Cover Image: Sunrise

Sunrise

This is the first book in a new series by Susan May Warren and it does not disappoint! I was engrossed in the storyline immediately and it didn't let up until the very end. A nicely paced story, lots of suspenseful moments and a little bit of romance involved as well. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
I sat down with this book planning to read a couple of chapters just to get a feel for this new series by Susan May Warren. Hours later, Dodge Kingston and Echo Yazzie's story walked into my heart and had me pulling for their second-chance love.

Dodge Kingston fell in love with Echo when he was 10 and she was 9. His feelings for her never changed, only deepened but when, following graduation, he proposed to her, she turned him down flat. She feared making the same mistake her parents had made, marrying too young. She then went to a graduation afterparty where alcohol flowed, and was found in the arms of the wrong Kingston triplet. The fight that ensued sent one brother to the hospital and Dodge to jail. She hasn't seen Dodge since, but has always felt guilty for destroying the Kingston family bond.

When Dodge is called back home to run Sky King Ranch and the supply service to rural Alaska, he's only there until his dad is cleared to fly again. He wants nothing to do with Echo or his Dad, feeling that both had betrayed him. When he is called upon to rescue Echo following a grizzly attack, he flies in weather he shouldn't be going up in to save the woman he has always loved.  Arriving, he discovers Echo is unhurt but one of her dogs has been badly mauled. As they are thrown together repeatedly, they discover that their feelings aren't quite as dead as they thought they were. When it becomes apparent that Echo is in the crosshairs of poachers that she keeps thwarting, can Dodge keep her alive long enough to offer his forgiveness for their past?

This book made me want to fly to Alaska to see its wild beauty for myself, but I'm pretty sure I'd be one of those clueless tourists. I loved how Warren portrays Dodge as strong but broken-hearted on several fronts. I also appreciated Echo's backstory, and the brokenness she has never been able to overcome. Their second-chance love story rings all the more true for all the details Warren includes in their story.

Readers who enjoyed Warren's Montana Fire stories will enjoy this new spin-off series.. (Big sister Larke Kingston's story is told in book 7, Some Like it Hot.) There is lots of action for the adventure lovers, plenty of suspense for those who enjoy nail-biters, and a lovely second-chance love story (actually a couple of those....) As always, Warren hit this one out of the park. I highly recommend!
Good nature writing that really transports you to her setting. And a real but delightful romance. A novel that keeps you turning the pages.
Powerful!

Amazing start to this new series! Susan May Warren always brings great characters, and I love all of the different connections between her other book series. This was such a beautiful story of overcoming heartache from the past, and finding forgiveness.

I can't wait to continue following the Kingston triplets on amazing adventures in the next two books of this series. Susan May Warren is always on my 'Must Read' list!
Love books that pit man against nature? Want characters with a rich background and conflict that makes them three dimensional and real? Then you will love Susan May Warren's latest novel sunrise. Set in Alaska, I felt like I was living there with the characters, and I deeply wanted Echo and Dodge to find their way back to each other even as all the odds were against them. A satsifying read.
Sunrise is the first explosive volume in a new nail-biting series from USA Today bestselling author Susan May Warren. It is a classic second chance romance, with a thrilling adventure set amidst spectacular scenery.

"Pilot Dodge Kingston has always been the heir to Sky King Ranch. But after a terrible family fight, he left to become a pararescue jumper. A decade later, he heads home to the destiny that awaits him.”
“That’s not all that’s waiting for Dodge. His childhood best friend and former flame, Echo Yazzie, is a true Alaskan–a homesteader, dogsledder, and research guide for the DNR. Most of all, she’s living a life Dodge knows could get her killed. One of these days she’s going to get lost in the woods again, and his worst fear is that he won’t be there to find her. ” (From back cover)

I loved this story.  The main hero in the story is one of the handsome Kingston brothers. I look forward to reading more about the others in the following stories in Susan May Warren’s new set, The Sky King Ranch series. The heroine, Echo Yazzi, has never got over her childhood crush for Dodge, but has he got over her?

If you enjoy romantic adventures with a clean read, you will enjoy reading Sunrise. If you haven’t read any of Susan May Warren’s books, this is a good time to join, by reading the first of this brand new series.
"I love heroes who love deeply! Dodge was exactly that kind of hero. He has loved Echo from the time they were teenagers and will never stop!

Sunrise was filled with the action, mystery, and a little of the suspense I’ve come to expect from Susan May Warren. I really enjoyed seeing Alaska through her eyes – it really came to life. Seeing the lives of the homesteaders, awed by the Aurora Borealis, catching my breath in fear as the characters encountered grizzlies, flying through the snow behind the dog sled… What an adventure!!

I loved the detailed description of Dodge flying the plane. And how he attempted so valiantly to not crash when the fuel pump failed. That was so amazing. I think my heart stopped for a beat or two during that part. And when the bullets were flying. And when the grizzly attacked. And when… (not recommended  for the faint of heart!)

One of the things I’ve always appreciated about this author is the profound way she makes God such a significant part of her stories. Dodge’s father was such a great picture of solid faith amid storms. His persistent and loving reminders to Dodge and Echo of God’s character were spot on.

Readers who enjoy suspense filled with romance and faith will want to read this exciting first book of the Sky King Ranch series! I’m eagerly awaiting the release of Sunburst in June 2022!

