Cover Image: Remember Me?

Remember Me?

A fast paced and creepy story. I tried to guess what was going to happen but missed the clues and got it wrong.
Well worth a read.
Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity of reading an ARC
Remember Me? by Amanda RIgby is a book that draws you in from the first page.  Paul has everything going for him - great job and a girlfriend that's pregnant with their first child.  Then his ex Nicole returns.   But that's impossible because she's dead and Paul is the one that killed her.   Fast paced psychological thriller that will keep you guessing!
Gripping, unpredictable, engaging and completely impossible to put down.
Just some of the ways I’d describe this book. I have loved how it has been written and have been completely caught up in the pages. I have loved the characters and the way this is written. Definitely a book I’ll be recommending.
If you like your thrillers dark, twisty and menacing, then you are going to love Amanda Rigby’s chilling new novel, Remember Me?

Paul Henderson is a man with the world at his feet. A deputy headteacher at a good school, Paul is in a relationship with Jenna, who is pregnant with their first child. Everything seems rosy in Paul’s life, but his domestic idyll is threatened by a heart-stopping message he receives from his ex, Nicole. His former girlfriend was Jenna’s polar opposite. Nicole was fiercely ambitious, beautiful and gutsy; everything which Jenna is not. Nicole has unexpectedly come back into his life with a score to settle – which in itself is strange because Paul is convinced that he had killed her with his own bare hands. Just what on earth is going on here?

Is this a cruel joke? His imagination playing tricks on him? Or is there something even more sinister and terrifying going on here than meets the eye? Paul is beside himself and he doesn’t know which way to turn. Nicole is meant to be dead, so why is she sending him messages from the other side? Unless it is not his ex-girlfriend taunting him from beyond the grave, but someone else who knows the truth about what really happened that night. Somebody who will do whatever it takes to make Paul pay for his sins.

Some secrets are meant to stay dead and buried, but as Paul discovers your past will always catch up with you, no matter how far you run…

Amanda Rigby’s Remember Me? is a book that grabs you from the very first page and will keep you on the edge of your seat until the final heart-jolting twist. Deftly plotted, cleverly written and brilliantly complex, Remember Me? takes readers on a rollercoaster ride that will keep them turning the pages until the early hours of the morning.

Fast-paced, creepy and terrifying, Amanda Rigby’s Remember Me? will have you wondering whether you’ve double-locked every single door and window in your house.
Paul Henderson has never been happier in his life, his girlfriend Jenna is pregnant and Paul has alway wanted children and his job is going well at a prestigious school where he teaches and is also in administration temporarily, hopeful that he will get promoted permanently.   So, Paul is just over the moon with how everything has finally balanced out in his life until the day he receives a text message from his gorgeous ex-girlfriend, Nicole saying she's back in town and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Needless to say Paul is dumbfounded, shocked beyond belief.   "This is impossible" he says to himself.   Nicole can't be back in town or anywhere else for that matter because Paul should know.  He Killed Her!

What an entertaining and enjoyable mystery book this was for me.   There were so many good little red herrings scattered throughout the story and a unusual surprise at the ending.   A wonderful stalking mystery by a supposed dead person, while other readers had to wonder if Nicole was really dead or could she still be alive  While I did enjoy the book I found too many repetitions of words and thoughts by Paul and Jenna that could have been left out especially the word "Glacial".   Glacial in itself was a good word but it was used way too many times.   Other than those minor grievances the story itself was very good with interesting and fun characters especially Paul, he was very complex and just when I thought I had him figured out the book took another good turn and I really did enjoy this story.

I want to thank the publisher " Boldwood Books" and Netgalley for opportunity to read this digital copy and any thoughts or opinions expressed are unbiased and mine alone!

I do recommend this book to any reader who enjoys domestic thrillers and have given a rating of 3 1/2 MYSTERIOUS 🌟🌟🌟 🌠STARS!!
When you know you have a few hours travelling ahead of you, you need a good book. I was so glad to have Remember Me? with me on my trip to London. I was absolutely hooked! To the point where I was disappointed to get off the plane because I need to know what happened next.

