Cover Image: All I Want For Christmas is the Boy I Can't Have

All I Want For Christmas is the Boy I Can't Have

Book 3 in an interconnected series of contemporary young adult romance novels with a Christmas theme. Each novel highlights the importance of understanding yourself when entering a relationship, having a supportive circle of people in your life, and that true love is bringing out the best in each partner.

High schooler Isla loves love - and she's made a business out of it too. She and her mom created a  bridal and wedding company after her dad took off and the two have built it into a success over the years. Their future seems secured when they are hired by a high-society bride for a million dollar wedding. When Isla meets the bride's younger brother, August, she knows she's found her own true love. But August is in another league with an executive legal career mapped out for him by his father. As they spend time together, both Isla and August discover their strong bond. But is the bond strong enough for August to speak up for a future he can design for himself. Highly recommended for ages 12 and up.
I really love Christmas romcoms and this one definitely did not disappoint. I am looking forward to reading more Chelsea Bobulski!
Christmas rom-com with a wedding and a twist. It has an interesting plot but the main character wasn't as well developed as the secondary character. Isla, a teenage girl, falls for a boy who is already taken. It  is written appropriately for teenage love. But as with the other books in this series, cursing is an unnecessary element.
I am a sucker anything Christmas themed and romance. The description made me really want to read this book. I just couldn't get into this book. It is written great from the chapters I've read but just not my cup of tea. Thanks so much to NetGalley and Wise Wolf Books for the ARC!
Loved this book so much! I read all of these that were offered and like everyone of them. I did not like this one as much as the first, but it will still a solid and super cute read. Great Christmas book!
I enjoyed this book it was a cute romance and holiday book. I think if I was younger it would feel relatable and realistic. The writing was good and I felt 5he character development was great.
I really loved the plot of this book, and it's literally the perfect book to read during Christmas time. I would totally read this book again during next Christmas.
2.5 stars rounded up. A sweet teenage romance that's just missed the extra spark for me.

What I Liked: As a romcom lover, I loved all the little references to old movies sprinkled throughout the book. August is an adorable love interest, and him and Isla had really good chemistry between the two of them.

What I Didn't Like: Isla's characterization was a bit weak for me, and I don't know if I totally bought a teenager who would sell out her whole life to help with her parent's business - nor did I buy that they were trying to plan a multi-thousand dollar wedding in SIX WEEKS. Her moment of weakness that set up the third act conflict also didn't feel super believable, which in turn made the last third of the book feel super forced, and the resolution came way too quickly. I also didn't love that the whole premise of the book revolved around Sophie, a really one-dimensional female character with no redeeming qualities, so we had no choice but to root for Isla to be the chosen one.

On the whole, if you want a cute, clean romance, you could do worse than this one. Unfortunately, having read the other books by this author, this one just missed the mark for me.
Great follow up and catch up with these characters.  Cute snd satisfying.  Love this series!!  Disney plus for sure
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of All I Want For Christmas is the Boy I Can't Have in exchange for an honest review!

I've really been enjoying this series! Each installment is unique, and focuses on different characters while still relating back to and connecting to the previous stories. I think the author has done a great job of creating stories that fit well together as a series but can be read and enjoyed on their own. I loved the dynamic between Isla and August, and they are my favourite couple so far in the All I Want For Christmas series. I loved getting a behind the scenes look at being a wedding planner. I found these moments in the book to be very exciting, as I've always been curious as to what exactly goes in to creating and preparing for someone's special day. I also enjoyed how both of the characters enjoyed rom-coms, staying up until late hours of the night to discuss and watch them together. I thought the relationship between these two was very relatable, and I enjoyed following their love story.

I would definitely recommend this book to any YA fan who loves romance novels and who enjoys a quick read! I can't wait to read the next one.
This book was absolutely adorable and everything I wanted in a Christmas book! It was such a fun read and I can't wait to check out the other books in the series! (Also, I was late reading this, but it's awesome even when it's not the holiday season!)
Isla is a girl in love with love. August is a boy wanting to be himself without disappointing his family. They have the best meet cute ever!

These two bring out the best in each other and it was great to see how not only their relationship with each other grew but also how their other relationships changed as well.

I also love seeing others from previous books pop up in this one!
2,5
Thank NetGalley for providing me with an electronic arc for me to review.
First things first, I do not usually read romcoms but when I read the synopsis I was intrigued. Also, I have not read the other works but I feel it can perfectly be read as a stand-alone. Unfortunately, it wasn't my cup of tea, I really wanted to enjoy it and I was really in the mood of reading a romantic story but I felt the story was just very blank. I didn't love the main couple, the banter was nice but I was just waiting for August to break up with his current girlfriend which was, in my opinion, the whole problem with the relationship. Like, the synopsis made it out to be star-crossed lovers/forbidden romance, can't be together, etc, but their entire family just looks at them and be like 'oh well they like each other, nice'. Also, I hate when they do like 'oh just go and follow your dreams f*ck everything else when there are real consequences and he's given no real way on how to deal with them.
Despite all that, it's not a bad book, it was just average, it did nothing particularly great, the story is faced-paced and entertaining.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Winter is my favorite season, I love the cold, I love Christmas lights, but Christmas isn’t usually my favorite holiday. However, This book was so CUTE! I loved every minute of it and it actually has me looking forward to Christmas this year.

