Cover Image: The Perfect Find

The Perfect Find

Unpopular opinion here as sadly I don’t love this one as much as her first . I loved the setting but I just couldn’t take to any of the characters and for someone who was 40 our protagonist was acting like a 20 year old . I didn’t feel there was any depth to the story and it was just a bit boring really . I wanted to like this but it just didn’t work for me .
Thank you for my earc of this book!
I am alllll about romance and the genre is really having a moment and long may it continue. A wonderful addition to the genre, solidifying this author as a fabulous writer.
I absolutely loved Seven Days in June and I felt very similar about Williams' new one. It's a very funny story, very engaging, characters are very relatable and likeable. It's very moving, very raw, a great story! Pick it up! Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the arc in return for an honest review.
I read this book after reading seven days in June, Tia Williams is incredible and this book did not dissapoint. I'm excited to read everything she writes in the future. Five out of five stars.
"Somehow, she'd found a best friend, a lover and a soulmate, all in the same unlikely person."

The Perfect Find is set in New York City in 2012. 40-year-old Jenna Jones is tasked with working on a fashion video project with the CEO's 22-year-old son, Eric. But what she doesn't expect is to fall in love.

Jenna is a unique protagonist, being 40, recently single for the first time since college and working at an online fashion magazine where she has to quickly learn the social media ropes. However, she was oozing with confidence and a strong sense of self that only comes with age. On the other hand, you have Eric, who's also a confident and charming character you can't help but love, especially considering his mother's distant upbringing tactics.

Jenna and Eric are an unlikely pair, but they have such a strong and undeniable connection, despite the age gap. "I studied you all night. I have a PhD in Jenna Jones now." This lead them to have electric chemistry, which was evident in the book's many steamy scenes. There was also definitely a forbidden element at play here, which just added to the delicious tension. I had a feeling how the book would end and I was right. It was truly the perfect ending for them.

Finally, I have to say I really enjoy Tia Williams' writing style. She has a way with words and I loved the many witty comments and frank discussions throughout the pages. I also couldn't help but enjoy all the name-dropping and the behind-the-scenes glimpse at NYC's fashion world.

So, if you enjoy steamy, age-gap, forbidden romances with a New York City backdrop, definitely check out The Perfect Find. I can't wait for the Netflix adaptation starring Gabrielle Union.

Thank you to Quercus Books and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for this honest review.
I really enjoyed The Perfect Find by Tia Williams.
I found the characters relatable and it was nice to see a romance novel with a 40 plus love interest.
The book is definitely a light read, and ideal for someone looking for a happy ever after.

***Thank you Netgalley and Quercus Books for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
Honestly, as much as I needed to know how it ended-I didn’t want it to! I needed more!! Overall this was a fun, exciting book that gave me several hours of escapism and enjoyment. Id definitely read other books released by this author.
If you can look past the elements of this book that are a little dated then the romance is certainly a forbidden love fest and is a great read to build on steamy romance and excitement of a relationship that is not only forbidden but almost taboo then it really does build up those emotions into quite an intense read. Unfortunately, I can't decide how I feel about the ending, I dont think I like the way it was written but ultimately agree with the way it did end.... I dont know, it's something I haven't been able to put my finger on. Nonetheless, I would not discourage anyone from reading it.
I am late to the party with my review, but I have some words to say!

I am 100% sure that Tia Williams is my favourite new for me author of the year. I've never heard about her before and read 2 her books in June/July and November and it was truly unforgettable and amazing experience.

The perfect Find is a unique novel - steamy, fun and dramatic, all at the same time. It's a story about love that kills all social rules, age and life views. I loved the characters a lot, probably for now Jenna and Eric are my favourite fictional couple!!

I saw several reviews saying that the ending made the readers angry and that Tia Williams should have written it in a more fictional and imaginative way, but I would say that I truly enjoyed it how it was! Last chapter just leave you on the verge of tears and this make it very heartwarming (at least in my opinion).

Can't wait to read next books by Tia Williams!!!

I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for providing my with the e-arc in exchange for an honest review.
Absolutely loved this… story line and the plot. Never hear of an older woman and younger guy, and the dynamics of the relationship as a whole… Very good how the story comes together at the end. Would recommend!!
Jenna Jones is having to start over she has been dumped by her fiancé and fired from her job. When she begs her colleague for a role at a new online magazine she finds herself surrounded by people who are more tech savvy than herself.

Then Jenna meets Eric the man who is shooting her new web series and he sweeps her off her feet. But their relationship will not be easy not only is there big age difference but also Jenna’s new boss is Eric’s mother.

This is the second book that I have read By Tia Williams. It is a re-release of an older book.  I and I enjoyed it immensely. If you like an older woman and younger man romance this one is for you.
The Perfect Find is about fourty year old Jenna, who's trying to give her career a new boost after running away from it all after a bad break-up. While on the job, she meets Eric, a 20-something videographer who quite instantly sweeps her of her feet. But their romance isn't an easy one since they have a big age difference, they work together and their boss also happens to be Eric's mother and Jenna's old nemesis.

I was immediately pulled in from the first page as Tia Williams's writing is captivating and engaging. It was after starting the book that I realized that this is actually a re-release since The Perfect Find first released in 2016. After realizing this, it definitely explained all the pop culture references that felt a bit old. But the story is definitely still relevant and very enjoyable. I found Jenna and Eric's relationship to be real and their chemistry and banter was amazing. And I als found the relationship they have with various friends to be refreshing and it definitely made for interesting dynamics which resulted in an intriguing story. I did find the ending to be a bit controversial but that's to each their own liking.