The best thing about Remember Me? is that it is unpredictable, in a realistic way. I had my suspicions but never really guess what was going to happen. And when the twists and turns began to unravel into the conclusion, it did so in a way that was believable and satisfying. There is nothing worse than an ending that is totally unconnected to the rest of the story.

I also really enjoyed Paul’s character. Was he good, bad, or just misunderstood? What was he truly capable of? Does he deserve a second chance? As much as I grappled with trying to guess the ending, I grappled with how I felt about Paul.

Remember Me? is psychological fiction at its best
This book enticed me in from the synopsis and whilst it was accurate, I don't feel it quite lived up to the expectations. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with it but I don't feel that it is memorable enough for me to remember even in a month's time (ironic given the title). The twist was good but I saw it coming from about the 50% mark, not that it made it any less enjoyable but it was like I was skimming over the rest to get to the big reveal. I also felt that the ending was rather on the abrupt side. Readable but definitely far better out there.

*Thanks to NetGalley, Boldwood Books and Amanda Rigby for the copy of this book. All views are my own.*
Woof. What a mind f*ck.

Paul is living his best life right now.
He has a great job.
He has a fiancé, Jenna, who he is absolutely in love with.
And he and Jenna are expecting their first child.
Well, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.
And they are about to for Paul.
Because his ex-fiance is back in the picture.
He doesn’t know how this happened.
He may not have the best memory, but he’s pretty sure he killed her and buried her body.
So, how can she be back?

This book.  Definition of psychological thriller.
I was questioning everything.
I was questioning everyone.
I was even questioning myself at times.
This book keeps you guessing until the very end.
Is the ex-fiance alive?
Is Paul having false memories?
Or does someone know that his ex is dead and is now blackmailing him?
I had my suspicions on what was really going on and it did turn out to be right for the most part.
But it was still a very entertaining read.
I was able to blow through this one real fast.

Definitely recommend this one to anyone who’s as obsessed with psychological thrillers as me.
I was lucky enough to check out this debut book by Amanda Rigby, I found Remember Me to be a gripping page-turner full of suspense and twists which kept me on the edge of my seat.

It kept me reading and not wanting to stop. I cannot wait to find out what Amanda Rigby has in store for her next book. Definitely worth a read.
I was super excited to read this one. While it didn't exactly meet my expectations, it was quite an enjoyable read! My main problem with the book was the predictability. However, I do understand that when you read tons of thrillers, they start becoming easy to predict; it's a possibility that the issue has more to do with me than the book itself!

It started off strongly; I was completely hooked during the first half of the book. Around the second half, it started to slow down a bit. I personally get restless during slower books, so I did get distracted a lot easier during the second half. I still think this is worth the read if you're a thriller fan; just know it might be predictable. Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty engaging, well-written thriller!
Cover: A bit too much going on in there, and I’m not wild about the color palette.

Unreliable narrators can make or break a book. There’s no in-between, it’s either a huge success or a huge failure.

Remember Me? may very well fit in the latter category: the main character, Paul, is the quintessential unreliable narrator. He’s sure he’s a murderer, but his ex-fiancee is still alive. He remembers he buried her, but she’s updating her SM accounts and texting him. Is all this an elaborate scheme to get back at him or is his memory playing tricks on him? The creepiness factor ramps up when other people get dragged into it.

The ‘is he guilty or not’ theme plays a big role throughout the entire story, even more so because it’s hard to label him. A reader can sympathize with Jenna, who’s pregnant and a bit too naïve, maybe, but choosing to side with Paul has different implications. With this I don’t mean to step into the discourse arena—I like villains or perceived villains in literature, sue me—just to point out how Rigby didn’t go for the standard safe narrative option here. Bold choice. I like it.

Rigby’s writing style is fast-paced, and it flows well – quite a feat since Amanda Rigby doesn’t exist, per se. It’s the pen name of two authors who decided to write together, and as far as I can tell, this partnership has a lot of potentials.

