Cover Image: Enough Already

Enough Already

It's nice to read biographies that set the record straight from all the tabloid stories that sensationalize public personalities lives.  Valerie Bertinelli gives a truthful look at growing older.  She tells personal stories from her life and how hurtful the public can be.  She uses this book to tell everyone that it's okay not to be perfect in looks or life decisions.  I enjoy her Food Network shows and how she has decided to live life on her terms. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Valerie Bertinelli has lived most of her life in the public eye, always feeling scrutinized for how she looks and what she does. Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today is almost like a love letter to herself. I am not usually a fan of self-help books, but Valerie does a good job of weaving her personal life and experiences in with the lessons she has learned. I have always been a fan of hers, from her time at One Day at a Time, to her marriage to Eddie Van Halen, and beyond. Valerie's personal story has shaped who she is, so it is only natural that she give readers her experiences and what she has done to find happiness.

The lifetime of love and admiration for Ed is clear, as this book is almost like a tribute to her ex-husband. Her love of her family, her son, and, eventually herself, comes through with family recipes and anecdotes. Ed's final days are hard to read, but are such an important part of Valerie's story.

I really liked the book, but it was a little bit disorganized and sometimes repetitive. Overall, the author gave some sage advice about loving yourself and being comfortable with who you are. I honestly think that the recipes took away from the flow and wished, instead, the recipes themselves were in a section at the end of the book.

Overall, readers who are familiar with Valerie Bertinelli and her storied life will be captivated by the memoir. I would recommend Enough Already to other readers, as this memoir is interesting and has a strong message along with the story.

Disclaimer: I was given an Advanced Reader's Copy of Enough Already by NetGalley and the publisher. The decision to read and review this book was entirely my own.
I love Valerie, I grew up watching her, but I do not want her little political digs.. If I wanted politcal views I would read a politcal book not a memoir.
Valerie Bertinelli’s new book discusses her life from a realistic point of view looking at her today as she enters her new phase in life is a true testament of the strong individual woman she has become.

Growing up with Bertinelli, she was one of those celebrities you felt that she was your best friend.  Her life whilst growing up in the spotlight would become something the tabloids used to love to exploit but she always kept a true path.  She stayed this person whom we all loved and felt a kinship for.

Her new book Enough Already gives affirmation to the woman she is today and even though she has her difficulties.  She stayed real, unaffected through her fame and stayed the celebrity we all would love to have as a friend.  She feels a part of our family, and she stays nestled into the hearts of us all.

She discusses her trials and tribulations with body issues and gives some excellent recipes that are simple and easy to do and will help those enjoy their food as they try to stay fit and healthy.  Within these pages, you also have a wife and mother dealing relationship difficulties, maturity in divorce and keeping it real.  She never plays victim but choses to embrace her decision making and if a wrong foot is taken, she has learned to rectify, learn, and move on.

It is akin to a woman who has learned that we reflect on the past, live in the present and look to the future and to do be able to show this with vim and vigour as a testament to the astonishing woman she is.

This is an excellent read and although it does not detail her whole life there is a lot to digest, admire and love.  She may no longer be the teenager who spoke to a generation, but she is a woman who speaks to the world as a whole formalised human.  Excellent and a definite must read.
I have always been a fan of Valerie's since I was a little girl and she was on my TV. And then seeing her personal life through the window of what we saw in the media made me feel like there was something that connected she and I. And then I read this book and I understood why. This is a phenomenal memoir and I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys reading true life stories.
A wonderful memoir giving a heartfelt insight into a life unfolding and evolving with true acceptance! This is a wonderful story to enjoy, a feeling of being amongst friends and talking until midnight-the honesty and caring is impressive.
The topics covered are relatable to us all, a very well written life story!

