Cover Image: A Scoundrel of Her Own

A Scoundrel of Her Own

Too slow paced for my liking. I know alot of historical romance readers who will love this though just not for me.
*4.5 stars*
Wow am I ever impressed with this book! This is the first book I've picked up by this author and I truly can't wait to pick up her others. It can be difficult for a book to stand out in this genre due to the overall predictability (though that is why we keep coming back to this genre lol) but this one really hit the mark. I found the storyline unique, intriguing, and full of wonderful messages.

Lady Ophelia aka Fifi was a breath of fresh air. She was intelligent and resourceful, and stood up for what she believed in even when it went against the status quo. Her fierce determination in fighting the prejudice that permeated the London ton was admirable, to say the least. She was well-spoken, passionate, and just an overall enjoyable character. I really liked how the author wrote her.

Then we have Devlin. Wow. Just wow. I have an obsession with male characters that are fiercely loyal to and protective of the object of their affections. Devlin did not disappoint in this regard. He had eyes for Ophelia, and Ophelia only. He was crass in all the right ways, and stopped at nothing to achieve his goals. Watching these two fall in love was a huge delight. I absolutely adored their back story and how they met - it felt like fate and I'm a sucker for that kind of story.

I do wish that we had explored Fifi as Lady Starlight just a bit more and I also am not sure how I feel about the ending as it pertained to Ophelia's parents. All of my questions were answered in that regard, so I dont feel like I'm missing anything but I did get the feeling that it was a bit brushed under the rug. Overall however, I loved this story, and I really loved the author's writing style. I'm very excited to read the previous two novels in this series and am looking forward to the next one! It sounded like a great premise if I'm guessing the correct character!
Lady Ophelia and Devlin meet as young kids after Devlin rescues Ophelia from almost drowning. They quickly become friends and eventually pledge themselves to each other, then life had other plans for them. 15 years later, they cross paths with each other, but life has changed them so much. Lady Ophelia likes to moonlight as Lady Starlight and Devlin has a dark and dangerous reputation. Will fate bring them together or keep them apart the rest of their lives?

This was a wonderful Historical Romance book. I'm a big fan of Stacy Reid and always enjoy reading her books. Devlin was such a likeable and romantic hero, one that you don't see often in Romance novels anymore and Ophelia was a beautiful and delightful heroine. Their chemistry was amazing and it had enough mystery to keep me from getting bored! I absolutely loved this one!
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC in exchange for my review and honest opinions.
Fast-paced steamy historical read.  Lady Ophelia lives two very different lives, the daughter of a powerful Marquess and darlin of the ton and also a singer and connected to the ruler of the underworld, Devlin.  When she learns of a family secret, she wants to investigate further and Devlin is there to help her.  Entertaining read with loads of drama, suspense and steam.  Great characters with sizzling chemistry.  I liked it.
There are authors who write Regency and Victorian novels set in England wonderfully only to fall short when writing novels set in America during the same time period. Then other authors are exactly the opposite, they write great books set in America only to flop when writing books set in England. Stacy Reid is a special breed of author, she writes books from from locations expertly. Her books, just like A Scoundrel of Her Own, always have wonderful, powerful characters, in-depth, exciting plots, and beautifully descriptive scenery. There is one thing I have learned when reading Stacy Reid, especially this book, you won't be disappointed. I highly recommend A Scoundrel of Her Own, and get previous books too.
A poignant story that makes you wonder what you would do in her place.  Would you have the strength to go against all you knew to gain the love of a lifetime?  She does, and the journey to get there is a story you won’t want to miss.
A promise to wed as children...

Becomes a forgotten wish as adults who reside in different worlds.
Lady Ophelia "Fifi" and Devlin "Niall" met as children when he rescued her from the river and kept her safe for five days.
As children do, they made a promise to wed, which he moved on from as he grew up as a poor lad and she a lady.

Ophelia has found out a fact that has rocked her world and made her determine to find someone from her past.
What will Devlin do now that he has found her again?

I liked both Ophelia and Devlin and how their personalities as children shaped the adults they became,
Recommend.
I love the Sinful Wallflowers series. And I love A Scoundrel of Her Own too. Devlin and Ophelia are a bit different from our previous couples. They are from different social classes but I love that Ophelia never lets that affect her relationship with him. While Fifi is part of the ton,  Devlin is a man society will not accept.

They met as children when he rescued her after an accident. He kept her safe and he vowed that he would marry her.

