Cover Image: Aircraft of World War II

Aircraft of World War II

What a great book! I love to study the weapons of WWII, and this book was right up my ally! Simple, clear writing, and beautiful art. A+ book for WWII buffs.

#AircraftofWorldWarII #NetGalley
While this book would make a wonderful gift for the aircraft or WWII enthusiast, I won’t be purchasing it for my school library. I was hoping for some trivia on the planes along with the technical information and the pocket size makes it an almost sure loss. The colorful illustrations are lovely and I could see including the book in a public library collection.
Author Chris Chant published the book “Aircraft of World War II: 300 of the World’s Greatest Aircraft 1939–1945” today. Mr. Chant has published well over 100 books.

I categorize this book as ‘G’. The book devotes a page to each of the 300 different aircraft covered. The page has a color drawing of the aircraft and a table with aircraft specifications. There is also a paragraph describing the plane’s history. The description covers a little of the development and the principal versions of the aircraft. The roles the plane played, and the production numbers are also generally included. The book covers aircraft from Japan, Germany, the US, UK, Australia, France, Russia, Italy, Netherlands, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Yugoslavia, and Sweden.

I enjoyed the 5+ hours I spent reading this 320-page WWII aviation history. Many f the aircraft I was familiar with, but there were several that were new to me. A few were developed in the 1920s and saw only brief action in WWII. I would have liked to have seen more than a single paragraph on each plane. I like the chosen cover art. I rate this book as a 4 out of 5.

You can access more of my book reviews on my Blog ( https://johnpurvis.wordpress.com/blog/).

My book reviews are also published on Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/31181778-john-purvis).
Absolutely loved this feeling good book! Enjoyed the characters and the story. The story flowed nicely and had me reading until the end. This is a wonderful story and a great read, I highly recommend this book!