Cover Image: My Wife Is Missing

My Wife Is Missing

One of the most terrifying scenarios for any parent would have to be to fear for the safety of their child, and that is exactly the position that Natalie is in in D.J. Palmer’s latest, My Wife is Missing.

Natalie has discovered that her husband, Michael, had an affair. She has witnessed him turn violent several times, and is petrified for the safety of her children if she confronts him. Instead, Natalie decides to take their two young children and run, and when she is safely hidden away, file for divorce. However, her plan doesn’t go as smoothly as she hoped, and Michael is working to hunt her down.

On the other hand, Michael is worried sick about his children. He knows that Natalie is struggling from the effects of significant, long term insomnia, to the point that she has been hallucinating. When his family goes missing, he is desperate to find them, as he fears what will happen as Natalie’s insomnia causes her to be increasingly delusional.

I’ve heard that there are 3 version of every event - yours, mine, and what actually happened. My Wife is Missing leaves the reader continuously questioning whose version of events is accurate. Is Natalie reliable as a narrator, or is she paranoid? Is Michael a violent man, or the victim of his wife’s delusions brought on by her insomnia? As the tale unfolds and we learn more about each character, we are caught up in an increasingly complex web of events that propel us forward to a dramatic conclusion.

My Wife is Missing has elements of mystery, drama, psychological thrillers, and a parents worst nightmare. Don’t miss out on this one!! Coming to bookshelves near you May 10, 2022, but available for pre-order already! Thank you to D.J. Palmer, St. Martin’s Press, and NetGalley for the early copy!
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this fast-paced thriller that I read in one sitting. My Wife is Missing takes us on a wild ride with Natalie, who is on the run from her husband, and Michael, her husband who will not rest until he finds his wife and their children.

What prompted Natalie to plan her escape from her marriage, leaving her life as far behind her as she possibly can? Is her battle with insomnia causing her to be delusional, or is her husband really an adulterer and a murderer? As the story unfolds, you may find yourself second guessing everything that you thought you knew...
I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review

I loved this one. Very fast paced, had me turning pages as I tore through it – I had to see how it would end.  The characters were well rounded and the narrative felt believable. Gave me chills. Solid five  Def my favorite of her books
Wow, this book kept me guessing the whole way through. I was sure I had it figured out halfway through and then D.J. threw some more twists in that I didn't expect. I was able to read it early through Netgalley as part of the author's Facebook group. I can't wait to buy a physical copy next year and share it with my co-worker. I have never been disappointed by his books and this is definitely worth 5 stars.
Wow! This was a great great read!!  Total roller coaster of emotions from shock and suspense to flat out being speechless.  Loved the storyline and the author did a brilliant job with execution!  Just did NOT see that coming so many times in the book.  Highly recommend. Big 5 stars from me.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book
D.J. Palmer always writes a fantastic thriller, but his latest, is especially good!  I literally could not put this book down from the start until the end and loved every single page.  The plot twists and turns will keep you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out the clues along the way.  HIGHLY recommend!
Thank you to net galley for the arc in exchange for an honest review.
Holy Cow! What an amazing ride.  I absolutely loved this book.  I had an inkling about what was going on as the story progressed but I was blown away by the twist(s) at the end! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the advanced copy.  I look forward to recommending this book!
This book will take you on quite an unexpected journey. It is true just because something seems to be true it isn’t always as it seems. What do you do when you go on a family vacation go out to pick up pizza only to return to find your wife and kids missing? There is always more to the story. When life long secrets are uncovered it will leave you not sure what will happen next.
This book will keep you guessing and when you think you have it all figured out you will be shocked to find out the pieces of the story fit together differently.
Thank you Netgalley for complimentary copy.
Enjoyed this book a great deal.
The first part of the book was a 2.5 - 3 star read.  It didn't grab me but I was interested.  The last third turned it into a 4.5 star book.  Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book
When I first started reading My Wife is Missing , I thought this was another typical story and surprised that DJ Palmer would write a story like this like so many others.  Boy was I wrong.  The plot twists, one after another blew me away.   DJ Palmer never disappoints.  Put this on the big scene, it would make a great movie.
“The thing about guilt is no matter how fast you go, you can’t outrun it.”

