Cover Image: From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up tells Noell's story in lieu of building her home from ground up. I found this very interesting to read and of course learning lessons from it
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for their next read to curl up to.
This was a surprisingly quick read, one I completed in just a couple hours. And how fun that Jett cowrote this with Melissa Ferguson--an author I really enjoy and whose inspy-fic books I am always on the lookout for! (If you haven't checked out The Cul-de-Sac War or Meet Me in the Margins, may I suggest you do so right meow? :D #ifyouknowyouknow)

Jett has _quite_ a life story, and her journey is frankly what stood out to me the most in the read. I particularly appreciated that she made a point of reading Scripture for herself and seeing with her own eyes what authentic Christianity really is...and how her growing-up years unfortunately were wildly different. Heartbreaking.

Her family's journey to homeownership, building their own home, and the incorporation of social media was also fascinating. The struggles were, and are, very real, and her blunt honesty was refreshing--a view behind the curtain, as it were, reminding me that "not all that glitters is gold" (because, yes, I have to insert a Tolkien quote in everything). :) What we see on social media is carefully curated and not always reality.

I will note, there was some talk of "being one's best self"--a phrase I'll admit I'm not wild about. But that aside, the book was informative, inspirational, and encouraging, and I'd revisit it down the line.

4/5 stars.

I received an eARC of the book from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
I love watching the Jett’s on TikTok and when I found out she wrote a book I got excited. My husband and I have always wanted to build a house but we had no idea how much love and patience it took. This book has given me courage and excitement to have a little faith and just put our heart into whatever projects we do.
This book has some amazing ideas and tips. I am not a great lover of sharing my life publicly on social media, so couldn't engage with the practical encouragement to do so.
One part memoir, one part how-to manual, Noell Jett brings us an honest and intimate look into her life journey, and how she became a social media maven. A really compelling and inspiring read!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an opportunity to read an advance copy!
This book is a memoir by a Instagram designer.  It also includes advice on how to start an Instagram page.  I read this book after I read Designed to Last which was another similar memoir.  From the Ground Up was not as good of a book.  The writing was not great and the story did not really stick together for me.  If you are already a follower of Jett on social media it might be of interest, though.  It would have been helped with having photos of Jett's house and designs.
I received a complementary copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this nonfiction book about building a home. But it was so much more than that. On the whole it was about never giving up. And working for what you want.