I was given a copy of this book. I was not required to give a favorable review nor was any money received for this review. All comments and opinions are my own."
You really can just never go wrong with Susan May Warren. HOW DOES SHE DO IT?! I'm praying all of her books stay in the same world forever, because I LOVE getting to see old friends and settings when we read each new release.
And really, Warren has a knack for great and compelling characters. All a little flawed, but you can't help but love them anyway. They simply come to life right off of the page. Then she plops them into gorgeous scenery and you can't help but be invested in the story of a lifetime.
Sunrise kept me at the edge of my seat, and I'm so grateful all of these books will release in 2022. This story was high stakes from the beginning. Dodge, the broken hero that you just keep rooting for. Echo, the tough girl heroine that can do anything, but soon finds she can't do it alone. I couldn't put it down and finished in less than 24 hours. I'm already counting down the days to June 1st and Book 2!
I received a copy of this book digitally via NetGalley. I read and reviewed this book voluntarily, and all opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
Sunrise is a brand new thrilling, adventure series about the Kingston brothers and their ranch, Sky King.
It was filled with action and has a beautiful background set in Alaska.
Sunrise is the first explosive volume in a new nail-biting series from USA Today bestselling author Susan May Warren and it has all the hallmarks of her action-packed, natural environment, romantic adventures, with a fantastic sense of Alaskan wilderness and the demands it places on the first responders - the helicopter pilots and fire and medical staff - called out to dangerous emergencies.

She sets up a great new series - three brothers, estranged by an unhappy love affair, so they haven't been in touch for years. Pilot Dodge Kingston has always been the heir to Sky King Ranch., but he's been away as a decade before he returns to the destiny that awaits him.

That destiny includes his childhood best friend and former flame, Echo Yazzie, is a true Alaskan–a homesteader, dogsledder, and research guide for the DNR. Most of all, she’s living a life Dodge knows could get her killed. One of these days she’s going to get lost in the woods again, and his worst fear is that he won’t be there to find her.

Phil is a strong, handsome hero with Warren's usual military background, and Warren delivers her fast-paced action filled with danger, family drama, and a swoony romance with her usual flair and energy. A great read, with marvellous details about life in the Alaskan emergency services..

Susan May Warren talks about her work on the Joys of Binge Reading podcast.

I could not down load and read this novel. The netgalley page showed that I down loaded this book at the end of January. I went to read this book last week and could not find it on my kindle.

I can not review a book I haven't read. I'm not sure what happened.

I went to try to down load it again but it wasn't available.

I'm not sure what happened.

I love this authors book and I'm disappointed. If we can fix this that would be wonderful! I'd love to read it.

Thank you!
Reading a Susan May Warren book is like getting a hug each time you flip the page. Her writing is so captivating, and you wouldn’t think it could get better and then she releases another book. Sunrise is no different. We are thrown into the wilds of Alaska and Sky King Ranch and meet Dodge, Echo, and an entertaining supporting cast. The characters are wounded and lovable. The problems are real and difficult for the characters to solve. This novel had the right amount of suspense and romance to keep me up late! Pick up your copy today.
I very much enjoyed this book! As usual Ms.Warren has done a fabulous job weaving a story that draws us in and brings us on a journey with the characters. The characters are relatable and the dialog is great and the storyline is engaging.
A fantastic read that will go on my keeper shelf for sure! I loved every minute of it and couldn't put it down!
Buckle up and be prepared for the best read of your life!
I didn't know what I'd be in for when I requested this book but I'm sure glad I got it.
Great characters that you'll fall in love with and a fun and fascinating plot. All will keep you on the edge of your seat.
5 stars for sure!
Pilot Dodge was my favorite and I'm there will be others who agree with me on this one.
I enjoyed my trip to Alaska very much and didn't want to come back.
I loved the names of the sled dogs
This author's imagination is awesome.  I love her signature style of writing.  ]
I always look forward to her next one. I'm ready for another adventure!
My thanks for a copy of this book. I was NOT required to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.
A great story set in a unique and fascinating landscape. It had a nice amount of suspense and action. I really loved Dodge and Echo, especially seeing the growth in their characters and faith. Also some perfectly romantic kisses and one beautiful proposal!
I adore unique fiction, and this is such an interesting premise. I recommend because of the story itself, writing style, and its ability to transport you into a different world.
Another wonderful book by Susan.   Her books have intrigue and romance at the right speed.  Can't wait for the next one.
The setting for this story is Alaska. While it's never been a place I'd like to visit (I prefer the beach), Susan May Warren makes the reader feel as though they are there.
Dodge Kingston left the family home/ranch years ago following a huge family fallout. He is one in a set of three triplets-all boys. He has been estranged from his brothers and their father since he left. But, now, his dad is in the hospital and cannot operate Sky King Ranch. Dodge is back to help out while his dad recuperates.
Echo Yazzie is still there. Just could never leave. She is a dog sledder, and former love of Dodge. They haven't spoken in the years that he has been gone. She was a big part of his leaving.
This is a great story of faith, forgiveness and reconciliation. I love how the author writes that makes it truly Christian fiction. Many authors just add a teeny sprinkling of Christianity in their books. Not so, with this one. How wonderfully refreshing!
I was given an advanced ecopy by the publisher, Revell and Netgalley. I was under no obligation to leave a positive review.
My thoughts: this book by Susan May Warren was everything that you come to expect from a Susan May Warren book. Adventure. Drama. Romance. Love lost and found. Extreme conditions. Danger. And ever so much more. I had to laugh at the names of the sled dogs.. it was just like she ran out of inspiration and decided to name them after top gun characters. Ànd the names of the triplet boys? Ha. I enjoyed this book greatly and couldn't put it down. I was a verified buyer and no review was required.
I loved this story that has action and romance.  There is lots of emotions that Echo and Dodge have had to work through since they last saw each other ten years before.  I loved the action and the characters and I am looking forward to getting to know Dodges brothers.  There were laughs and some tears.  I received a copy of this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.