Michael and Natalie have hit a crossroads in their marriage in that trust has been lost and fear has become a new norm. Natalie has allowed her speculations about her husband’s infidelity take over her ever waking moment and now it has bled into sleepless nights. The insomnia she suffers from has become “an insidious beast, a predator of the mind.” She knows she must do something to take back her life and protect her family, but how far is she willing to go…

Michael has high hopes this family vacation to NYC will be just what Natalie needs to see that they can work past her delusions brought on by her insomnia. But when he returns to their hotel room finding it empty of his wife and children, how will he explain to the authorities his wife is missing without uncovering a long-kept secret…

Wowza! I mean WOWZA! If you are new to D.J. Palmer’s mind-blowing twisty thrillers, welcome to your newest addiction! This reader loved every heart stopping, nail biting, did not see that ending coming minute! 5+ Stars!!

**I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. **
Michael takes his family to New York City for a vacation. He drops them off at the hotel and goes to pick up dinner but when he returns to the hotel his wife and kids are gone. Natalie, his wife, has been suffering from insomnia so bad that she wonders if she is going crazy. She has moments when she can't tell reality from hallucinations but knows she needs to get her children and herself somewhere safe.
My Wife is Missing is a thrilling tale of betrayal and secrets. It is fast paced and a super quick read because you do not want to put the book down. The story quickly reveals all the characters secrets, each one a bit more shocking then the rest. You start to suspect that no one is being truthful about anything.
I loved this story of intrigue as you try to figure who did what to whom. DJ Palmer has written another spectacular story and you should definitely pick this one up.
Thanks to Netgalley St Martin's Press for the advanced copy of the book. The opinions are my own.
Wow, my Wife is Missing is a psychological thriller not to miss.  An unputdownable story so twisted, you’ll stay up into the night reading.  I felt an immediate connection and sympathy towards the characters and was holding my breath while the story played out. , When an unexpected twist occurred towards the ending, I quickly realized I couldn’t trust my own judgment and questioned everything I read.  The best stories are the ones that leave you with your mouth gaping open after the final page. This is one of those rare examples! 5 stars!
My Wife is Missing by DJ Palmer was an heart pounding, edge of your seat ride start to finish! When Michael’s wife disappears with his children, he will do anything to find them. Twists and turns will keep your head spinning all the way to the shocking end. Boy, I did not see that one coming!

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
DJ  Palmer never disappoints and this story was no exception.  It grabbed me in from the very beginning and kept my adrenaline going until the end. And oh my goodness, how I thought the story would play out, well it wasn’t even close. So I highly recommend this book. Great job DJ Palmer.  And Thank you for the ARC.
My Wife is Missing is definitely a page tuner with plots and twists to keep you guessing.  I would recommend this book to those who like to read suspense novels.
D.J. Palmer is back with his latest thrill ride, My Wife is Missing, and what a ride it is! I was hooked from page one and couldn’t stop reading it. D.J. Palmer has this magnificent way of pulling you right in and taking you on a crazy journey to figure out the pieces of his mysteries. Right up until the very end! Like his prior novels the story is told through multiple POV and timeframes. Having you question who is telling the truth, who is lying, and what is actually happening. I was so excited to receive this ARC and loved every minute of my reading experience! Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC!
I was lucky to receive an advance copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review and opinion.  I absolutely was beyond excited to receive this as I absolutely love D.J. Palmer and have loved everything they've written.  This book was adrenaline-filled from beginning to end. This is an author who has very quickly become a favorite of mine, and I absolutely loved this latest book.  Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this early.
#MyWifeIsMissing #NetGalley
Fantastic book.
Michael Hart discovers that his wife and two young children have gone missing from their NYC hotel room while on vacation. He fears they have kidnapped, but he doesn't know that Natalie has left willingly and has been planning to do so for some time. The action explodes in the first chapter and alternates between present day and the days before Natalie ran.
This is my third book from this author and OMG I loved it very much. I didn't expect that ending. Wow. Creative writing is shown in the book.
Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for giving me an advanced copy of this book.
I have always been a big fan of D.J. Palmer. With each new book, I think he outdid himself and then he does it again! This book left me speechless! Talk about an edge of your seat page turner! I thought I had it figured out towards the end, but boy was I wrong!! Michael, Natalie and their 2 young kids arrive at their vacation destination hotel. When Michael gets back with dinner, his wife and kids are nowhere to be found. The only clue Michael sees is his son's teddy bear on the ground outside their hotel room, which tells him something is very wrong. You will not want to put this down! I'm grateful to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for an advanced copy of this amazing book!!