Cover Image: Bruno's Challenge

Bruno's Challenge

Bruno's Challenge is a collection of short stories featuring Bruno and all the usual characters from the Bruno series.. Some stories are heartwarming, some are sad but all serve to champion Bruno. He is the ultimate detective, mediator, cook and friend. If you've read the series then this collection will be a nice meet up with all the St.Denis residents: If you haven't then they serve as an introduction to the town, it's inhabitants and the beautiful Perigord region of France.
Martin Walker has created one of the best environments and characters ever. Bruno chief of police series is a wonderful series set in the Dordogne area in France and we get everything. Murders, mysteries, small crimes, food and drink, love stories and friendship. This one is the first collection of short stories, some of them old and some of them new. I have never felt such an urge to visit and even move to a place as when I read these stories and also I get very hungry reading about Brunos cooking. This region in France seems to have it all, the history with some of the oldest cave paintings in the world. All the castles and winemakers. The influence in food from all the people who has settled there and visited the place. I love the description of rural country village life and search for a good life. I can not help myself from telling everyone to try these books.  #BrunosChallenge #NetGalley #KnopfDoubleDay I must thank @netgalley @aaknopf for giving me this advance copy and #MartinWalker for writing these wonderful stories.