Cover Image: The Binge Watcher's Guide to Supernatural

The Binge Watcher's Guide to Supernatural

I binge watched Supernatural and can vouch that this volume would have been a handy tool to have had while I did so!

Thanks to NetGalley for providing an ARC copy for my review.
First off let me say I am a huge fan of Supernatural. I was along for the ride from the very beginning…before the beginning actually, since I actually remember being invited to watch the pilot episode online about a month before the show launched. While I wasn’t blown away by that pilot episode, I liked it well enough to make sure I set my DVR to record the show once actually started airing. After getting a number of episodes in I was enjoying the show. It felt very much ‘monster of the week’ but I was fine with that, many shows, especially sci-fi shows, tend to be like that, establishing characters while the show finds it footing. By the end of the season I was hooked. And while I think the show may have peaked with the awesomeness that was seasons 4 and 5, I was more than thrilled for the show to continue for another 10 years. I’ve got all the seasons on DVD and have watched through them on multiple occasions and even so if I’m flipping channels and I see the show on, I’ll keep watching.
     So needless to say I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to read an eARC of The Binge Watcher’s Guide to Supernatural. (Thanks so much to Riverdale Avenue Books and NetGalley for that.) My original plan was to read along while I did yet another watch through of the show. But I soon realized that wasn’t going to work. It was going to take much too long, and besides once I started reading I couldn’t help but keep going. I’m still doing a rewatch and will continue with however long it take to finish up the journey again, but I blasted through the entire book in a matter of days.
     I must say I enjoyed the heck out of the book. You can really tell Ms. Mason has a true passion for the show. And while I can’t say I agree with her take on everything, and think that perhaps there is a bit too much analysis of the various characters’ sexuality (Yes, I know this a major discussion for a huge portion of the fandom), I absolutely loved the episode breakdowns, all the behind the scenes tidbits, the commentary on the music, the familiar faces segments, and so much more. There is so much in here for fans of the show, and is well worth a read. 4.5 stars, rounded up to 5

As a massive supernatural fan I wanted to read this book to just relive the show in a new light.
And I can tell this was written by a fan. The love pours out of this book. And now I wanna rewatch the show.
Supernatural touched a lot of lives of the 15 season run. And saved many of our lives. So naturally I'll love anything that's just gushing over the show. This book is not for everyone. But it's such a fun read.

I was gifted a copy through Netgalley for an honest review.