Cover Image: One Moment in Time

One Moment in Time

I loved this book! I really appreciate the representation of children from all over the world. I think kids will be interested in learning about the lives of kids in other places as well as be interested in how time zones work.
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* what a great kids book! totally plan on buying this! love the art style too!
One Moment in Time is a book that demonstrates to young readers how time zones works in vey basic form which I loved! It’s a very hard concept for my young one to understand! I loved the explicit event that each child was partaking in across the world that was something most children could relate to (ex: eating breakfast, soccer practice, etc.) and the world map at the very end showing each of the children. The book seemed a touch long for me and my daughter lost interest 80% of the way through but that just could have been us! It’s a beautiful book that we really enjoyed!
Hours and minutes are the same everywhere. People get up after sunrise, eat breakfast and other meals, and go to school regardless of what time it is elsewhere. And it's all because the world keeps turning. Delightful illustrations and learning opportunities! And all in words that work well for ESL.
I requested and received a free ebook copy from Quarto Publishing Group – Frances Lincoln Children's Books, Happy Yak via NetGalley. Thank you!
This is a cute book that displays the simultaneous actions of 11 children around the globe, experiencing different parts of their day. The book does a great job at showing kids that while we have our differences, we all have a lot in common as well. One Moment In Time is beautifully illustrated, and asks questions of the young readers to draw comparisons with other children around the globe. It also reflects children of different ethnicities, and that diversity and inclusion is nice to see in a children's book.
This is going to be a great circle time read and I can't wait to try it!   The book takes a trip around the world with 11 kids all at the same moment in time (at varying times of day depending on their time zone).    Each kid is seen at home, school, doing leisure activities, etc. and there are questions on each page asking kids to consider the similarities and differences in their lives.

This is a wonderful book to spark the imagination and to help kids understand our big, diverse, and more-same-than-different world.   It would be a great addition to elementary home, school, and classroom libraries.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
I really liked this one! I enjoyed the look at different areas around the world and their cultures. I liked how there were questions to look at similarities.

Thanks NetGalley for this Arc!
One Moment in Time is a wonderful children's book that illustrates what 11 children are doing around the world at the same time. It jumps from time zone to time zone showing a different part of the day. I loved the gorgeous water color illustrations and learning about the similarities of children around the world. I do wish we met more children and saw more parts of the world. It focuses largely on children who live in countries near the equator. Overall, a fascinating look at children from many different countries.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC.
This is a great book to simply teach children about the vastness of the world and all different cultures. It's so important for children to see from a young age that there is more to the world beyond their circle.
A good early social studies primer, showing the breadth of the world courtesy of us living in different time zones.  Mexican kids have their breakfast while New Yorkers await the yellow bus, but Brazilians are already at period one maths, and Ghana is hitting lunchtime with a vengeance.  Every double-page spread is a lively look at the specific locale, with the text demanding we empathise with unusual school commutes (NYC), find commonality (what's in both our bedroom and the one in Australia), and so on.

Towards the end we also see the science behind time zones and the movement of the heavens and earth – as far as this young audience need worry about it.  What the adult reader may worry about is some stereotypes – the Scottish music teacher is of course a Mohican in a kilt, and of course it's blowing a hoolie amidst a raging thunderstorm outside the window.  But the ultimate lesson, of inclusivity, just about wins out, with the multiple skin tones, and multiple wheelchair users, etc.  It's a book suitable for many points of an educator's curriculum.