Cover Image: My Wife Is Missing

My Wife Is Missing

I am a huge fan of this Author and have loved his previous books. This one outdoes all his other books. This book is full of surprises. OMG Natalie, I felt for you. We have secrets, lies, infidelity and murder. If you like mysteries and/or thrillers you will love this book. I highly recommend it.
Thank you NetGalley and DJ Palmer for giving me this copy! I was thrilled to read it. Another good book by DJ. My original thought on this book was a kidnapping with the title "My Wife is Missing." It doesn't take long to realize this is not the case. There are so many secrets that come to light with each chapter; each twist more shocking than the last. DJ did a good job of going back to forth between characters and past and present. It was a little hard for me to believe that a cop would just tag along with a civilian, but it is fiction. More than once, I thought I had this book figured out to discover a new twist in the next chapter. This book definitely has true DJ suspense and shocking endings. That being said, I would compare this book more to "Saving Meghan" in the fact it's a thriller but not as disturbing as "The Perfect Daughter" and "The New Husband."
DJ Palmers breathes fresh life in to the thriller genre!

—

Never predictable, always original, fully organic, completely plausible, Palmer provides his readers an experience in well-researched, tightly plotted organic thrillers. There will be no red herrings dropped down from outer space folks. No dirty tricks designed just to confuse rather than move the story forward.

I suggest going in to this novel blind—avoid the synopsis and blurbs. You will want the surprises, trust me!

See full review:  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4297772231
I received an advance copy of, My Wife is Missing, by D.J. Palmer.  This was a good read.  I liked the characters and it kept me guessing until the end.
I  was given this book by NetGalley for an honest review - Daniel Palmer never disappoints - - - Once again he writes a winner!!
Natalie confronts her husband who she fears is having an affair - - an when the woman is murdered she grabs their children and runs!!
But Michael wants her back - secrets from his past scare her  - - did he murder?  Was he having an affair?  She hasn't been sleeping so our her thoughts confused?
I think this book should be made into a movie  - the ending is a total surprise!!!
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐢𝐬...𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐭."

In early September I organized a cover reveal to help the author get some buzz generating for his 2022 release, and here I am six weeks later being one of the first to read and review this book.  D.J.. Palmer is one of my favorite authors, and I am overjoyed to present this review.

MY WIFE IS MISSING is hands down his twistiest book yet.  Michael Hart discovers that his wife and two young children have gone missing from their NYC hotel room while on vacation.  He fears they have kidnapped, but he doesn't know that Natalie has left willingly and has been planning to do so for some time.  The action explodes in the first chapter and alternates between present day and the days before Natalie ran.  I had no idea how this book was going to end, and when I was hit with those multiple twists, suddenly everything came together and made perfect sense.

Because Natalie suffers from extreme insomnia--to the point where she suffers from delusions--she is definitely an unreliable character; however, I am a firm believer in instincts, and she is solid in her belief that Michael is dangerous.  Now on to Michael, who comes across as the grieving husband...why would a desperate husband want to make sure that the photo released to the public doesn't have him in it?  It seems that Michael wants to make sure a long-buried secret stays buried.

MY WIFE IS MISSING releases May 10, 2022, and it's a MUST READ!  Thank you so much to the author for his wonderful Facebook group that allowed the publisher to grant my wish for this dynamic early read!
D.J Palmer sure knows how to keep you guessing until the end! Thank you NetGalley for this wonderful ARC! I changed my suspicions about 10 times throughout the book. Natalie flees with her two small children to get away from her husband Michael. He cheated on her, but then she finds out even worse news about him. And the hits just keep coming. Is he as bad as she thinks he is?! There’s murder, there’s lies, there is so much suspense! Without spoiling anything, just get this book and read it yourself! I was suspicious (how many times am I going to use that word here 😂) of a few characters, but I still got the overall turn of events wrong.
Another thrill ride through the words of DJ Palmer.   I’ve been up late reading this fast paced page turner.   Husband and wife, two kids, infidelity, lies and murder.  A perfect  recipe for a great book!
First Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for giving me a chance to read and review this title. I’ve read others by this author and was so excited to get this one.  As I knew it would, it grabbed me from the first page and wouldn’t let go. The twists and turns, ups and downs had me turning pages when I should have been sleeping or working. I just couldn’t put it down. I needed to see what was going to happen next.  I love this author and will definitely watch for the next books.  A must read if you love a thriller with twists.
D.J. Palmer just keeps getting better and better! This is definitely the best book he has written so far! Michael and Natalie have been struggling within their marriage and Natalie’s insomnia is not helping the situation. When they decide to have a New York City vacation with their two children, Michael watches through security cameras as his Wife leaves him intentionally with their two children while he went out to pick up a pizza. Michael must get his family back and find out just how much Natalie knows. I thank Netgalley and St. Martin’s Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
My Wife is Missing by D. J. Palmer

“D.J. Palmer’s writing style just keeps getting better and better. Each book he writes, he takes it up another level. His books draw you in immediately, keep you wondering, and always surprise you at the end. He’s a gifted writer, and My Wife is Missing is another win! Readers will want My Wife is Missing at the top of their list of books to read! Palmer never disappoints.”-Green Gables Book Reviews

About My Wife is Missing by D.J. Palmer:

Tortured by insomnia, Natalie feels she can’t take it anymore. She is not herself. She knows it, and everyone from her husband, co-workers, and clients notices. Her doctor hasn’t found anything to help her, and it’s only getting worse. She’s been embarrassed, more than once, because of her condition. She even wonders if it’s affecting her more than she wants to admit. Is her mind playing tricks on her or is Michael hiding something from her?

