Cover Image: Beautiful

Beautiful

This was a good Steel book.  A world famous model is injured in a terrorist blast and one side of her face is badly damaged. Her mother and boyfriend were killed, and when she’s finally ready to leave the hospital she goes home alone. No more modeling, she has to give up that life.   She finally realizes that she needs to do something to help others.
I read the book in one sitting, 4 stars.
Veronique, an international model, survives a terrorist bombing. Even though she lives she is left with scarring, both inside and out. Beautiful is a story that tells about a woman’s journey to overcome a traumatic experience with traumatic results. Danielle Steel once again takes us on an emotional story about reflection, self-discovery, and perseverance. This is another solid book by Danielle Steel that you won’t regret reading!
This is another great book by Danielle Steel.  This book centers around Veronique, a young model, who loses ones she loves in a terrorist attack.  A beautiful story about life after misfortune.
This is a beautiful novel that addresses external beauty, what happens when we lose it and the importance of finding purpose in our life.

Beautiful follows the life of Veronique, a top fashion model who lives in Paris. She is extremely close to her mother as she was told her father died at a young age. Veronique, her boyfriend and her mom take a quick vacation and as they enter the airport to return home and victims of a bomb. The book mainly focuses on her recovery, which take almost a year due to the tremendous damage caused by the bomb. Veronique's mom was killed in the bombing and as a result, learns that her mom kept secrets from her.

Beautiful is a stunning story of acceptance, determination, surprises and rebirth.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
After a few thrillers, I needed something different. This book hit the spot. Enjoyable, fast paced read with a very current storyline. Not as much a romantic story as you think of this author, but enjoyable characters showing much internal growth and strength. Very different from her previous books, Ms. Steel forgoes the romance route and delivers into the main character pulling from within to find what fulfills her, makes her happiest.  This book provides a brief look at the demands and flightiness of the fashion industry.  The story follows twenty-two year old Veronique Vincent’s life takes a horrific turn. While in the Belgian airport, there is a terrorist attack which kills her mother and the man she is dating. Originally thought by the rescuers to have been killed, she survives but has sustained critical internal and external injuries. The damage to her face abruptly ends her career as one of the world’s most beautiful models. Her famous face will never grace the covers of the fashion magazines again. Lost without her mother, Veronique has to find a way to rebuild her life. A letter left by her mother, to be opened upon her death, provides some shocking information that sends Veronique from Paris to New York City.
Veronique Vincent is one of the most sought-after models in fashion. Even with the beauty and fame she has remained grounded.  Raised by a single mother who insured that she had an education to go along with the fame and who kept the memory of Veronique’s father alive for her through pictures and stories along with a doting boyfriend,  Veronique seems to have it all until an explosion at Zaventem Airport in Brussels changes her life forever.
Once again, Danielle Steel takes a tragedy that would cripple most people, adds some more tragedy bringing the character to rock bottom then giving that small light at the end of the tunnel to provide hope for recovery.  The twist and turns in “Beautiful” made it one of my favorite Danielle Steel novels.  Thank you Danielle Steel, Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine, Delacorte Press for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Imagine being a top model only to be disfigured in a terrorist attack.  She is alone, in the hospital and has no idea what her life will be like.  She has lost the 2 people she loves the most.  Cleaning out her mother's apartment is quite a chore as everything reminds her of the mother who she worshiped and loved more than anyone.  Since she traveled so much for modeling, she has very few close friends.

Her mother has left a will and she finds an interesting letter in her belongings.  It begins a quest she never could imagine.