The supporting cast of characters helps move the plot forward, and I like the clues sprinkled here and there, hinting about the truth. Remember Me? is well-edited, too; however, there are a couple of logic fallacies I’m side-eyeing, but I can’t go into detail here as I’d be revealing plot points.

4 stars.
This one was a wild ride and I enjoyed it.  It centers on Paul, who has everything going for him with a promotion and a new baby on the way when he receives a message from his former fiancée Nicole, who he thought was dead.  Nicole continues to terrorize Paul and his girlfriend as the book continues, leaving him to try to untangle what is really going on.

The pacing of the book is fast and the author gives you a multitude of characters from which to choose when identifying the villain. I did figure out what was going on before the characters did, but enjoyed the process of eliminating potential "bad guys" the whole way through.  My only small nits were that I had to suspend my disbelief a bit when all was said and done, as the turn of events and the character's motivation didn't seem all that realistic; and sometimes I was frustrated with decisions the characters made and felt they could have cleared up some issues by reacting differently when first confronted.

Overall, enjoyable read that I'd recommend to those who like mysteries and psychological thrillers.  I'll gladly round my 3.5 stars up to 4. Thanks to Netgalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book pulled you in and didnt let you go til the last page. I felt like I was holding my breath the whole way through it wanting to know more.

It was a real page turner and one that kept making me jump.

It is my first book by these authors and I'm looking forward to reading more of their work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firstly, Thank you to the tour host for inviting me to be part of the tour
This book is written by two authors, Amanda Ashby and Samantha Rigby
I was worried if this book was going to work with two different authors, who do not normally write together, producing a book
There was in fact, nothing for me to be worried about. It worked perfect
This book is a great domestic drama
There were so many twists and turns in this novel, the authors sent me on a real book rollercoaster
The ending was perfect and I had no idea of what was to come
A great debut!
A real mind-twisting thriller – and I loved every single sentence!

Paul Henderson has reached a happy point in his life; his career is progressing well, he has a wonderful relationship with girlfriend Jenna who is pregnant with their baby. Then, out of the blue, there is a blast from the past which seems impossible – and yet it’s happening. His ex appears to be back on the scene – and yet, Paul knows she can’t be. As with all secrets and lies, it begins to eat away at him affecting his everyday life. Can Paul and Jenna pull together before this pulls them apart?

I loved the style of writing in this one. I was drawn to the characters from the very beginning and must admit I was surprised to discover that it was written by two authors in collaboration. I have read similarly written novels previously and they don’t always flow as well as this one. The story is quite compelling – I was really focussed on what was happening and, giving the matter some consideration when I wasn’t actually reading (always the sign of a good book, when you continue thinking about it after putting it aside), I employed the Sherlock Holmes’ method of deduction ‘when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?’. I was convinced I had worked it out and I had – but with no idea why! Luckily, the authors had the good sense to include a full explanation. Engrossing and enigmatic, this one definitely has my recommendation and 4.5*.

My thanks to the publisher for my copy via NetGalley and to Rachel Gilbey for my spot on this tour; this is – as always – my honest, original and unbiased review.
Remember Me? is chock full of tension and suspense, utterly unputdownable.  It is dark and disturbing in an incredibly riveting way that caused me to chomp at the bit to finish, yet I did not want it to end.  The story is about choices and ramifications, loyalty and (dis)trust, destruction and rebuilding.  Lots of fear.  And murder.

Paul had a dreadful childhood which causes ripple effects for his life thereafter.  But now he and his girlfriend Jenna are happily expecting their first baby.  Not only that but he is a teacher at a reputable school.  Life is good.  But his heart nearly stops when he receives a message from his ex-fiance Nicole.  He was sure he had actually killed her so how was this possible?  From that moment his life becomes tormented.  Lies and deceptions abound and the twists just don't stop.