Michael, Natalie’s husband, is becoming impatient with Natalie’s excuses. They aren’t even acting as though they’re married anymore. She pulls away from him constantly, they’re not having sex, and he’s tired of their situation. Who could blame him for looking at another woman…and going beyond just looking?

The couple plans a trip with their two kids to New York. They arrive, and everyone is hungry. Pizza delivery will take too long, so Michael goes to pick it up. He gets back, and their son’s teddy bear is in the hallway. He goes to their hotel room, and it is empty. When his calls and texts go unanswered, he gets worried and starts a frantic search. His family has vanished. Why would someone take his family? The police come, and questions begin, then Michael is in disbelief by what the security camera shows. What has happened to his family? Could Natalie know about Michael’s affair and his other secrets, or has her insomnia caused more harm than anyone realized?

My Wife is Missing by D.J. Palmer is available May 10, 2020. I was given an early release of this book to read and review. Thank you!
My Wife Is Missing may be my favorite book of D. J. Palmer's yet!!

Just like the others of his I have read, this is a book that I could not put down!  Such a great story and the twists and turns kept me guessing until the very end.  Palmer's stories and characters are always so engaging.

If you're looking for a highly addictive thriller, I would definitely recommend picking this one up!
I really enjoyed this read. Once I started reading I just couldn’t put it down. It was great all the way until the end!
Thank you to St. Martin’s Press for an ARC of this title because you know I love the author’s work. I’ve been reading his books since he was Daniel Palmer and have never been disappointed.

Trigger warning:  Be careful you don’t get whiplash from the 90-degree twists throughout this thriller.

The wife is plagued by insomnia making her less than alert during the day and making her an unreliable narrator. The husband decides the family (includes two children) should go on a vacation to New York. As soon as they get settled into their hotel room, the wife asks the husband to go out and get pizza for dinner. While he’s gone, she and the kids pull a disappearing act.

Why? Is the husband having an affair or something even more sinister? Does she just want to get away from him? She seems to have her getaway all planned with some cash and a new credit card.

This author always keeps his chapters edgy – you can't stop reading because you have to find out what happens. But who is the guilty party? Opinions on that collide. No spoilers.

Palmer continues to up his game – would love to see how he keeps track of all his plot points. Every book he writes gets better and better.

I highly recommend anything he writes, but especially this title. I noticed he didn’t acknowledge his real wife in the acknowledgements. Could she be missing?
DJ Palmer’s best one yet!  My Wife is Missing is a real page-turner, so much so that you won’t want to put it down!  It’s got everything:  believable characters, an engaging plot, it goes at a steady pace with an unexpected “whodunit” at the end!  It the story of the missing wife and children is written so you actually feel like you are part of the story!  I can’t wait for his next book!
(3.5 stars).  This was my third book that I’ve read by D.J. Palmer. The previous two books were five star reads for me (The New Husband, and The Perfect Daughter). For some reason, I didn’t feel that this story grabbed me like it should have. Yes, there was a ton of suspense and every character was questionable- but I still couldn’t quite connect. If I’m being honest, I think the character of Natalie and her choices irritated me a bit. I just can’t quite put my finger on it.
With that being said, I am still a huge fan of D.J. Palmer and I plan on reading whatever he produces next. I highly recommend reading this new book when it releases, and in the meantime I also recommend reading his previous novels if you haven’t yet done so. Trust me when I say, D.J. Palmer never disappoints!

I would like to thank St. Martin’s Press, NetGalley, and the author for my advanced digital review copy.
Release date May 10, 2022.
My Wife is Missing is an awesome read! D J Palmer has done it again! Michael Hart and his family are in New York for a well-deserved vacation. Since the kids are hungry, being the good Dad that he is, Michael goes to pick up pizza, but when he returns his wife and kids are nowhere to be found. This is just the start of this action-packed book that will keep you on the edge of your seat with the turning of every page. The anticipation after each chapter is nerve-racking, and you will definitely not want to put this book down until you reach the conclusion. It is a wild ride that you will enjoy! Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book!
Another great book by D. J. Palmer! Natalie, who suffers from insomnia, suspects that her husband Michael is having an affair. All the signs seem to point to that, but is Natalie getting a little paranoid due to her lack of sleep? Lots of twists and turns to keep you glued to the pages. Very effective use of moving from the present time to the distant and not-so-distant past. Not the ending that I was expecting, but nevertheless a thrilling ride. Definitely a must read!
Thank you Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the digital advanced readers copy of this book in exchange for my review.

In D. J. Palmer's "My Wife is Missing", Michael, Natalie and their 2 children take a trip to New York City. While running out to grab dinner, Michael comes back to the hotel to find his family missing. Yikes! This book was non-stop action from the beginning. Some of this is a little "out there" to me and I kind of did an eyeroll while reading. But otherwise, I enjoyed this book and it definitely kept me guessing until the very end. You'll be like, "Whaaaatt?!!" when you get there.

There are some trigger warnings that come with this book but in order not to spoil anything, I won't disclose them.
This is exactly what to expect from a DJ Palmer book: brain whiplash from the many twists and lost time from staring into space after finishing the last page because your mind is blown!! Natalie and Michael were having marriage problems that Michael blamed on Natalies’ insomnia.. They took their two kids Addie and Bryce on vacation hoping to have some much needed fun. When Micheal left the hotel to pickup pizza for dinner his wife and kids had disappeared. Their suitcases were gone too! Micheal was distraught and didn’t know where to turn.  He had the hotel investigate and he couldn’t believe what they found. Many dark secrets were revealed that will leave you gasping in surprise!  Best thriller I read this year by far !