This was a very interesting story.  While it's hard to read about someone injured in a terrorist attack, it has become our reality.  I really enjoyed this story and in all the tragedy, shows us that there can be hope.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
Veronique was a famous model but tragically her outer beauty was changed forever. This is a heartbreakingly beautiful story of a young woman who loses her boyfriend, mother, and her livelihood all in one tragedy.  I loved Veronique's journey to find herself and her inner beauty while rebuilding her life. Beautiful is one of those books that will have you reading nonstop to find out if Veronique will get a well deserved happily ever after so I recommend you set aside time to read.
Loved this beautiful story of a model know world sided and her closeness to her mom. When something changes  in her life she feels her career is over. She must go on with her life after this and finds what really matters to her and others as well.
I am a huge Danielle Steel fan for sure.  But this one might be one of my favorites.  A story of a beautiful woman and a gorgeous man who experience heart wrenching loss and try to rebuild their lives.  Their losses may be different but coming back from a terrorist attack that kills members of your families, leads to a great deal of survivors grief.  The different stories of their lives and how they cross paths was hard for me to put down when I needed to go to sleep.  I highly recommend this book.  Thank you #NetGallery
I'd like to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for sharing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Another outstanding book by an exceptional author. Danielle Steel is my ALL TIME favorite.
#Beautiful by # Danielle Steel is just a beautiful story. At age 22, Veronique is one of the most famous model 's in fashion. Then out of nowhere she has a life changing tragedy. ....
#Netgalley, #Danielle Steel, and # Random House-Ballantine
Beautiful explores the cost of outward beauty and how life can change in an instant. Veronique is a successful model capitalizing on her looks. One day tragedy strikes and she must learn to pivot and shift her focus. Life can throw us curveballs and it’s up to us to decide how to make a mark in this life we’ve been given. When everything in your life is upended choosing where to go from there is explored in DS newest novel. In addition human frailty is at the core and discovering your true purpose in life. Once again many of the elements we enjoy in Ms. Steel’s novels come to fruition here. Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC #Beautiful
Beautiful was an amazing story! Another hit for Danielle Steel, in my opinion. I loved seeing Veronique grow and mature after tragedy struck. She became much more than a pretty face.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Veronique is a star. At age twenty-two, she is one of the most popular models the world has seen gracing runways and magazine covers. What no one would guess is that she is the adored daughter of a single mom and would rather spend her Friday nights at home with her boyfriend than out on the town. When what should be a quick and relaxing break is rocked by a terrorist attack, Veronique realizes her life will never be the same again.
Again, Danielle Steel does not disappoint!!   I loved how the story grabbed me right in the beginning and I could not put it down.  I wanted more.  Veronique was so inspiring and really tugged on my heart strings!!  I also loved the other characters in the book.  An emotional journey that was tragic and beautiful!!
Veronique, an in demand model, loses everything she loves in a terrorist attack.  As she recovers, she discovers family secrets and a strength she did not know she possessed.  This was a fast paced story full of love, loss, sadness and hope.  The characters are well developed and very likable.

Thank you to Danielle Steel, Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine, Delacorte Press, and Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book.
Danielle Steel's newest release, Beautiful, first reminded me of one of her classic works, The Promise, which begins with a horrific accident. Veronique is a young super model who faces life changing events with grace and growth. Steel's books are always a wonderful escape, and Beautiful is no exception. Readers will feel immersed in the thoughtfully described, faraway settings as they track Veronique's decisions. Thanks to #NetGalley for the opportunity to preview #Beautiful by #DanielleSteel - I enjoyed it!
I'd like to thank Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine, Delacorte Press for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

WOW!!

Veronique Vincent is a high paying super model from Paris. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is on the inside as well. Veronique has everything going for her. A highly sought after modeling job, a supportive mom who is her best friend, a fun boyfriend and she suddenly loses it all at once. In a bombing at the Brussels airport she loses her mom and boyfriend and also sustains critical internal injuries and most importantly half of her face is blown up. After spending 7 months in the hospital and 26 surgeries she is finally released to go home. The worst part is that she goes home to an empty house since she lost her mother. Upon getting her mother's will she is given a letter telling her who her father is, who she was told was deceased. Only to find out he was a Senator from New York. After only one meeting with her father, she ends up losing him as well.

This was a pretty emotional story. I really couldn't put it down. For someone to lose everything and to turn that all around to help others and see her true beauty inside was so inspiring. I loved how she took tragedy and turned it to good. How she could see that her true beauty was inside and just not tied to her outer appearance.
Veronique is a supermodel, albeit a relatively down to earth supermodel. Steel's latest follows Veronique through major life changes and we get to see her mature and find out what truly matters most to her. If you like Steel's novels, you know that most people don't face financial hardships but rather emotional ones. We read her books for an interesting plot and a bit of escapism. This latest was a good read for the beach.