Cover Image: My Wife Is Missing

My Wife Is Missing

If you haven't read a D.J. Palmer novel yet, what are you doing?! Palmer's latest novel, My Wife is Missing, is the perfect suspenseful, thrill ride that you absolutely cannot figure out. Palmer captures your attention and you can't look away. A seemingly straight-forward who-done-it is nothing of what it seems.
Michael and Natalie have been married for years. College sweethearts, two kids, careers, life stresses  have taken a toll on their marriage. Natalie is suffering from insomnia and just isn't herself anymore. She is struggling to make it through her day and is becoming suspicious of everything Michael does. She knows deep down something isn't right. Slowly her worst nightmare begins unfolding. Natalie makes the hard but necessary decision to runaway with her kids in-tow. But for an insomniac who has a hard time thinking clearly, running away is harder than it seems.
I can't say enough good things about My Wife Is Missing. I read this book over the span of three days while working 12 hour shifts. I couldn't wait to get back to my book. I will always recommend anything by D.J. Palmer and will definitely be recommending My Wife is Missing to all my fellow reader friends. I will also be on the constant outlook for Palmer's new works. Special Thanks to NetGalley, D.J. Palmer, and St. Martin's Press for the advanced digital copy in exchange for my honest opinion. 5 stars!
What a rollercoaster ride!

Michael, his wife Natalie, and their two children embark on a much needed getaway to New York City. With their marriage on the rocks, Michael was thrilled to have the opportunity to spend time with his family. Natalie suffers from severe insomnia and he thought the vacation would do her good. Michael runs out to pick up a pizza. Upon his return he discovers that his wife, children and all their belongings are gone. He is left alone in their hotel room thinking the worst. What ensues is a thrilling cat and mouse game. Told in alternating chapters Natalie has good reason to be on the run from her husband.

As you fall further down the rabbit hole secrets are exposed that set in motion a series of jaw dropping revelations that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

I enjoyed reading this book very much! Multiple times over the course of reading this book I was sure I solved the mystery, only to be proved wrong by the incredible plot twists. This is one I’ll still be thinking about long after turning the final page.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this arc.
Wow just wow! Thanks NetGalley and thank you to the publisher for the opportunity to read this book early! This book grabbed me from the start and through out the whole book I thought I had the book figured out but oh was I wrong oh so wrong! Wow what a ride this one! Make sure to grab yourself a copy of this one because you will not be disappointed!
Fantastic

This is my second book from this author. And it captures your attention right from the start. It makes you think if what is happening is really happening to the character or not. Really loved the suspense that kept me interested from beginning to end. I appreciate the opportunity of the ARC I received via NetGalley to read this book.
Five Stars to My Wife Is Missing. A twisted story of how a mother will go to any lengths to protect her children all while questioning her own sanity along the way. Trying to sort what is the truth and what isn't. This book will take you on a roller coaster ride from start to finish and it has an ending you will never see coming! If you are looking for a book to read that you won't be able to put down, this suspense thriller is for you!  You won't regret picking this one up for yourself and a friend!
When Michael's wife Natalie disappears with their two children, he'll stop at nothing to find them, including uncovering the awful secrets of his past.

While I found that some of the action stretched the boundaries of believability, I really liked D. J. Palmer's newest, My Wife is Missing. He paints his characters in such a way that you're never quite sure who is telling the truth and who the "bad guy" is. It really did keep me guessing and Natalie's chapters were full of atmosphere--I felt every one of her breathless, sleepless moments. The major twists at the end (especially pertaining to the identity of the real killer/killers) weren't all that shocking, but this was definitely a good read for fans of domestic thrillers.

Special thanks to St. Martin's Press for allowing me to read this ARC through NetGalley in exchange for a review.
A twisty turny thrill ride down to the last chapter!  Palmer creatively paints the picture of a very disturbed family with one very tired mother. Who really killed years ago? And will that truth ever be discovered? This one keeps you guessing until the very end.  Thanks to NetGalley for the early read.
The story started mediocrely; however, it did end with a bang. The cheating husband that is suspected of killing his mistress is not something that has not been done. The pace of the story was slow for me. However, that ending was not what I saw coming. That was a different take that not many books usually go to. An ending like that is something I usually see in tv shows as opposed to in a book. The characters in the story are lacking and a lot of ways. I don't believe that they are truly developed. It's worth the read all the while.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for letting me read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I totally enjoyed this book by DJ Palmer as I do all of his. Fast paced and I had to keep reading "just one more page" until I finished it.
This was an exciting book that I could not put down! Definitely did not see the ending coming!

