Cover Image: The Answers Are Within You

The Answers Are Within You

Amber Rae's THE ANSWERS ARE WITHIN YOU is a beautiful work. Wise and wonderfully wrought, the book offers page after page of compassionate wisdom and encouragement to be your best self, live your own story, and give the world the gift of yourself. I read the book in one day, marveling at the illustrations, simple graphics that explain tough concepts, and always, always her hard-won perspective on ways to approach the difficult, the novel, the seemingly impossible things we encounter in a lifetime.  I received an early reader copy of this book and this review is my own, unbiased opinion.
This book of wisdom can help you avoid overwhelm and live life with more intention. It includes visuals to help focus the message. It's succinct enough the you can reread it, or a section of it, whenever life is particularly challenging and you need to get perspective.

Thanks, NetGalley, for the ARC I received. This is my honest and voluntary review.
I am so grateful for Amber Rae. I first found her on Instagram and then I participated in her 30-day journaling email series in 2020 and it is not an exaggeration to say it was life changing. I will be buying this book both in physical form and for my Kindle.

"The reason we seek the answers outside is because we don't know how to access them from within." There's the rub, as Shakespeare would say. You know what's wrong, but how to fix it?

What I have found is that I often make things worse by piling negative thinking onto negative states. That is very difficult to counter, but I have found that sometimes something she posts on Instagram has the power to make me shift away from the negative and focus on the possible.

Note I said possible, not positive. Obviously, there is a lot of positivity here but it's not empty positivity. Instead, I find her to be gently encouraging us to find our own paths, consider other truths.
I first heard of Amber Rae on Instagram and loved her advice and prompts. The Answers Are Within You is a self-help book full of encouraging words, prompts, and illustrations. While you may not relate to everything that is written in the book, I found that a lot of the advice and information were useful. It made me look at things from a different perspective. I found myself bookmarking a lot of pages. I love that Amber Rae delivered the advice in a way that did not feel "preachy".
The Answers Are Within You gives readers the opportunity to take in short, meaningful and visual thoughts in a book format. Imagine the things you love about a helpful Instagram account, but having it in a book, instead of on a distracting app or phone. That's what I took away from this book!

While I enjoyed this book in digital format, I feel it would be presented best in a print copy. Ideally, I would love to keep a print copy by my bedside, to read a chapter a day before bed or at the day's start. This book would make a wonderful gift for someone who isn't ready for self-help, but could use a daily boost in their life!

Thank you St. Martin's Essentials and NetGalley for a digital copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
This collection of reflections and affirmations can be read in sequence or randomly as needed.   They are accompanied by cute, creative illustrations that reinforce the point.   The tone is very encouraging and full of compassion--no one is expected to get it right all the time.  Instead, the author encourages readers to keep thinking, keep trying, and keep reframing in search of a peace and contentment that comes from within.

This would make a great gift, especially for teens and young adults.   It's very attractive and accessible and each little "bite" is helpful and thought-provoking.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
I've been reading a lot of "self-help" books for the past couple of years, and this is a really fun (creatively designed) encapsulation of a lot of core ideas. The delivery of many key main concepts in a visually appealing way and with direct, easy-to-understand text makes this a very accessible read for people who might not have the bandwidth to get through many heavier/clinical texts. I think that this format also lends itself well to being a book that you keep on your bookshelf and revisit when you feel the need for some inspiration or reminders. It has many digestible nuggets of wisdom that could come in handy at many difficult moments in life when you feel like you need some advice about how to get through it. I think that this will also be well-received by a number of audiences, including teens since it is designed so nicely.
This book takes an empathetic approach and gives bite size approaches and allows you to have kindness and patience with yourself when dealing with life. This is so necessary for everyone to read in life. Highly recommend. Especially loved the reflection to true life to humanize my feelings and relate. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
This is such an encouraging book! The Answers Are Within You is just the right amount of sweet, reflective, and thought-provoking. You could pick up the book, let it fall open to a random page, and most likely, there'll be something there that you would need to hear. I bookmarked so many pages to save for future reference. Rae created the kind of self-help book I most enjoy: short snippets, journal/thought prompts, beautiful quote imagery, and pages that feel like a kind, wise friend is trying to encourage you to be the best possible human you can be.

Recommended for you if you love sharing encouraging quotes on instagram, like to be introspective, or want something that will both perk you up and make you want to be your best self.

Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the e-ARC.
I've been following Amber Rae on social media for a few years now, so I know that Amber Rae's writing prompts and advice mesh with my personal style of reflection.

Like every self-help book, not everything in this book will be relevant to you, and even Amber brings it up in her introduction when she talks about using this book exactly how you need to, even if it's just jumping to the various sections that you want to explore. I've been feeling a bit restless recently and I love to journal, so I decided that I was going to read this book cover-to-cover and journal for each of the prompts that she brought up.

There's a lot of interesting ideas explored here that I haven't seen before, even as a fan of Amber's. I found myself bookmarking various sections that I know I want to come back to explore further one day. About 20 pages in my journal and almost all the ink in one of my gel pens later, I find myself more assured about which direction I want to move in, which is exactly what I wanted from this book.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Essentials, and NetGalley for the ARC.
Amber Rae has created a lovely little book here. The illustrations really stood out for me. I enjoyed the presentation- little bites of advice and ideas, each with a graphic.  I bookmarked so many of them, with the intent to revisit them through time. Easily digestible with solid advice.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for providing me with an ARC.
She writes. She illustrates. She inspires. Amber Rae has a following for those that are looking for a new way of thinking that brings joy into their life.

She says, "The reason we seek the answers outside is because we don't know how to access them from within." She writes about how to find inspiration, compassion, trust and strength in your day-to-day life. The book comes with illustrations that reinforces how one can unlock the creativity inside. She notes that one can read this book page-by-page or simply pick a page that inspires.

This book presents a soft approach on helping people that need a boost in life. Amber Rae is an enthusiastic 36 years old on social media and it feel like she's addressing the needs of those that are young who are looking for creative ways of making a living.

She makes some unrealistic goals such as "Life life on your terms when someone tells you how to life your life." It's complicated when you have jobs, families and responsibilities to simply change your path when things get tough. She says: "Observe emotions from a distance" Sure, it's nicely said; hard to do. It's like Marie Condo telling book lovers that they should only have 30 printed copies in their homes. Some things are good suggestions but simply not possible.

A few of her messages were repeated from her last book, "Choose Wonder Over Worry," when she says, "Don't die with your gifts inside." She adds a quote from Todd Henry's book, "Die Empty." It says, "In the graveyard are buried all the unwritten novels, never-launched businesses, unreconciled relationships, and all the other things that people thought, 'I'll get to that tomorrow.' One day however, their tomorrows ran out." Rae's book references other inspirational gurus and she includes some personal stories.

If this book helps people, then that's a good thing. She says that people pick up books like this for a reason. Maybe there's a message inside that can help them.