Cover Image: Life Flight

Life Flight

Penny Carlton and FBI special agent Holten Satterfield have been on a few dates, but have secrets they don’t want to share. She is the daughter of a famous actress and served time in a juvenile detention center. Holt’s sister is in prison for murdering her husband. If their relationship is to move to the next level, they’ll need to be honest.

As an EMS helicopter pilot, Penny is used to high-stress situations, but being forced to land on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient tests her skills and nerve to the limit. In the ensuing days, Penny finds herself under attack by an escaped serial killer. When news reaches Holt, he comes to her rescue. It will take all he and Penny have to catch a killer—before he catches one of them.

Not corny like a lot of Christian fiction; it’s just fiction without all the sex and swearing. Life Flight was a high-octane suspense page turner loaded with close calls and a sweet romance. Some of the writing was contrived, however, and the word choices were sometimes inappropriate. For example, Penny kept using “hurl,” an odd choice for her character. I supplemented the book with audio, which I thought was robotically narrated. The male voices were terrible. This was my first book by Lynette Eason… I’ll check out the next book in the series. 4 stars.
EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is used to dangerous situations, but a forced landing on the side of a mountain in a raging storm with a critically injured patient aboard her bird takes danger into the life-threatening realm. Add in an escaped serial killer in the area she lands the chopper, and the suspense goes off the charts.

FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield is shocked to learn that his ex-girlfriend Penny is the pilot of the downed chopper. He's searching for the escapee, having been the man who put him in prison in the first place but the need to find him becomes more urgent when the man puts Penny firmly in his sights. As Penny and Holt work together, can they find the killer whose obsession has already led to the deaths of several women when Penny becomes the next object of his "affection"?

I love Lynette Eason's books - always do. Life Flight begins a new series - Extreme Measures - featuring women who work in heroic fields, like EMS. The suspense is nail-biting and the romance is very believable. Neither Holt or Penny is looking for a relationship, but they both felt led to one another. Penny's famous actress mother, Geneva Queen, adds another component to the story - keeping Penny in the forefront of the news cycle when all she wants is to remain hidden from the killer's eyes.

Life Flight is for readers who are romantic suspense addicts like I am. I can't get enough of the genre, and Ms. Eason writes some of the best I've read. I highly recommend and look forward to book 2, Crossfire, coming out in August 2022.
This book was incredible! It was such a suspenseful story with a serial killer on the loose and landing helicopters in a storm to rescue people, a page turner for sure! I hope the next book in the series is as great as this one turned out to be. Another great read from Lynette Eason.
This was my favorite read so far this year. The amount of suspense completely kept me on the edge of my seat. From the crash, to the serial killer, to the other twists and turns, I could not put this book down. I loved pennys tenacity and courage and I loved holts bravery and determination. I especially loved them together. I have read all of Lynette Easons books and this one is in my top two.

I appreciate that she writes in religion subtle way and it doesn’t over power the plot.

I can’t wait for the next book in this series
DNF            3-4 stars as far as being well written and compelling. However, due to my reasons mentioned below, content wise it’s a 1 and a half to 2 stars.

