Cover Image: My Wife Is Missing

My Wife Is Missing

Thank you @netgalley and St. Martin’s Press for a copy of this arc in exchange for my honest review.

I think I’ve found my recent auto-buy author! This book was everything and more. At first, I thought the direction of the book was going the same way as Gone Girl and I rolled my eyes just thinking about it. But as soon as I thought that, it took a whole different turn. I was sucked in from the beginning. The characters were both likable and unlikable. It depends on the situations that arise that had me going back and forth on that. The pacing was right on point. Not too fast and not too slow. The plot was done perfectly to me. Everything I thought I knew what was what, I was wrong and boy does I like to be wrong and surprised when trying to put the pieces together. The ending wrapped everything up so no loose strings. I was blown away by all the revelations at the end and still can’t wrap my mind around how good this book was. All in all, I gave this one ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was my first 5-star read year.
You can pretty much depend on any read from DJ Palmer being enjoyable. While this wasn’t my favorite of his books, it was still a good read. I enjoyed the back and forth between Michael and Natalie. It does a good job of creating doubt on both sides, so you’re not really sure who to trust. I think the twist will surprise a lot of the readers, even if not every part of the finale. Overall, DJ Palmer puts out consistently high-quality writing that will leave you anxious to read his next book.
This is the 3rd novel by D.J. Palmer that I’ve read and it did not disappoint! Rich, flawed, believable characters drive a story of infidelity, a couple on the brink, and secrets from the past that refuse to stay hidden. Just when you think you’ve figured it out, the plot twist! It’s a wild ride with an ending you won’t see coming! A gem, perfect for fans of Gillian Flynn or Alice Feeney.
This was your classic domestic thriller but I really enjoyed it.

One day, on a trip to New York City, Michael’s wife and two children go missing. The story switches back and forth between Michael and his wife Natalie’s POV. A cat and mouse chase if you will.

All in all this was a fun read. Kept me interested from the beginning. A lot of twists, turns and secrets. You definitely think you have it all figured out and you don’t. Good ending too!

Thank you to NetGalley and St Martin’s Press for the digital ARC of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.
Thank You St. Martin Press for this eARC!

Mini Review
My Wife Is Missing by D.J. Palmer

This is my second book by Palmer and let me tell you, he is a storyteller like no other.
If you love books that you sit down and devour in one sitting then he's your author.

This is an addictive read that pulled me in from the very start.
An engrossing thriller that had me on the edge of my seat as the tension continues to escalate throughout the whole read.
An explosive story with intriguing characters who you have no clue which was is what!
A whirlwind of a book in the best way possible.
Loved it and can't wait to read more of Palmer's work.
If you enjoyed The Perfect Daughter.... Wait till you read this one! Perfection!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I wasn't a fan of My Wife Is Missing even though I normally enjoy this author's work.

In the beginning I thought this might be very good, but I quickly came to dislike both of the main characters. About midway through, the book started to drag, and by the time I finished the book I was over it. I only finished reading to find out what happened in the end.
Outstanding book! I love books with twists that make sense and D J Palmer is great at this. The story about a wife who runs away, husband searching and all the circumstances that surround this event pulls you in from the start. I found the characters intriguing and well developed. Just as you thought you had part of the story figured out something would come out and make you go hummmm. At the end it all makes sense and isn't finished by throwing something out of left field in there. Any book by DJ Palmer is like this.
Huge Thank You to St. Martin’s Press and Net Galley for allowing an early read of this next D.J. Palmer thriller! And an even bigger thank you to D.J. Palmer for being willing to share this one!

The action starts early in this one and doesn’t end. Page after page leads to twist after twist. I don’t want to give away any spoilers so I will be purposefully vague here.

I think at various points in the book, I wanted it to be Natalie…. Sometimes I wanted it to be Michael…. I always wanted the kids to be safe. In the end, I was surprised by all of the twists and turns of the final chapters. I definitely didn’t see it coming.

This one pulls you in and keeps you hooked. The writing style of this one reads a lot like a chapter by chapter weekly newspaper book where there’s a cliffhanger to finish each chapter. Or better yet, and more relevant to today, picture your favorite streaming TV show that sometimes releases one episode a week, and sometimes gives you a few at a time. However you watch it, you either need to binge it, or wait for all episodes to be released or you will drive yourself crazy with anticipation. This book, in that context is definitely binge worthy! I only put it down for prior commitments!
Here is yet another twisty, exciting, non-stop thriller by D.J. Palmer! I loved this author's other books so I was so excited to be gifted an early copy of My Wife Is Missing and it did NOT disappoint! A few times I thought I had figured out what was really going on, but every single time I was wrong and left reading chapter after chapter to see what was going to happen next. Be prepared to stay up late with this one :) Thank you so much to the publisher, author, and netgalley for an early copy of this wonderful book!
This was a fun, twisty and fast paced read that kept me on my toes! A great read to immerse yourself in and keep you guessing. Thank you for this!
If you want to be taken on a wild ride of “who did it, whose story to trust, who is telling the truth, and if someone is telling the truth what truths aren’t they telling” along with other twists and turn with a mystery - then read “My Wife is Missing” by DJ Palmer.

