Cover Image: Plant Power

Plant Power

This book is more of a weight loss/diet book than what I expected.  I was hoping for more recipes (although there were some at the end) than a meal plan .  It appears that the meal plan would be relatively easy to understand, but personally I don't like the rigidity of those kinds of approaches to weight loss.  There is a great deal of educational material in this book, focusing on the benefits of increasing the amount of plant based foods in your diet, and also some of the reasons it is a good idea to decrease the amount of animal based foods in your diet also.  Overall, if you are looking for a weight loss plan that is going to be more plant than animal based, this would be a good book for you.  Thank you @netgalley and Dr. Ian K. Smith for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I came down with a rare neuropathy this year and turned to a plant based diet for help and healing.  This book gives you an easy road map I to delving I to a more plant based lifestyle. It includes research and wonderful weekly meal plans.  A wonderful resource cookbook!