First off let me state, that my DNF is not for a lack of interest, this book is in fact very well written. My DNF is due to the intensity of this book. I made it almost half way through the book which was gripping, without being overly dark. That is, until chapter 14 where it is found out something the serial killer was doing. This chapter is very disturbing I would say, and it almost immediately put me in mind of a “Criminal Minds” episode. (Which I am currently not watching for the same reasons) I don’t like things that prey on my mind with such dark topics. Before this chapter, it was almost edge of your seat without being disturbing. In fact before the above mentioned chapter I would have said this was Lynette Eason’s best book. I’m not saying my DNF will be forever, perhaps at some point I will finish it, but I need to follow my conscience on this one which means I need to be done. My many thanks to Netgalley, the Author, and Publisher for the Arc of this book. For a full content review for those who would like to check this book out, I would recommend reading Lindsey’s from the blog “Books for Christian Girls” review, As she gives a full overview of what to expect. Until next time, God Bless!
Life Flight by Lynette Eason is an absolutely marvellous contemporary Christian crime thriller and the first book in the Extreme Measures series. I cannot wait for the subsequent books.
The action is fast paced and more than a little creepy as we witness the hunt for an escaped death row inmate. There are many twists and turns. Twisted lives are strangely magnetised and drawn towards a serial killer as copycat crimes begin to appear.
The characters are all well drawn and realistic. The leading lady was brave and gutsy. There were creepy characters who made your blood run cold.
There was a wonderful, caring camaraderie amongst the emergency services team. They never hesitated to put their lives on the line.
We see the importance of trusting God. We can trust His leading even when we cannot see the way.
Life Flight was a totally thrilling and gripping read. Roll on book two!
I received a free copy via Net Galley. A favourable review was not required. All opinions are my own
Life Flight is an action-packed and gripping suspense novel. It is fast paced and has good tracking. For me, it was hard to relate to the main characters. They were well written and likable, but I felt like I was watching instead of participating.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. These thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Life Flight is an action-packed and gripping suspense novel, featuring an eerily creepy serial killer story line that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I wasn't particularly fond of getting inside the mind of a serial killer by means of the investigation, fixation, and POV. However, as disturbing as it was, it successfully heightened the tension and made me anxious for the MCs to figure it all out as they were racing against the clock.

My biggest struggle in this book is that I didn't fully connect with the main characters or the romance. Holt and Penny are both likeable characters, but sometimes their actions or words would rub me the wrong way - not enough to dislike them, but I didn't click with them. For Holt, it was the hypocritical manner he pushed Penny to reveal her past yet withheld his own. For Penny, it something here and there, but the biggest thing was the presumptuous nature she handled the first suspect. As for the romance, it lacked chemistry for me and subsequently felt muted overall.

All in all, Life Flight is an engaging, high-stakes suspense novel, and a decent read.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I have a thing about helicopters, and yes, I know that’s weird. So when I read about Eason’s new book I wasn’t sure about it.

I’m happy to report that I was wrong to doubt her! Exciting from start to finish!
Life Flight is book 1 in the Extreme Measures series by Lynette Eason. So far there are only two books in the series, but hopefully, there will be more to follow.

“EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is used to high-stress situations, but being forced to land on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient—and a serial killer on the loose—tests her skills and her nerve to the limit. She survives with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield’s help. But she’s not out of the woods yet.” (Editorial review – Amazon.com)

This was a book I could not put down! Each time the crisis seemed to be reaching a resolution, another one arrived, more extreme than the one before.  One of Ms Eason’s best!

If you enjoy romantic suspense stories with a clean read, you will enjoy this book!

Warning! Don’t start reading late at night if you plan on sleeping.
Best-selling romantic suspense author Lynette Eason with Life Flight, the first of a new series, Extreme Measures, more high octane adventure with an emotional heart. It begins in a full tilt high-pressure situation - emergency services helicopter pilot Penny Carlton makes a forced landing on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient on board and a serial killer on the loose.
Eason's talent for maintaining a compelling physical and emotional pace is demonstrated on every page.
A great mix of mountain locations, wipe out wild winter weather, family discord and emotional conflict that keeps everything boiling along.
The fortitude and sacrifice of the emergency service personnel is one of the ongoing themes, combined with an inspirational dimension which adds depth to the story.
As a master of romantic suspense series, Lynette knows well how to set up complex plot lines so the ensuing books are subtly being introduced.Although a first in the series. Life Flight is a satisfying read as a standalone story, but with brotherly conflicts which be unravelled to full reader satisfaction in the following books. For readers who love open landscapes, heroic rescues, emotional family secrets and lots of action.
Lynette Eason talks about Life Flight and her long career on The Joys of Binge Reading podcast Episode #216.
EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is one of the best. She works well under stress, which is necessary when she is forced to land on a small flat spot on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient. Hiking off the mountain to find a landline to make a call is dangerous, and she finds out there is an escaped serial killer on the loose. Penny is a professional and gets the help she needs, eventually, but in the meantime, she works with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield to keep alive. It seems like everyone is out of the woods, until they realize that the man they killed was not the man they were after, and Penny is in danger. Together Holt and Penny work together to catch the killer and keep each other safe.