Thanks to the publisher, NetGalley and the author for a fantastic life story!
I loved reading this book! I found the writing to be very insightful and interesting. I was intrigued by the premise and I enjoyed reading it from start to finish.
I LOVED this book so much! It  was like sitting around drinking a cup of coffee/tea with her and chit chatting like old friends. She seems like such a sweet person and this book lets the reader have a glimpse into her life! Would recommend for anyone who loves a great memoir that really connects with the reader!
Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins for the eARC of Enough Already by Valerie Bertinelli.
Inspirational.  Honest. Authentic. That is how I would describe the book and the voice of the author.  I enjoyed reading about the Valerie of today - turning 61 and keeping one foot in the present, while sharing heart- felt memories of treasured memories, especially of her one true love, Eddie Van Halen. The book was like chatting with an old friend (one way, of course). Valerie cover many topics in her book- her struggle with weight loss, Covid, her relationship with Eddie and her pride when sharing stories about her son. I feel like this is a book about sef- discovery, self-awareness, and acceptance of who she is. She is making good steps forwards!!   #EnoughAlready#NetGalley
A really enjoyable book! I have been a fan of Eddie Van Halen for years. I loved Valerie's candid discussion on love, family, and food. I resonated with her coming to terms with her inner thoughts and realizing how important family, food, and cooking are. I really enjoyed reading about her relationship with Eddie, and Wolfie. Her recipes are made with love, and I liked that some were included in the book. Reading about her and Wolfie's loss of  Eddie was so very sad. Her love for both Eddie and Wolfie is infinite and truly touching. This book was an unexpected surprise, I loved it!
Thank you to NetGalley, Harper Collins and Valerie Bertinelli for an advance digital copy of this book for review.  In this very open and relatable book, Valerie Bertinelli shares the joys and struggles of her life with readers.  After years of struggling with her weight and issues of self esteem, she decided  “enough already” and to accept herself exactly as she is.  This book will appeal not only to readers in Valerie’s age group but also to younger readers.  The issues she writes about are universal, as are the feelings portrayed.  An added bonus to the book are the (very delicious sounding) recipes.  A very warm and inspirational book which I enjoyed very much.
I have liked Bertinelli since her early days. She is relatable and seemingly down to earth. This book just enhances that opinion. Turning sixty and accepting herself and her weight while basking in proud motherhood, she is just as likable.  She reconciles her love for her ex through his cancer treatment but doesn't say much about her last husband. And the food!  She Savours food and shares some delicious sounding recipes.

Copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley
This is the latest autobiography from Valerie Bertinelli.  I love reading her books, she is so full of fun details and advice for real life!  If you are at all of fan of hers, then you should definitely read this book!
This memoir is an easy read. It’s nice to get to know Valerie Bertinelli. It is like having a cup of coffee with a friend.
Part memoir, part confessional, part self help book, Enough Already is a compelling read for fans who Valerie Bertinelli who have wanted to go a bit deeper with this (seemingly) accessible star. (Full disclosure, I am a VB fan from way back.) Bertinelli starts the book with the weeks before ex-husband Eddie Van Halen's death, a topic she returns to again and again, and the result is that the whole book has a weightiness the serves the subject well. Whether she's talking about Hollywood or body image or her marriage, the loss of Van Halen is always in the mix. She is a woman of a certain age who has had it with the rules of how women should look or act or love. Hence the title- Enough Already. If you've reached a "certain age' and been though some stuff, I think you'll find support in Valerie Bertinelli's book. I know I did.
I've always been a Valerie Bertinelli fan and I was thrilled with this release. It's not a Hollywood tell-all as so many stars are writing. It's a warm, personal account of her struggles in life, her successes, her dreams and her relationships. It's a family-oriented account and I love her anecdotes about her son Wolfie. If you've seen her cooking show, you know that she dotes on him and they have a wonderful relationship. Highly recommend!
Valerie tells her memoir, Enough Already, with honesty, authenticity and grit. I found her to be 100% relatable in her process of changing negative thoughts about her body image, and how with a deep understanding of self, she managed to pull herself out of a negative spiral. She’s learned how to embrace herself as she is by finding something she’s grateful for. She also discusses her favorite memories of working with Betty White, and her special relationship with ex-husband Eddie Van Halen who passed away in 2020. So good! I highly recommend picking it up.
Valerie Bertinelli returns with a heartfelt look at turning sixty, the futility of finding happiness in numbers on a scale, learning to love herself the way she is today, and tips for a healthier outlook on life. I found this a fascinating and insightful read.
What a good book! So honest and so relatable!
Valerie is very genuine and so open about her issues with weight.
I felt for her and was encouraged by her message!
Thank you NetGalley!
Wow! This book encompasses so much from an emotional standpoint. The highs and lows of self love, life, family and everything in between. Valerie gives an in depth exploration of the voice inside your head that tells us we’re not enough. Vulnerability and honesty will resonate with you throughout her story. This journey of life is rocky even for celebrities. She connects with her readers on a human level sharing with us her own personal struggles. Through the loss of her marriages, loved ones etc. she shares her journey. In the end we are enough despite the record that we sometimes play over and over. It really is the simple things in life that mean the most. We are all works in progress. Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC #EnoughAlready.