Years later, Lady Ophelia is moving through two different worlds. Daughter of a powerful marquess, who is given quite a bit of freedom from her doting parents. The other she moves through disguised as Lady Starlight, a songstress, who finds herself under the protection of Devlin Bryne.

Devlin has worked his whole life to get where he is now. Gaining wealth and being ruthless in order to make his way to Ophelia. Leading him to help her when things become financially strained and helping her find a woman from her past.

Thanks so much to the author, Entangled and NetGalley for this ARC to review.
I absolutely adored A Scoundrel of Her Own! It was an exciting and enchanting story filled with passion, emotion, and so many entertaining scenes. I loved the flirting and boldness and all the ups and downs. It made for an amazing read.

It's hard to say who I loved more, Ophelia or Devlin because they were both fantastic characters. I loved Ophelia’s zest for life and how she put herself out there to be wild and daring. Devlin was incredible, I loved him from the start but somehow the more I learned about him, the deeper in love I fell with him. I liked how hard he worked and how much he cared for others. I enjoyed the conflict that kept Ophelia and Devlin apart and the intense pull between them that brought them together. There were so many well-thought-out scenes from flirty and witty to passionate and real. I loved their verbal sparring and the growing heat between them.

From the very sweet and heartfelt prologue, I was all in. There was an excellent introduction and rich details keeping me captivated. There was a wonderful build that had me on the edge of my seat. The ending was heart-in-my-throat pulse-pounding with a nice bit of drama. I liked meeting both of their friends and revisiting couples from the first two stories as well.

I loved this so much. It was an engaging read with exceptional characters that were intriguing and charming and I loved every second. I laughed, I cried a little and most definitely swooned as Ophelia and Devlin fought their way to their happy ending.
This is the third book I read from this author and so far, it’s my favorite.
Lady Ophelia Darby is the daughter of a powerful marquess and also the underworld’s songstress Lady Starlight, while she searches for information about her past.  Devlin Byrne stands on the edge of London society, knowing he will never be accepted. No one else knows that his obscene wealth and ruthlessness aren’t without purpose. Or that his purpose is Ophelia. He has waited for her for a long time and now, it’s the time to collected her promised to wait for him…
I absolutely loved this book. Devlin is just perfect…the way he loves her even though he denies it…the way he cannot stay apart once he finds her again. The sobriquet, Fifi, is like magic in his lips.
This story is about love, but also about making oneself the person that’s destined to be. He changed his destiny for her. To be worthy of her. Ophelia is sweet and lovable but also fragile and needs to please everyone all the time, mostly her parents. I didn’t care for them. They were selfish and cruel, even though they keep saying that it was all for her own good. I can understand that in that period of time the class differences were almost impossible to accept, but still, they should have understood better that you could do almost anything for love.
There are great sexy times, unfortunately not too many of them, but this story is amazingly and the final scene in her father’s studio almost broke my heart. Perfection in a few lines. They were a few moments like that: my heart beat a bit faster than usual and my eyes filled with emotional sweet tears.
Thank you for a beautiful experience.
My thoughts on this book are a bit complex. I really liked the romance. The tension between our two main characters was absolutely amazing. I really loved seeing their relationship develop a lot. I also quite liked them just as seperate characters. I also really liked the commentary this book gave on the classism of the time, and Ophelia's family dynamics were also really interesting and well done. However, I just feel like this book was WAY too long. There were certain scenes that just dragged out way too long and I honestly believe parts of that could have been cut out. At times this could get very repetitive, especially during the big social commentary parts. It also took me forever to read this book. It was just super slow moving. So yeah, there were some elements to this that I really loved and thought were amazingly well done but I also had a rough time reading this.
I lovedlovedLOVED this story! Lady Ophelia and Devlin were the cutest, most adorable couple ever.

Ok, so saying Devlin was adorable as an adult is a stretch unless by “adorable” we mean wickedly hot and oh so freaking dashing. Under his tough guy veneer he had the purest heart, and he was a true protector. A protector who wouldn’t blink at stabbing and ahole who deserved it, mind you, but he totally won my heart.

When some hidden truths about her family came out, Ophelia’s whole world crumbled down. But being the willful badass that she was, she couldn’t just stay home and let things go by. That’s how she finds herself in a bit of a bind and spending a lot of time with Devlin.

I think my favorite thing about A Scoundrel of Her Own was their love story. They were absolutely perfect together and I loved every second they spent together.