Life Flight is the first book in the Extreme Measures series, and it starts with a bang. You are pulled right into the story from the first page and it doesn't let up. I enjoyed seeing EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton's and FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield's interactions. He thinks he is protecting her, but Penny is a tough cookie, and more often, she was saving Holt. I liked their relationship as it was professional and respectful, eventually becoming more personal. The secondary characters all play important roles in the story and I loved the generosity of those living near the mountain. Of course the one character we were meant to dislike, was well-written and it worked. With tense, nail biting moments, health situations, twists, unexpected turns and some romantic suspense, I finished this book in one sitting. If you enjoy clean, suspenseful stories, I recommend Life Flight. I am looking forward to what is next in the Extreme Measures series.
I've read many books by Lynette Eason and have enjoyed them all. This one was no different. Her books are faced pace and easy to read. Great characters that are easy to root for. I highly recommend this book.
This was a race to the finish. A serial killer escapes from a local hospital from a minor surgery and in the process sets his focus on Penny Carlton an EMS helicopter pilot. FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield is the agent who originally arrested the serial killer and he's after him again. I thought Lynette Eason did a wonderful job of portraying the mind of a serial killer and his actions. This is a definite page turner, full of action and suspense with the romantic side story of Penny and Holt. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
This book really delivered on the romantic suspense! I really enjoyed the building up of the danger and the slow build of a relationship.
Penny is independent and strong. As a search and rescue pilot she's used to handling things on her own, but when her latest rescue has her crossing paths with a dangerous criminal she finds herself building a relationship with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield.
If you're looking for a book that is fast paced suspense with a clean romance, I definitely recommend this book.
I really enjoyed this book.  It was an easy read that captured my interest from the first chapter.  I found myself eager to continue reading whenever I had a free moment.   Not surprising as I don't think there is anything from Lynette Eason that I haven't enjoyed.  If you enjoy the romantic suspense christian fiction, then I highly recommend this book.
Thank you to the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I had a hard time getting into this, it felt really slow the first half. The second half was better and held my attention a little better, but it still felt predictable.

I received a complementary copy from NetGalley, all opinions are my own.
Holt and Penny's story is another fast-paced romantic suspense by Lynette Eason. I recommend this book--while romantic suspense does always take artistic license with "real life" law enforcement, Eason can sell it to the reader in a believable way. Penny is a strong heroine and Holt's a protective hero. They balance each other well, which makes for a believable romance. The plot has just enough surprises, twists, and turns to keep readers turning the pages.

Thank you to NetGalley for a copy of this novel for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Magnificently wonderful book full of intrigue, thrills, and chills. Superbly written with amazing characters that draw you right into the book. I cannot wait for the next book in the Extreme Measures series. This is a definite must read if you enough mystery/suspense and happily ever after.

I received an ebook ARC from Netgalley and this is my voluntary, honest review.
Life Flight
by Lynette Eason
Book 1 in the Extreme Measures series
Rating: 4.5/5

I really enjoyed this heart racing, adrenaline-filled, Christian romantic suspense thriller full of mystery and real danger. The story starts off with a bang and draws you in with each chapter. The story is a bit confusing at first since the author dives right into the scene but she eventually helps clarify who is who and what's happening. The mystery surrounding all that is happening is sometimes unbelievable but explained in the end. I always enjoy a mystery that I can keep guessing at.

The romance between the two leads is relatable but not as focused on. They have their own hangups and flaws which make them more authentic and make the reader want to root for them.

The author is also able to weave her faith into the story in a way that is genuine and natural.

Highly recommend if you enjoy Christian romantic thrillers that will keep you guessing till the end!

My thanks to the author and publisher for providing me with an ARC of the book. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own. No positive review was expected and no compensation received.