overall this is about a young woman finding her destiny. A solid, easy read!

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

A fun norse mythology-based adventure tied in with a sapphic romance. This book features an epic female lead chasing after her destiny, and her conflicted feelings for the girl that she’s on her journey with. With twists and turns, I was anticipating each page.

if you want a sapphic enemies to lovers romance -that is not the main focus of the plot-,Norse mythology,royals and an animal companion this book is for you

I don't know how to rate this because objectively speaking this wasn't a bad book. Personally, it had the correct pacing, "showing not telling", character development, AN ANIMAL COMPANION AND NORSE MYTHOLOGY. WHAT ELSE COULD I WANT? However, given that I read it in a period where I started uni and I was pressed, I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I decided to go with three stars since it's the middle rating.

Nevertheless, I strongly believe that this book will be enjoyable for a a lot of readers and honestly, I would really like to read the rest of the series once it comes out

The Helheim Princess is a YA fantasy following Sigrid, a stable hand who dreams of being a Valkyrie, in her journey across the realms in search of her destiny. I really enjoyed the mythology aspect of this book, which is usually not my thing, but was executed so well, without overwhelming the Norse-mythology-novice with information. I loved the characters - particularly Mariam - and the character development was solid and believable. I found the pacing a little slow in some places, but the final 25% of this book was brilliant, and I flew through it in one sitting. Overall an enjoyable read!

Sigrid has always wanted to be a valkyrie, but fate seemed to have another plans. She was bonded to a wingless horse at birth, but when Sigrid jumps into action during an attack and a vision shows her leading the charge of valkyrie’s on the legendary Sleipnir, an eight legged horse, Sigrid becomes determined to bring this vision to fruition.

This book feels so classic but new at the same time. We’re brought back to the roots of what it means to be a fantasy novel. Different worlds, unlikely allies and dangerous creatures. Each page brings you deeper and deeper in the story. We’re also blessed with another strong female lead! Reading this book will make you feel like you’ve picked up a classic storybook tale, and it’s epic.

This. This was good. valkyrie? Ugh yes count me in. It was a little slot to in the beginning but really kept me interested throughout after the first few chapter. The character development? 🤌🤌🤌
4⭐

I've been a long time fan of Tiana, so when I heard she was writing a valkerie book, I was immediately in. The first chapter or two moved a little slow, but once it picked up I didn't want to stop reading. Sigrid's insistence of wanting a cosmic path might, to some, seem a little obnoxious and young, but remember, she just turned 16 and lives in a world where everyone around her seems to have a purpose. The romance was cute and organic.

I had the pleasure of being able to read an early copy of this book and I must say that I enjoyed it! At first I was iffy and didn’t really care for Sigrid because of how impulsive she was and she never really thought through some of her actions, but I enjoyed watching her character develop as the story went on. I also love the representation in this book! Being trans myself, the trans character was a very pleasant surprise seeing as I haven’t read many books with relevant trans characters. As for the mythology, I thought this book was very well done and the author clearly knows their stuff when it comes to norse mythology. However, i did feel that some parts of the book were very rushed through. Almost like there was a constant rush to get from one scene to the next in order to wrap the story up. But overall this book was very enjoyable and worth the read!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I've read many books that have bits and pieces of mythology, but I have never read one quite like this. Tiana Warner clearly did her research of Norse mythology and it is clearly shown in her writing. I enjoyed this so much. So many twists and turns .

Percy Jackson vibes with a breathtaking adventure about North Mythology and Valkyries.
Sigrid is 16 years old, and she lives in Vanaheim. Her dream is to be a great Valkyrie, but she doesn't have a mere, so her position in the Vanaheim is a stable hand. Her life is far away from perfect. Sigrid doesn't have parents, and she's mocked every day by Valkyries. But she knows, that her destiny is to be more than a stable hand. She meant to be a greatest warrior from her land. All things changed when Vanaheim felt under attack, and she killed a mere. Now, after the Eye has showed her her path, she will go after it sharing the company of Mariam to redeem herself, after she killed her mere.

This story is pretty interesting. I didn't enjoy so much the beginning of it, but after the first hundred pages I've really was hooked. It gives me such a great Percy Jackson vibes. I loved how Sigrid travelled and went through all these adventures. I never got bored. Plus, I've adored Mariam. She's so compassionate and sweet, and seems to be so mature. Sigrid is a bit different, she's very passionate, and goes directly to what she really wants, even without thinking a lot about it.
The story is very good paced, and I've adored the descriptions of the landscape and the worlds. This is not a complicated story. It's a lovely book filled with a big amount of adventure and some great turnings. I didn't predict almost all the things, so it's great for a reader.
A huge thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with the copy of this great book. Thank you so much. I've enjoyed it a lot!!!

I was given a chance to read an advanced readers copy of this book in exchange for writing an honest review.

We follow the story of Sigrid an Orphan stable hand who helps take care of the Mares of the Valkyries. Sigrid dreams to be more to the Valkyries than just a stable hand but she wasn't born With a Winged Mare but instead A normal horse. Sigrid is willing to do anything to prove she is enough to be a Valkyrie so when the moment occurs to prove her worth Sigrid takes it.
We get to follow Sigrid on her journey of friendship, Love and learning. As she grows and learns what her destiny is supposed to be and has to make the ultimate choice of friendship or destiny.

I hadn't read a YA book in a while but I am so glad that I was able to read this one. The story is well crafted and beautifully told. Tiana Warner clearly did her research of Norse mythology and it is clearly shown in her writing. The only reason that I am unable to give this book 5/5 stars would be that points of this story felt rushed in order to get to an ending point instead of pushing some of the ending into a sequel. I can't wait till this is actually released and I can share it with my friends and they will get to experience all the emotions I was able to while reading.