Cover Image: Thrive

Thrive

Dr, Mark Smutny’s book Thrive: The Facilitator’s Guide to Radically Inclusive Meetings is an outstanding resource to help you have not only successful meetings but also meetings where everyone has input in the meetings and their voice in heard.  If you have to facilitate meetings, this book is a must-have for you!
Having led and survived meetings of all types and purposes (or lack of purpose) in churches, schools, and hospitals, for years, I found Thrive to be an incredibly useful source of wisdom for what to do right and how to do better.  Dr. Smutny's guide provides much-needed perspective, as well as tons of practical strategies for walking the talk of equality and inclusion.  If you care about living for the common good, here is a roadmap.
Kent Higgins, PhD, Psychologist, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts.
An important book focusing on embracing diversity, making the most out of meetings, and ensuring voices are heard. I enjoyed this book, and found it beneficial for employees and business owners/ operators.
Plenty of practical examples.
Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A practical guide with valuable insight in improving meetings.  Helpful tips and real world examples to create more productive meetings and getting others to engage.  Highly recommend to anyone involved in facilitating meetings.
I love the practicality of this book and that's because it can suit two kinds of people; the professional facilitator and the one who loves to have a conversation and the latter may be more.
The major take-aways I got from this book was on the importance of listening, engaging people in dialogue and above all, in not just getting people to interact or communicate but going beyond just talk into action- especially on the topic of strategic plans and management in organizations.
I can't wait to try one of the methods of listening he shares called "fogging: a listening skill used when facing criticism and simply put it means agreeing with anything in the statement a critic makes that is true for you." For example:

Critic: You annoy me with your poor facilitation skills.
Response: I could be a better facilitator

I can't wait to try that one!
Thanks Netgalley  and the Publisher for for the eARC