Cover Image: Lost and Found in Paris

Lost and Found in Paris

Lost and Found in Paris by Lian Dolan tells the story of Joan Bright Blakey on her way to Paris as an art courier. I really liked this book! The characters are real, very human  and I love the dialogue! I loved the history story of Joan of Arc and the adventures around Paris. The author described Joan’s emotions well and showed growth/ change in character. It made me remember my feelings on September 11th. I will recommend this book! Thank you for allowing me to review.
Who doesn't love a book set in Paris with some California in the mix? I thoroughly enjoyed this escapist read from Lian Dolan. Wonderfully connective story and superb character development! Thanks so much for the copy to read and review!
‘Lost and Found in Paris’, by Lian Dolan, grabbed me on the first page. So much of Lian’s past experience shines through, whether it is about Pasadena and the people who live there, her blog writing, her love of music and musicians, or the beauty and vitality of Paris. This is a smart, factually rich story, filled with historical references and loads of museum and art insider information.

As in at least two of her other novels, this one begins with a marital earthquake and like ‘The Sweeney Sisters’  protagonist, Joan is the daughter of an artistic icon. Lian Dolan kept me guessing at when the “lost” part of the title would happen and exactly how. Then… boom! Mystery, excitement, puzzles, Paris, and art become a tasty pot-au-feu, and readers will find it difficult to stop eating.

Lian Dolan paints elegant pictures of the streets of Paris, giving the reader an enticing look at the surroundings as if standing on the corner, strolling down cobblestone streets or soaking in the cultural highlights. I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing the City of Lights in person but I feel like ‘Lost and Found in Paris’ could be a primer for planning the trip of a lifetime. Note to author: snap up the domain name “Pasadena Meets Paris” as quick as you can! I’m sure you’ll think of something creative to do with it!
L.A. Times bestselling author, Lian Dolan's, books keep getting better and better. Lost and Found in Paris is my favorite so far. It is dynamic and gripping and I think it would make a great feature film.

Dolan's characters are all well-developed, interesting, and consistent throughout. Joan, the main character, goes on an epic journey and all of the other characters are intriguing and necessary to the story. They all add to the suspense of the story at one point or another, each one having his or her own element of mystery. Nothing about the prose is superfluous. Just when you think you have the mystery solved, the book takes a turn and again you begin to wonder how it will turn out in the end.

I was truly impressed by the writing. More than once, I paused and re read a sentence to focus on and enjoy the careful word choice and almost poetic description of thoughts and actions. While the writing is descriptive, nothing is gratuitous. Every element adds to the progression of the story as Joan travels on her journey and evolves as a person. I love that the book is well researched and spot on about the art world, and about Paris- itself an essential character in the book.

I recommend this book to lovers of literary fiction and suspenseful stories.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Lost and Found in Paris was written by the author Lian Dolan and is different but also similar to her earlier stories. Our lead protagonist is Joan Blakely, resident of Pasadena and daughter of the famous artist, Harry Blakely. Her father is tragically killed on one of the planes that flew into the twin towers on 9/11. Dad, Mom, and Joan were a very close family, and Joan becomes unmoored after her father’s death and the loss of his voluminous art journals in the crash. Joan marries in haste and lives to regret it when she finds out her 10-year marriage now includes a family on the side with a set of 5-year-old twins. At this point, Joan was hitting a low point in life. But when she is called on to courier priceless art to Paris, the story steps up a notch because the art gets stolen from her Paris hotel room. The balance of the book involves the chase around Paris to find stolen art, a hot romance with a man she met on her plane to France, her Mom’s (a former model) return to Paris, and various hi-jinks. I enjoyed the story, but I loved the ending. I appreciate that Lian Dolan writes women who recover from loss, lies, and heartache. I like her writing. I am sure this will be a very successful book when released in April 2022. #Art #Paris #live #romance #cozy #joanofarc
🎨
Thank you Netgalley and William Morrow for the opportunity to read this book which was delightful.

#reading #books #bookstagram #book #booksofinstagram ##lostandfoundinParis #JustBooksBookstagram #bookish #lindaleereads2021 #mmdbookclub  #readinglife  #modernmrsdarcy @liandolan #december ❄️ #lostandfoundinparis @netgalley @williammorrowbooks
Lost and Found in Paris by Lian Dolan is a great escapist read set in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I absolutely loved being transported to Paris and definitely related to the protagonist struggling with "What Now?" after life throws her a huge curve ball. Highly recommend.
Loved the art world, the Paris setting, and the engaging characters. Joan is the daughter of a celebrity supermodel and a famous artist. When her father, the artist, is killed on one of the planes on 9/11, Joan puts her own life on hold to publicly mourn her father and develop his legacy. On assignment as an art courier, delivering precious sketches to a prospective buyer, Joan gets wrapped up in a fast-paced adventure/mystery that she definitely didn't want or ask for, but we know she needs it. Great story, lots of fun with some serious themes about being true to yourself while still supporting family members.
Maybe more of 3.5 stars. There were many things I did like and a few that I did not. Growing up in the LA area, I enjoyed the references to Southern California. I also liked that the main character, Joan, was strong and snappy when her husband admitted his affair. Often times an author makes the lead female wishy-washy and their judgement is convoluted by feelings of love. I appreciated that Lian Dolan did not. I also appreciated the fact that the main character was realistic in that she did not choose to sleep with someone else in order to feed her emotions after her marriage was over. She needed time to heal before moving on with her life. On another note, I am utterly obsessed with books that take place in Europe so I did like that aspect. Being transported through the imagery depicted was fun.  Unfortunately, I felt that the many references to wealth and celebrity of the main character’s parents/life/friends came off as somewhat pretentious. I’m not sure if that was the authors intention, but it felt a bit overdone. Just my own personal preference in a book. The book was well written, it just wasn’t for me
This was more than I expected. Got some mystery added to the story. ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.
I loved everything about this book. It's mysterious and funny and poignant and smart. And most of it is set in Paris so really could it be any more perfect. I have a new favorite author!
Not entirely sure on how to feel about this story. It took me awhile to get into and I think that a lot of the background stories about Joan's childhood wasn't really for me, but I did cry multiple times reading it haha. I love the art aspect to the story and how large of a role it played throughout the entire novel. Ok now for what I didn't enjoy (SPOILER ALERT!!) One, I absolutely HATED Beckman's character. I understand that that is the entire point of his character but man I could not stand. Second. like I stated, there was a lot of detail about Joan's childhood and her experiences with her parents before her father died and they DID add a depth-ness to the novel, but I found them a little droning. Finally, it completely crushed me how Nate didn't end up with Joan and she basically just literally moves on with her life without a care in the world for him.
I love love love this book!
"The ultimate escapist adventure in Paris, told with wit, style, and a touch of intrigue.". Yes !
Joan and Nate were so much fun to have adventures with, I'd love to do it again.