Cover Image: A Little Closer to Home

A Little Closer to Home

I didn't really know much about Ginger Zee or her last book but this newest memoir is powerful and full of her struggles with mental health. Read with care because Ginger goes into some heavy topics from rape, abortion, attempted suicide, depression and life during COVID. The mental health rep in this book is amazing. I fully believe there are people out there that need to hear her story! Highly recommended and great on audio read by the author! Much thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing my ALC!
I have not read any of Ginger's other books, but I have always enjoyed her reports on GMA, so I decided to give her book a listen.

I was pulled in and enjoyed listening to every story that she told. I commend her for her vulnerability and honesty. Some of the experiences Ginger shares from her life are very intense and could be triggering for many folks as it touches on her healing from trauma.

I am thankful for Ginger sharing her story so candidly. Continuing to "normalize" mental health struggles will hopefully destigmatize them.

You are not alone.