I loved the characters, the town, the wedding planning business aspect, all of it!

This is a light, sweet, and even funny read. Usually I go for murder/mystery/thriller and that can get heavy after a while so this was the perfect pick me up book! Now I’m going to go read the other books by this author!

I truly enjoyed this book, it was a great read.

*A special thank you to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review*
This must be the favourite of the bunch, but All I Want for Christmas is the Boy I Can’t Have was the perfect amount of romantic angst, miscommunication and unrequited love.

August Harker was the perfect kind of guy for a girl who’s as in love with love as Isla Riddle. We’ve already been introduced to Isla from book 2 and I definitely liked her outlook on love. Full of references to the best romantic comedies of the last few decades, this was an ode to love and the stories that bring people together.

I love the idea of a Christmas wedding, and what’s more romantic of a backdrop to set this story to? Isla and her mother have a wedding planning business and it was so much fun seeing their plans for August’s sister’s wedding.

But more importantly, the romance was cute even though it frustrated me at the same time. August was kind, considerate and a great friend. The instant love feel at first was a bit unrealistic as Isla just fell for him immediately, but their interactions over time sold me on their connection and by the end I just wanted the happily ever after for them.

If you want a cute winter read, with admittedly less focus on Christmas than just a winter romance, this is the one!
I had mixed feelings about this book, but I mostly liked it? Isla's kind of a man stealer (mind you, she's not stealing men from anyone that serious, but still), August's girlfriend is kind of awful, and August himself really needs to grow a backbone. However, as far as Christmas stories go, it's... not half bad? I don't know. Maybe I just wanted more likeable characters.
Another delightful title in the All I Want for Christmas series.
This one takes the character of Isla from the previous title and has her falling for rich boy, August Harker.
They meet when August accompanies his sister to her meeting with Isla and her mom for wedding planning services.

Definitely a fun romance title for the holidays. While you can read it as a stand-alone, it is nice to have already met some of the characters in the previous title.
Thank you to Wise Wolf Books and NetGalley for the e-ARC!

I did enjoy this book, but there were a few things I wasn’t expecting going into the third instalment of this series, most notably that it is much less Christmasy as the first two books in the series, which was all right but not what I was expecting. We also had two new main characters for this book, Isla and August. Like the previous two instalments, I enjoyed the relationship between the two and I liked how they were brought together by planning for his older sisters wedding (I love weddings). I liked how she pushed him to be who he really wanted to be and not just go along with the life that others had planned for him. I like romances where the two people bring out the best in each other. Overall, i think this was a good romance but not a holiday centred one.
Plot:
Isla Riddle has been obsessed with True Love for as long as she can remember. Books, TV, movies-if it's a story about star-crossed lovers, ill-fated love, or love conquering all, Isla has read it, seen it, and talked nonstop about it. She spend her life helping her mom build up Riddle's Bridal Boutique and Wedding Planning. They started it together after her dad left town and they've just received their biggest break yet: a high society bride with a million-dollar budget.

August Harker doesn't have to think much about his life as it's been planned for him. He has the parent-approved heiress girlfriend, the 4.0 GPA at an elite college preparatory school, and over a dozen lacrosse and debate team trophies. He has no reason to think his life won't turn out just like his dad's. He finds himself tagging along as his older sister prepares to walk down the aisle.

Thoughts:
This is the third book in the series. I hate to say it but I didn't love it like the other two. The second book was the strongest for sure. This one didn't have the Christmasy feel that the previous books had. We see some of the characters from the last 2 books but only on the phone.

It had some good banter. I loved that they watched RomComs together while talking on the phone. That was very cute. Other than those times in the book I didn't feel a huge connection between the two. It also felt icky to me because it was definitely cheating. To me the relationship felt very rushed. The end of the book could have had a lot more to it. The other books I struggled to put down and this one I put down a few times. I liked it. I don't regret reading it. I will definitely read the fourth book.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC! ❤
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the arc of All I Want For Christmas is the Boy I Can't Have by Chelsea Bobulski.

This third installment in Bobulski's "All I Want for Christmas" series follows Isla and August. Continuing from the friends in "All I Want for Christmas is the Girl in Charge" we get to see Evelyn, Beckett, and Savannah again though it is a year later and they are not a large part of the book but it is nice to have that continuity of characters and already have been introduced to romantic Isla in the previous book.

Isla and her mother run a wedding planning company in Christmas, Virginia and when Kathleen Harker comes in with her mother, father, and younger brother, August, looking to plan a wedding for Christmas which is six weeks away they are the only ones who say it can be done. Instead of begging off of any wedding planning duties August keeps showing up to these appointments making Isla fall deeper in love with him each time.

I enjoyed the way that this book read as well, more like a Nora Roberts than the previous book but again it felt like it fit the storyline since Isla and August are obsessed with romantic comedies. I felt like the story progressed both as expected but also in a way that was enjoyable to read about. The happily ever after ending is what it is all about.

Overall 3.5 stars.