Cover Image: Sisters Behaving Badly

Sisters Behaving Badly

A charming, second-chance relationship fiction with 2 sisters in their sixties renovating an old French chateau and mending fences, while finding romance(Kitty) or the bravery to end a bad marriage(Jenny)? I really enjoyed my time reading this book, our narrator is such a hoot and while occasionally the writing dragged a tiny bit, it was a quick and breezy read that really hit the spot.
Cute little romantic comedy.  Was a short read and had a few really funny moments.  Enjoyed the dynamic between the sisters.
This was such a great book to read, it was funny and I loved all the references to the Jackie magazines which I read as a young teenager, that brought back memories. The interaction between the sisters was very interesting, the little spats and remarks going back and forth between them was great. Loved this book. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
A gem of a book which was beautifully written. With some laugh out loud moments!
Two very different characters with very different lives and I loved the interaction between them . All the characters were quirky and extremely likeable and  the  reader was drawn into the story .
A quick read with a great storyline, Highly recommended
Thank you to Netgalley, Boldwood Books and Maddie Please for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
A genuinely funny book, this also offers the refreshing perspective of an older generation.  The depth of effort which the author takes to build the relationships between the sisters and other characters makes for a truly moving experience.  More than a funny romp, this book will make you think about relationships, family and growing older.
I don't know about behaving badly -  I thought these two ladies behaved very well indeed. Both of them were intricately drawn, two very different and succinct characters, and I adored how they interacted with each other.

Although there is a romantic interest for one of them, this story focuses more on family and relationships, reconnections and building bridges. It's about living life to the full, finding oneself, and starting over. And most of all, it's about never being too old for life, love and happiness.

Truly uplifting, I was totally impaired in Kitty's world from the very first page, and now that I've come to the last, I wish I still was. With her easy writing style, her attention to the details and her ability to draw her readers in, Madden Please has written another wonderful story.
In the blurb it says ''Sisters Behaving Badly' is a glorious romp' and that is the perfect description.  It is a romp, it is a lot of fun!

And if you have sisters I'm sure you can relate to some of the goings on in this book, I know I did.  Two sisters in their sixties and not seeing eye to eye are thrown together by an inheritance.  What ensues is hilarious yet heart-warming, optimistic and entertaining.

This is a book about family, about relationships and about getting older and what life means. I love the characters, the two sisters and the quirks they have (as we all do) and that you really do like them and can relate to them.  This is a well written book that kept me amused and entertained and laughing all the way.

Love it and highly recommend it for all sisters!
I adore the cover. It’s eye catching and enticing. Two sisters, estranged, travel to the French country side to sort out their aunt’s estate. I liked Kitty, who is a warm soul. Jenny, initially was very staid and standoffish. I liked the heat  between Leo and Kitty. The progression of the sisters’ relationship,was good woth each one realizing her own potential. Paul was a major drag and I wasn’t surprised to discover what was revealed about him. It’s a good story, replete with mischievous animals, especially the gassy donkey.
First, I would like to thank NetGalley for the advance copy.

This was a fun and easy read. This book follows the story of 2 very different sisters in their 60’s and their journey and adventures as they revamp the house their inherited from their late aunt.

Family dynamics are always complicated and Kitty and Jenny’s relationship is not the exception. From the very beginning we learn their relationship has been strained for years.
Throughout the book, relationships are mended and souls are healed within the process.
I did enjoy this book although I don't think it lives up to its title or description.  First, what I did enjoy!
I liked that the book is about two sisters that are older, somewhere in their 60s and have had a falling out and not spoken to each other in a few years.  They inherit a country house together from a favorite aunt.  The will specifies they are to finish the renovations started by their aunt together.  This brings the sisters to the country house in France where they begin repairing not only the house and grounds but their relationship also.  I loved the plot of this book.  The sisters are vastly different from one another.  Kitty, the younger of the two has been married three times to three losers but she still keeps her humor and easy going ways.  She still believes in a happily ever after.  Jenny, only married once (still is) she used to be a lot of fun according to Kitty but now she is stiff-lipped, uptight and worried about everything.  Going on constantly about Paul says, Paul doesn't allow, Paul won't do this or that.  What a drag Paul is.  Jenny has lost her sense of humor and she also has a general dislike of all animals which doesn't bode good for her at the country house where she encounters not only a stray cat and a flock of chickens but also a donkey with a flatulence problem!
I like that the story stays centered on the sister
s relationship, even as it talks of a side-romance for Kitty and Jenny'
s troublesome marriage.
The characters are all quirky and likeable (except Jenny's husband, Paul).  I loved all of them even the secondary characters were amusing.
What I did not like was that the title gave me the impression that the two were going to get into some funny escapades and quarrels, but though there are funny parts int he book, I really didn't find too much bad behavior from the sisters, nor was there much arguing or disagreements after the initial ice between them was broken.
On the whole the book is a delight to read, amusing throughout.  You won't be disappointed if you pick this one up for a quick Sunday afternoon read.  It goes on sale November 16,2021.
Thank you to Boldwood Books and Net Galley for the free ARC, I am leaving my honest review in return..
Poorly written, with little to no character development made this a very disappointing book.  Save your money.
An absolute treat of a book about two sisters in their 60's, refreshing change to be about older ladies. Beautifully descriptive and humorous in parts. Thank you netgalley for the advance copy
I would just like to say a big thank you to NetGalley for very kindly approving me for this book, for my Kindle, in return for my honest review.