I must confess that I found myself skimming a little bit during their inner ramblings, as I felt they sometimes could get mildly repetitive. This didn’t really affect my enjoyment of the story though, as I just couldn’t get enough of these two together.

A Scoundrel of Her Own was the most romantic book. It was also seriously hot and even had a bit of mystery. At the end, I found myself wanting to spend more time with Devlin and Ophelia. These two will stay on my favorite couples list forever.
Thanks to #Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book.

I couldn’t put this book down! From the first pages where Fifi and Niall meet as children to the way in which they are brought back together as adults.

I loved both Ophelia and Devlins characters and the back and forth between them igniting humour and passion. Devlin shows loyalty and a laser focus on pursuing his goals. Ophelia is strong willed and I love the friendship pact to be involved in wicked things that her group of wallflowers made.

I enjoyed the notes that were sent between Ophelia and Devlin and how each one seemed to turn up the heat on their relationship even more. I thought the visit to his family home was brilliant and a great date setting (don’t want to give away spoilers).

This book is the third in the series but it can definitely be read as a standalone. I will definitely be going back to read the previous books in this series and I look forward to the future books to be released.

Publish date 28 December 2021
I loved it. Fifi was so bold and full of life. Her genuine care for everyone was so tangible, I adored it. While fully aware she was spoiled and privileged, she went through life with little care, until it all came crashing down a bit.

Reconnecting with Devlin was an unexpected, but welcome surprise. The connection they have is undeniable, and their relationship definitely tackles the issue of class. Devlin comes from nothing, though has made his way in the world. Which is admirable, and he gives so much back to the community. Though to be clear, no one gets that rich without cracking some eggs.

In the back of their mind, they know it can't last, but at this moment they're just so into each other. This all led to some very hot scenes. Though it's more. Devlin worships Fifi, and she is so caught up in him. It was beautiful to read.

A wonderful, all-consuming love story.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is an amazing series, to begin with, and A Scoundrel of Her Own is a wonderful addition to it.
I enjoyed reading this book. It has a good amount of intrigue, but the romance was nicely written.
This was a well-written, entertaining book. Steamy and fast-paced, it held my interest and I didn't want to put it down. This book can be read as a standalone story, though it is part of the Sinful Wallflowers series. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books by this author.
Ophelia (FiFi) and Devlin are childhood friends forbidden to have a relationship because of their different class status. FiFi is from a wealthy class and Devlin is from the poor class. Devlin protects Ophelia as she lives a double life. The two have secrets that could destroy them if found out. A steamy, good historical read.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley.
I fell in love with this story.  It drew me in from the start and never stopped. Both of the main characters just kept me liking them more and more. And their "kind of" romance kept my interest all the way through.  Not only did they have depth but so did the whole story.  Devlin  and Ophelia (or Fifi as Devlin called her), were fighting up stream against class snobbery.
I also enjoyed reading about other people in the story who had managed to find love and happiness with someone NOT of their high station.
Fifi's father has hid one outrageous secret and it's a doozie.
Devlin's mastiff, Conan was also a welcome addition to the story.  He brought a smile or two but there was also other humor and laughter in the story too.  It kind of balances the emotional sorrow and loneliness.
I just can't  say enough good things about this story.  So I'll stop.

" I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book,  through Netgalley.  And this is my honest opinion about it."
I love this book from the first page to the last. The prologue of a twelve year old boy leaping into a river to save an eight year old girl drew me in as did the friendship they forged & the promise to marry when they grew up. Lady Ophelia Darby is the impudent, willful daughter of a powerful marquis and darling of the ton. Loved by her parents until her father, thinking he’s dying, tells her a secret which rocks her world. Devlin Byrne stands on the edge of London society, knowing he will never be accepted. No one else knows that his obscene wealth and ruthlessness aren’t without purpose or that his purpose began fifteen years earlier. I adored both Devlin & Fifi their story really pulled at my heart strings, I was routing so much for them to have their HEA. Their attraction sizzled & only grew the more time they spent together. This was another beautifully written, captivating, engrossing, steamy romance that ticked all the boxes for a wonderful read, it also had a devoted dog Conan & Barbosa a goat. The icing on the cake was the epilogue, which had me in tears
 My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
Reid hits it out the park once again!
I don't know how each book in this series is better than the last. This time around we have childhood friends-to-lovers and class differences which causes a ton of forbidden love angst. Love, love, love!
All of these things mixed together with these two characters made the perfect romantic tale.
I was gone for the angst and the sweetness of their love for each other.
A wonderful, romantic story for anyone to enjoy!