The Perfect Find is a fast-paced, sexy and entertaining read that many (probably have and) will enjoy.
I didn't really get in to this book. Not for me sorry.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review,
3,5* rounded to 4
When I read the blurb I thought about "Younger" (the tv series, not the book) but I think that the author was able to deliver her own version of an older-woman/toyboy story.
i had fun and enjoyed it but I think that Seven Days in June was more mature and interesting.
It's a light story, some parts didn't age well and I think that the author is definitely better know.
Entertaining and fun.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
I'd just finished Tia William's other book "Seven Days in June" and loved it so much that I wanted to read all of her work. I was ecstatic to be granted a copy to read by @quercusbooks via  #Netgalley I devoured this book in one sitting! It’s giving me everything that ‘Seven Days in June’ gave, except with a different setting and a different set of challenges.

Still 100% authentic feel. Still 100% aesthetic vibes. Still 100% real challenges and real solutions. And yes, still 100% passionate romance. Swoonworthy.
The story is set in the fashion magazine world in New York. So think Devil Wears Prada. And it centers a couple with an almost 20 year age gap. So think Prime with Uma Thurman.

I shed some real tears with this one. The way she wrote this forbidden, secret love that made you feel the butterflies, excitement and the absolute ache with this couple, is just brilliant. It’s a romcom so it’s funny too. A movie adaptation is on it's way on Netflix, starring Gabrielle Union as the lead, and I can't wait. I can't wait to read everything else from this author as well!
I enjoyed this. The two main characters felt fully realised and while the age difference was large it didn't feel predatory.

The difficulties in them being together were real and not easily surmountable, it was funny with solid set pieces. The fashion world lends itself to dramatic stories and I enjoyed this for what it was.

I was surprisingly moved by the events - it felt mostly realistic and not overly cheesy.

I'm not sure the ending entirely worked but it didn't detract from the overall story.

My thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Right from the very beginning your were drawn into the life of Jenna Jones and honestly after that beautiful ending which I cried like a baby for, I really didn't want to put the book down. I was ready for the next chapter...

I loved the dynamic of Jenna and Eric's relationship and the relationships with those around them. There were plenty of laugh out loud moments and some o so steamy scenes that made me want more. The author has a way of inviting you into the world, sitting you at the table with all the characters and making you feel like your a part of the story.

I definitely think I will be rereading this one and Tia Williams is definitely an auto buy author for me now after my love of this book and Seven Days in June.

Disclosure: Thank you to NetGalley for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for an honest review.
Well, this was a one-sitting job! Couldn’t put it down!

I didn’t realise it was a re-release of an older book - it popped up on NetGalley and I jumped on it as soon as I saw Tia Williams. It’s funny how much books have changed in a few years - I could feel that this would have been an amazing release with a predominately Black cast in 2016, but I could also feel some of the things that had dated (eg. casually calling someone bipolar or schizophrenic).

Jenna is 40, in a job that is beneath her, dealing with the aftermath of a huge breakup. She meets Eric, the new videographer she needs to work with, and all sorts of complications pop up: their clear attraction in the workplace, their age difference and life goals, and his mother.

Things I liked:
- Jenna and Eric were SO CUTE AND TENSE AND WONDERFUL. They had everything. Banter, chemistry. And their steam! Holy crap. It burned 🔥🔥🔥
- Sometimes I find age gap romances weird because usually one of the characters doesn’t feel their age. In this case they were spot on, language and behaviour wise, and Eric’s emotional maturity was delightful
- The fashion setting
- I’ve stewed a lot on this. It’s controversial. But I loved the ending. Many hated it. But it felt right for what they both needed. Could do with a sequel though!

Things I didn’t like:
- A few ableist remarks that probably wouldn’t fly in a current release
- Dated pop culture references
- I couldn’t get a good sense of time in this book. Some things felt really rapid. Anyway, I got lost on timing
- How much this consumed my thoughts. I couldn’t sleep after I finished it! I was so caught up in the ending

In short: A really fantastic read, pleased to see a push to re-release in 2021. Eric is adorable and you’ll all want your own Eric.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
I think I should have read this before Seven days in June.

This book follows Jenna, who at 40 has upended her life and started to work with one of her rivals. The only problem is that she needs to make a perfect web series to keep her job and the man who's videoing the whole thing is Eric, her rivals son and someone Jenna finds a little too irresistible.

In terms of characters, I found everyone fairly likeable, I thought that the side characters were better but that may just be my thing against main characters. Although I did love Eric as a love interest. I was not however a big fan of the dialogue at all, it annoyed me, not to the point I stopped reading the book but I was still very annoyed.

I did feel very convinced about the romance. Sometimes there's an issue of romance feeling very instalove but this wasn't an issue here. It did feel very natural and gradual and I enjoyed that a lot.

The ending was very Tia Williams, I can't complain because I was kind of expecting it but I wasn't a fan of it at all. Despite that I did think it made sense, it didn't feel out of place or out of character which I think is great.

Overall, it was just okay, I think if I read this first I would have enjoyed it a lot more because Seven days in June was so damn good but I still enjoyed it.
This was a quick and easy read that I enjoyed. It was a good story and I liked that it had older woman/younger man as that is rarely written about. It was relatable and I would love to read it again in the summer.