Michael and Natalie and their two children take a vacation to New York City. Once they check in to the hotel, Natalie sends Michael for pizza. When he returns to the hotel, he sees his sons teddy bear in the hallway. When he enters his room, Natalie and the kids are gone.

When viewing the security cameras it becomes apparent that Natalie left of her own accord. A detective from NYC shows up at Michael's house and insists on helping him find his wife.

Working together they get closer and closer to finding Natalie and the kids, and the reason she left.

Very intense and great read!
Fabulous story. I couldn’t put this book down. DJ Palmer does not disappoint. All the twists and turns keep you on the edge of your seat. What are you waiting for, start reading!
Unbelievable! If you love books that have more twists and turns than the best roller coaster, then this one is for you.  DJ Palmer is a phenomenal author but I would say this is his best novel to date.

Michael's wife has disappeared with his 2 children while on a getaway as a family in NYC. What follows is a book you can't put down!
Once again I am not disappointed and so happy to have received an ARC to read and review!! This book captivated me just as previous titles from D.J. Palmer have. Suspense starts from the beginning and keeps going until the end! Told from the POV of both husband and wife it gives it just the juicy twist to squeeze the lemon of mystery and suspense! When Michael Hart returns to the hotel room where are his wife and kids.... the cat and mouse game begins! Natalie Hart is a great character and you never know what to expect because she is always changing her thoughts and never stops until the end when all is revealed!! This is a read where you don't know who is good, who is bad, and who is really what they seem!! I didn't know what the ending was going to be and I usually create an idea and my mind had changed so many times I didn't know what ending I wanted!! Thank you Netgalley, St. Martin's Press, and D.J. Palmer for another dark, twisted, phenomenal read!!
Michael goes out to pick up a pizza for the family's first night in New York City and when he returns his wife and kids are gone. So is all their luggage. Of course Michael panics and begins the search.

This was my third D.J. Palmer book and while it was good and I enjoyed it, it just didn't quite hit the level of The New Husband  (5 stars) or The Perfect Daughter (4 stars). You really cannot go wrong with Palmer's works.

I think the biggest issue for me was that I  think Natalie was supposed to be "the victim", but I didn't feel any sympathy towards her.  Perhaps that says more about me than the book! Eek!

Either way My Wife is Missing was a good thriller with some decent twists. I am definitely looking forward to D.J. Palmer's next book.

Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
What a ride!!! This book keeps you guessing the entire time! You fall in love with the characters and start rooting for each of them. The suspense never ends! I highly recommend this book to one and all!!!
As always a wonderful book by a favorite author. It kept me interested throughout the whole book. Eagerly waiting for his next book.
4.5⭐️ This was my 3rd book by DJ Palmer and once again I greatly enjoyed the trip! Michael and Natalie’s life is full of turbulence and discord. On a family trip, Natalie and the kids disappear and send Michael into a tailspin to find and protect them. There were so many possibilities of which way the story was going to go. I was suspicious of everyone and their motives. I wasn’t sure who was lying, delusional or telling the truth. I enjoyed the two points of view and how the story meshed past and present. There were definitely twists and turns as well as running and chasing throughout. I always enjoy reading DJ Palmer books and this one definitely didn’t disappoint.

I received an advance copy and this review reflects my honest opinion.
First of all, I read this book in one day and had to finish it before sleeping. The plot revolves around a couple taking a quick New York City getaway with their son and daughter.  When Michael, the husband, returns to the hotel with pizza, his family is gone and video cameras show them leaving on their own in an Uber. The rest of the book is told from the point of view of Natalie,the wife and Michael, the husband. Secrets are revealed slowly and twists abound. You must read this book if you enjoy domestic thrillers!
Michael and Natalie have been having marital problems and so Michael decides to take his family to New York to reconnect with them.  Once there, Michael goes out for pizza but when he returns, his wife and children, and their luggage are missing.  This book is a series of twist and turns that take you on. a rollercoaster of a ride, and keeps you guessing until the very end.  This is the story of a wife who has been planning to run for some time and a husband who has secrets and guilt that he wants to remain buried, this book is a page turner that keeps you engrossed until the very end. Fantastic story.
Once again, DJ Palmer has written a well crafted thriller filled with twists and turns. It read through this book in a couple days since I couldn't put it down. I had a ton of different theories while reading the book and they kept changing as the book went on. This is definitely a 5 star book for me. Thank you Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for this advanced readers copy.