There are quite a few things that I really enjoyed from this book, including the second chance trope, sister relationships, the laugh out loud humour and that it is set in picturesque France.
I loved all the characters, they were all so interesting and the descriptions of France were wonderful, I could imagine myself being there in the gorgeous farmhouse.
Sisters Behaving Badly was written really well and it was a heartwarming, funny read and I really enjoyed the storyline too,
An enjoyable story about two very different sisters in their 60s. As they revamp their aunt's French home, they discover more about themselves and each other. A quick read, with a lot of humor.
Kitty and Jenny are sisters and they couldn’t be more different even if they didn’t try. After a falling out and having not spoken to one another for years they are now going to France to renovate their recently passed away Aunt Sheila’s house.

It seems that the sisters are beginning to mend their relationship reconcile their differences but life isn’t that easy and there is a lot that has been left unsaid. And yet they have a long way to go.

The book is endearing and well written although it was a tad dull in certain places and I preferred that Leó and Kitty’s friendship wasn’t the main focal point in the book it is about the sisters and their journey and that even at the age of 60+ you can still lead a fulling life and that your sell by date has expired.

There is typical British humour included here and what bothers me a bit is that the France were typically stereotyped.
I blitzed through this book over the weekend as I just could not get enough. Light and witty I enjoyed every second. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The story
This is a story about two 60-something sisters, older sister Jenny and younger sister Kitty. The two had a fall out a few years ago and haven’t spoken since. But their Aunt Sheila has passed away and left them her house in the French countryside. The house is in need of repair and the sisters are going there to oversee the repairs and sell the house. Jenny is married to control-freak Paul and Kitty is divorced (for the third time). Can the sisters make peace or will the Cold War continue?

My thoughts
This is a sweet story, I enjoyed the older characters of the sisters, the references to the French countryside experience and the antics of the various builders, neighbours and the roaming menagerie of donkey, cat and hens (it had me laughing at one point!). For me, a lot of this book is consumed with Kitty ruminating about her past mistakes, regrets about not having children, her fight with Jenny and life in general. When she is in fact happy and enjoying the start of a relationship with a new man, she takes time out to think some more 🙈
I absolutely loved this book about two British women who inherit their aunt’s house in France.  They haven’t spoken to each other in a few years after a huge argument but they are forced together as they travel to France to fix up their Aunt’s old house before they sell it.

The characters are delightful and easily likeable. I especially enjoyed Kitty.  The supporting characters were also great.  The story flowed smoothly, giving us more insight on each woman as it progressed.

The book is heartwarming and heartbreaking at times with a big heap of humour that had me chuckling out loud.  When I finished the book I had a smile on my face and felt like I had made new friends.

Thank you to Boldwood Publishing for the opportunity to read this ebook via NetGalley.
This book was very cute. The relationship between the sisters felt honest and real. I am an only child so I can only imagine how great it would be to grow old with sisters. After spending time in the french countryside, the encounters made me laugh. It was a sweet rom-com but with a new spin on the genre. It was nice to see a book where everyone wasn't in their twenties and successful.
I really enjoyed this book. I’m not a great fan of rom-coms usually, but I fancied something a bit lighter and the cover really appealed to me. I would say it features two older protagonists, but with my own 60th birthday only a week around the corner I am certainly reluctant to refer to myself or anyone else in their sixth decade as old. Let’s just say wiser – sometimes.

I really liked Kitty and since her sister Jenny does a disappearing act part way into the book to another part of France, then quite a lot of the narrative tends to surround only Kitty. She’s a real happy-go-lucky kind of person who never really lets things get to her which made for a very uplifting read. There’s lots of humour and dry wit to keep you laughing along with her antics. I admit to being quite a lot like Jenny, always looking on the glass half empty side of life, so it was nice to see how Kitty tries to encourage her sister to let her hair down a little. Which is good! I now have a motivational quote to remind me to be more positive – “Be More Kitty”.

I loved the setting and soon wished I could move to a farmhouse in France myself, it sounded idyllic if a little run down. There are various threads running through the story. At the beginning of the book Kitty and Jenny aren’t getting along too well. There’s a lot of bad feeling still under the surface from when they both had a big fall out. As the book moves on we begin to realise that Jenny’s husband is at the root of much of their disagreements.

It’s a funny, uplifting, cheery book that has you flying through the pages to see what happens next. It does have its more serious moments with Jenny’s controlling husband, but this is always kept fairly light thanks to Kitty’s sense of humour and so even though it is a less than loving marriage there’s never anything too heavy to the story line. I really enjoyed it and would definitely read another of this author's books.