Cover Image: My Wife Is Missing

My Wife Is Missing

I loved this story. Twists and turns, lies and secrets, this book kept me guessing all the way through.  Told from two different points of view, husband and wife,, it was very easy to follow along. This may be this authors best story yet and all his others have been really good.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, St. Martin’s Press and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

I didn’t want to and didn’t put this one down. What a wild ride, suspenseful and exciting.
Don’t start this book unless you have plenty of time. It will keep you guessing and wanting to know what will happen next. It starts with Michael going on a business trip to NYC and taking his wife and two children along. He comes back to the hotel and finds the three of them missing. The book has all the elements i love, short chapters,it’s told from two perspectives, twists that are impossible to see coming, lies and secrets.  Bravo @DJPalmer #netgalley #myWifeIsMissing #StMartinsPress
Let me start off by saying that D J Palmer has written another nonstop reading novel. He is by far one of my very favorite authors. That said… it’s a story about a husband looking for his missing wife and two children. The twists and turns will make your head spin. LOVE IT!!!
     It’s a riveting and exciting read that you don’t want to miss. The characters could very well be someone you’ve met in your lifetime. That is one of the things I enjoy about his novels. It could very well happen in real life.
     Please don’t miss out reading this thriller. You won’t be sorry!
     Thank you to D J Palmer for his gift of words and NetGalley and St. Martin’s press for the opportunity to read and review a digital copy of “My Wife Is Missing!”
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️. Really torn on this one and I think I’m being alittle generous with a 3 star rating. The first half of the book was so drawn out. I couldn’t stand Natalie and I was annoyed after only 25% with her paranoia. I kept thinking it would get better but it actually got worse. When the chapters were focused on Natalie, I had no desire to read. I had my feelings about Michael from the beginning and can’t say too much or it would be considered spoilers, so I’ll just say that I liked him more than her even though he’s “the bad guy”. Kennett (the detective) he was funny at times but seemed like a character that was kinda just thrown in there. At around 50% it actually started to pick up and I thought maybe it would end as a 4 star….but by 75% I was rolling my eyes again and hated the ending. I also felt like many of the chapters ended with cheesy sentences, like a bad mystery movie. I predicted who the killer was early on and was correct although there was a twist in there that I didn’t see coming. Overall, this one just wasn’t a hit for me and it makes me kind of sad because I loved The New Husband. Sadly, I don’t think I would recommend it.

Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

To see my other reviews check out my Goodreads and Instagram pages:
*Goodreads - Cherihy808
*Instagram - bookworm_traveler808
As a fan of DJ Palmer, I was so excited to read My Wife Is Missing. While I enjoyed this book, I didn’t think it was this author’s best work. I loved the storyline, but found myself at times wishing that the book would speed up.
Full review to come on Instagram and Amazon.  Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for a review copy.
I adored DJ Palmer's last book - like it's one of my most favorite thrillers. I had huge hopes for this one, so I was eager to plunge into it the moment it hit my Kindle (thank you to the publisher!).

I DNF it. I read the 20% I give any book I start and want so desperately to love, but I found myself bored with it. It didn't grab me enough to make me want to find out where the wife and kids went. I am an ADHD reader and I need more action or something in the beginning of a book in order to continue on.

What hurts with DNF-ing this book is that I'm confident that if I pushed through, there would be some amazing twist that would end with me adoring this one too. But alas, there are many books to be read and so little time.
Natalie and Michael Hart’s marriage is on the rocks, they are no longer intimate and have been in counseling without much progress.  Yet, Michael is shocked when his wife and kids are missing from a NYC hotel room on vacation when he returns from picking up their pizza order.  He soon realizes she knows about his affair. As Michael sets off on a cross country hunt for his missing family he must peel back layers of their past and find out just how much Natalie knows and if it’s too late. DJ Palmer continues to write fresh stories that still surprise me with their twists and turns and My Wife is Missing is one of my new favorites- perfect to kick off a new year of reading!  I received an ARC of this book, all opinions are my own.
Wow! How do I write a review when I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the twist ending? This was a great read, , suspense and the sense of who did what , but then the twist comes out of the blue. Whew! What a ride, turbulent , twisty ...lets go again !
Where has the wife gone and why?

Lots of mysteries unraveled in this story. You get to have the husband’s and the wife’s POV so you can understand it all.

Be careful and don’t let your imagination run away with you. It’s very easy to make the scenario match your thoughts.

I can always recommend DJ Palmer’s books because I know you’ll never be let down and this one is no exception.
I really don’t like this genre. I don’t enjoy reading anything with violence. I’m not sure why I selected this book on NetGalley. And yet, I kept reading this book as I wanted to know what happen. It was a well told story. It was a good ending.  Those who like mysteries should really like this one. And now back to my list of unread books on other genres.

PS One thing I don’t like about mysteries is they are often violent. This one didn’t have too much graphic violence. I should be able to sleep tonight.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an early release in exchange for an honest and fair review.
If it's a DJ Palmer book, you can be sure that i will be reading it!  I've read them all and enjoyed them and this one was no different.  On a trip to NYC a father goes out to get pizza and when he comes back his wife and two children are missing.  This begins a story that takes you on a journey and is full or twists and turns....it will keep you reading long into the night to find out what happens next.  I always recommend his books as they provide great entertainment and are such good reads!  Thank you netgalley and the publisher for an e-arc in exchange for a review.
Thanks Netgalley for a copy of MY WIFE IS MISSING.
Really disappointed usually love DJ PALMER. I don't know how a book can be so convoluted yet be predictable at the same time but somehow My Wife Is Missing does it. Knew the killer right away.
4/4.5 stars. Fast-paced thriller about a woman, Natalie, who flees her husband with her young kids in tow. Her husband, Michael, meanwhile is hot on her trail. desperate to find his family. Why is Natalie running away? What is she afraid of? Are her fears justified? The chase takes up the majority of the story and it is very well done. The pursuit unfolds at a great pace, keeping the reader on edge and turning the pages. The author uses both spouses’ perspectives, short, snappy writing and throwbacks to the time before the wife’s disappearance to great effect. The last part of the novel had some really good twists and turns but it was not quite as strong as the first part; I also found the epilogue to be somewhat of a let-down. However, overall, a really enjoyable this novel!

Thanks to St. Martin’s Press and Netgalley for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.
This latest book by D.J. Palmer is my 4th thriller that I have happily read. I always enjoy his books and look forward to a new one when it comes out. Natalie and Michael have 2 young children but when they all go on vacation, Michael finds his wife and both kids are missing. An investigation takes place and many, many lies and secrets come out. I did not see the twist at the end coming. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this early release in exchange for my honest review.
This book was engaging and kept me guessing until the end. The plot could have probably been resolved quicker but overall it was a fun read.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy to honestly review.
Thanks for the chance to read this book! It was pretty decent as far as middle of the pack mysteries go.
A  fun and fast-paced read, with a twist at the end which seems to be common in all thrillers these days. The style of the narration is similar to a Gone Girl in which you don't know who is reliable. I like not being certain but then I also end up doubting everyone and everything trying to outsmart the author. Anyway, entertaining enough read.
Honestly unputdownable. I adore everything Mr. Palmer writes, and this is certainly no exception. Talk about a nail-biting, edge of your seat read. I highly recommend.