I love how the darkness seeps into every crack and suspicions arise about everyone and everything.  The characters are fascinating.  The atmosphere and story are fantastic but I didn't love all the choices made.  Still very well worth the read.

My sincere thank you to Boldwood Books and NetGalley for the privilege of reading this tense and twisty book!
This is an incredibly difficult review to write because my feelings about this book changed throughout reading. In the end, the most I can give is 2.5 out of 5 stars, which I’m graciously rounding up to 3.

I devoured this book within the space of two days or, so the issue wasn’t that it dragged or failed to keep me interested. I enjoy thrillers and I really, really enjoy unreliable narrators – if done well (more on this later).

I want to stress upfront: This book is best enjoyed going into it without any expectations or knowing too much about the plot so writing a review that still gives people a good idea of whether they will enjoy this book or not is a somewhat challenging task. I will stick with sharing things I would not have minded knowing before reading this but if you already feel you might want to give this book a try either way, then I would recommend not reading any reviews at all and let it surprise you as much as possible.

The protagonist suffers from memory loss and struggles to remember if he may have murdered his ex-fiancé or not – he seems to think he has done so. The plot is driven by the main character’s memory loss, the resolution depends on him being able to remember or not. This is quite evident from the very beginning of the book, which left me with a niggling worry throughout: While I do enjoy stories told by unreliable narrators, there is a tendency to use mental illness and mental health issues to drive such stories. Moreover, mental illness is far too often used as a motif for murder. I was incredibly worried this would be another one of these books. The answer is that it somehow falls in between. There is no actual diagnosis contained in the book that could then be portrayed in a harmful. Nonetheless, trauma is a driving plot device. This is really all I can say on this matter without turning this into a spoiler, but the bottom line is while I did not necessarily love the treatment of mental illness and trauma, which was treated in an extremely superficial way, I have also seen it used in much more harmful ways in thrillers, horror and crime fiction.

I could that the first ¾ of the book have excellent pacing for me. We are introduced to a wide-ish cast of character – some more important to the plot than others – that seem reasonably well drawn out. At the same time the unreliability of the narration kept me on my toes all the time, constantly trying to figure out how the lose ends tie up. There is a “plot twist” at the end but I had my suspicions early on and certainty at roughly 70% into the book, which is always a little disappointing. From then onwards it was just each new step or revelation confirming I was on the right track. I did not particularly like the ending – the revelation is rushed and then something happens on the last couple of pages that I found a bit unnecessary.

The more general issue around trauma, memory loss & motif/unreliable narration aside, the book really lost out in its final quarter unfortunately. The good pacing in the first half and reasonably interesting characters and plot are enough for 2.5 stars in my opinion though.
Remember me by Amanda Rigby.
What a twister of a read. This is a new author for me.  I liked Paul's character. I didn't like or trust Alison.  I wasn't sure how I felt about Jenna. 4*.
I was firstly drawn to this book by the cover, which really intrigued me, and secondly by the the synopsis which I found very engaging.
The book didn't disappoint, it was indeed both intriguing and engaging, and especially the first part is very well paced. The second one is a bit slower, but in a good way, it gives you time to absorb the story completely.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an Arc in exchange for an honest review.
This book had me hooked from the first chapter. How could Paul only be pretty sure that he killed his ex? What's happening with the flashbacks and conflicting events in his nightmares? Paul's finally got the perfect life with his pregnant girlfriend and up for promotion at the private school he teaches at.  But when his ex-fiancee reappears, sending him messages,  contacting his girlfriend Jenna, and he keeps catching glimpses of her everywhere,  he starts questioning his own memory.
Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen,  there was another twist to the story.  Paul's nightmares and Nicole's diary had me questioning everything I thought I knew. I love how by discovering Nicole's things in the attic and reading the diary brings Jenna a new confidence. I didn't really like Paul and the way he treated Jenna, but I had to feel a little sorry for him for his past trauma.  Overall a pretty good thriller.
I received an advance reader copy of this book through NetGalley. The views and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own and given voluntarily.