I’m not a fan of unreliable characters and while this book had them, Mr. Palmer managed to make the unreliability work for me. Is Nat’s lack of sleep playing tricks upon what she’s thinking or seeing? Why is Michael hiding something? Why is a NYC cop helping an investigation out of his jurisdiction? Who and what to trust … and over time things are exposed to the reader, simply reminding one of the layers of an onion where things are hidden awaiting discovery.

The beginning of this book had a pacing issue for me, but most of that was setting things up and getting the ducks in a row. I wasn’t too pleased by the ending - in my opinion Nat and Michael have a lot of work to do regarding trust and their general underlying relationship - but it didn’t cloud my opinion of the entire book. I did like the fact that the author explained why wiretapping wouldn’t work; a minor scene, but it was wonderful to see it not being used and why. I look forward to reading another book by this author (I've previously read another book by Mr. Palmer) as so far they've all been enjoyable reads.
I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I am actually a huge fand of D.J. Palmer and was excited to read this one.

When this one first started, my heart was pounding so fast when Michael returned to the hotel.  I was flying through the beginning of this story.  This did eventually slow down though and started to take a few twists and turns that I just did not connect with.  This was also set up three different narratives: current Michael and Natalie and also Natalie before she disappeared.  I just found some sections very drawn out.  I was skimming some of the dialogues at times as I did want to know how everything would unfold.

I was just not a fan of everything that happened with this one and the directions it took.  It was still a fun read, just not my favorite.
This book was sent to me electronically by Netgalley for review..  This is a story of murder.  There are so many red herrings in this story...It is one that is difficult to put down...the main characters, the wife and the husband, don't trust each other.  There are surprises...good police and not so good...old murders...new ones...family dynamics...little children not understanding...this is one that I will remember...a good mystery.
A good page-turner with a disappointing end. Michael and Natalie Hart go to NYC for a vacation with their two young children. Michael goes out to pick up pizza and returns to find his wife & kids missing. Mike begins searching for his wife and the reader is left wondering if Natalie is running away from him for a reason or because she is delusional because of her insomnia. Told from both the husband's and wife's perspective. The reader is kept guessing until the end. 3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4 because of the ending.
This wasn't my favorite DJ Palmer book. I didn't connect to the characters like I have in previous books. It also had a lot of slow parts in the middle that seemed to be on repeat. However, it had great potential and I enjoyed the main story! I'll definitely keep reading D.J. Palmer books. Always a one click for me.

Thank you to NetGalley, D.J. Palmer and St.Martin's Press
I LOVED THIS! I was legit on the edge of my seat for this entire book and found the writing so easy to follow along with. Looking back, I saw some clues but would never have guessed the ending. If you like mystery and suspenseful reads with family drama, betrayal and secrets, DEFINITELY pick this one up!

Thank you St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for this ARC. Pub date: 5/10/22
Review of Uncorrected Digital Galley

A family vacation to New York City turns into a frantic search when Michael Hart’s wife, Natalie, and his two children, Addison and Bryce, vanish from the hotel. Michael is frantic, desperate to find his wife and children; a frenzied search throughout the hotel and its restaurants, as well as a check-in with the valet and concierge, proves fruitless. Calls to his wife’s phone go unanswered.

Could his family possibly be the victims of a kidnapping?

But both Natalie and Michael are keeping secrets, and it’s those very secrets that threaten to destroy them both.

=========

Taking place in both the present and the past, the story unfolds alternately from the viewpoints of Michael and Natalie. The slow revelation of the backstory, so important to the events taking place in the present, keeps the suspense building while the underlying tension helps to pull the reader into the telling of the tale.

Believable, nuanced characters, a twisty, compelling plot, the clever use of the effects of prolonged insomnia, and a fast pace all combine to tell a story of love and family, of deception, of secrets and lies. The pulse-pounding, heart-stopping moments will keep readers glued to the page until the explosive denouement they simply won’t see coming.

Highly recommended . . . don’t miss this one.

I received a free copy of this eBook from St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley
#MyWifeIsMissing #NetGalley
D.J. Palmer is one of my favorite authors, so of course I was excited to read My Wife Is Missing. His books are always 5-star reads for me, and this one was no different. This novel grabbed me from the first page, and it still hasn't let me go. My Wife Is Missing is full of twists and turns, and I didn't see the ending coming at all. I liked that the story was told from two different perspectives and that I was never quite sure who to believe. I highly recommend this incredible thriller...thanks to NetGalley,  D.J. Palmer, and St. Martin's Press for giving the opportunity to read and review it. : )
WOW! That's all I have to say.  This book captivated me from the first page and kept me engaged with all the twists and turns. I felt like I was in the novel working on the case with the detectives.
DJ Palmer has become a go to author for me and he did a great job ratcheting up the suspense right from the start.  He pulls you in one direction as you root for wife and their two children as she tries to escape her husband.
She suspects him of cheating and knows he is lying to her. Fearfully, she takes the children and is on the run from him as she discovers secrets from his past. The husband is desperately trying to find her but is it out of love or something else? I don’t want to reveal too much about the plot but it is definitely a fast read and the author throws enough curves to keep you guessing. #MyWifeIsMissing #DJPalmer #NetGalley