Cover Image: Silver to the Heart

Silver to the Heart

This was a super fun read I really enjoyed it and loved the writing style I will be recommending and buying a copy as well
Thank you so much Netgalley and Brien Feathers for the ARC of this book.

This book had a good mix of action, romance and fantasy. It was well written and the pace was good.

Unfortunately there was something little missing for me to hit it out of the park but overall a good read!
An interesting book with a good host of characters I ended up rooting for. I look forward to any future books
I don’t like to DNF books but I just couldn’t get trough this book. I like multiple points of view but this book has way to many and it’s really hard to figure out who’s point of view it is. It’s also hard to understand who’s talking. Maybe I try to pick it up again later but I can’t keep reading right now.
Thanks to NetGalley, Books Go Social & the author for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

I usually enjoy multiple POV's, but this story was too chaotic for my taste. I will not lie - first couple chapters were interesting enough and kept me, in some level, engaged. But as soon as more and more POV'S were introduced, pacing was constantly shifting between fast and slow, it became disorienting and difficult to follow the plot. Story fell flat.
Key features could be appealing to some readers - species, powers and all history /potential future events around dangerous dark times, that are coming. But, for me personally, I felt no connection to either constantly jumping story or, for the first time, main characters. I found Ana and Drake annoying and un-charismatic. Chapter where he was in her room, still somehow a stranger and than boom! Talk about sexy time. It came out of nowhere, was off-putting and ridiculous. I mean 30% in book and the guy already silently mentions that he loves her ( you know her like for 19 sec only..) and Ana - word "baby" will be heard in my realm of nightmares.

Sadly, I will not be continuing with the series. I think this book will appeal so some readers, but it du not capture my attention. Thank you for the chance to read and good luck in the future!
Thank you to the publisher, netgalley and the author for allowing me to read this eARC, I feel so blessed to be able to have critical conversations about great books and recommend books to my book club.

This is a new adult fantasy book that was unusual to read at first but after I got used to his writing style I enjoyed the book more and started to pace through the book faster. I liked this a lot and will read more from him in the future.
My only critisism of this book is that perhaps it has too many voices giving their point of view. It did take me a while to get used to this and had to check back a few times to see who was talking. That said, I did enjoy the book and the world of Ana and Drake. The story was compelling and the range of characters interesting. I definitely would buy the next book.
Thank you to NetGalley for a copy of this book.
This was an epic beginning to a series! The book was a great ride and kept me engaged throughout. I cannot wait to see what comes next in this series.
An old soul (several centuries old), the lover, fighter, and telekinetic Drake receives an order to safeguard Ana, a mortal with Elder Talent.

Ana, an artist beset by haunting visions, falls for the perfect stranger while venturing home to mediate emergent family chaos.

Past-warlord and present commander Sasuke wields his telepathic might to outwit Council traitors in an effort to save the human realm and its Guardian from a new Dark War.

Criminal and light bender Lou, now sought by the Council to answer for his sins, seeks shelter with the Reverend—an Elder fit to bypass rules of magic meant to be unbreakable.

As time's last grains of sand deplete, an ancient battle may renew, with pieces of the fractured realm imperiling man's modern world. Though few on Earth are cognizant, dark days now lie ahead. . .

This was one of those books that sucked me in from the beginning and didn’t let go until I finished!
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

I think my heart just melted.... Book hangover for sure! Amazing 🥰😍🥰
Thank you to NetGalley, Books Go Social & the author for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

I thought this sounded really interesting and while the first chapter or two gripped me, I quickly became disoriented with the constant switching of narration and poor explanation of the newly introduced characters. I generally enjoy books with multiple POVs, but I felt the execution of it in this book resulted in a really poor connection between the reader and the protagonists.

I really didn’t care for these characters, the plot was confusing and overall writing style left me wanting to DNF at the 50% mark.
I really tried to like this book but I found myself struggling to finish it.

I found ‘Silver to the Heart’ very clunky to read. The writing style would switch between fast-paced, snappy short sentences (which is an eyesore); then great long paragraphs where nothing happens. One example early on was a big paragraph, broken up into very short sentences - and all it ultimately did was detail how a character sat down, turned on their laptop, realised they didn't know the time, and then proceed to check the time (I'm not joking).

There was little to no atmosphere to be found as the main focus was what the characters were thinking or doing, with nothing descriptive to set the scene.

I at times struggled to follow the plot and had the constant feeling I had missed something. There are multiple POVs in this book but I struggled to follow sometimes who the story had jumped to.

I also felt no connection to any of the characters, especially Ana and Drake who I found extremely annoying and off-putting, and it's hard to like a book when you aren't able to root for any characters.
So the synopsis of this one drew me in but then the story fell flat. The pacing was awful. It would lull and then be fast paced and then back to lulling and I just couldn't stay interested in it. I really had high hopes for it. However, I will not be continuing with the series. Thank you Netgalley for the advance copy in exchange for an honest review.
Given the opportunity for an honest review for this book. The multiple POVs are okay however there’s too many breaks within the chapters switching to different scenes. The story lacked detail/description and seemed very basic and plain. Having read multiple vampire books it didn’t give what I was looking for and lacked drawing me in. Overall , I’m giving the book 2.5 stars -3 stars. Being a writer is hard and the attempt of twilight, I would say this one tried.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me a copy of this book. This is my honest review.

The description of the book led me to believe that it was right up my paranormal alley.   Although it had an ìnteresting concept, I  found it difficult to get through.

The writing was clunky and at times hard to follow.  The large number of POVs didn't help. It detracted from the plot, making it more confusing.
It's been a while since I've been compelled to read a vampire fantasy book! (ever since the twilight/vampire academy era) and this was not a let down! The story is told through six point of views, which, at first can be confusing at first but allows you to learn about each character and build a connection with them.  The novel is a great combinaison of action, mystery all in a remarquable built up fantasy world!

Thank you NetGally and the BooksGoSocial publisher for this copy
After reading the description, I was really looking forward to this book. It's an interesting take on vampires, good vs evil and different realms.

The plot is very jumpy, it chops and changes between the POVs within each chapter with only *'s to separate them and because there are so many POVs it made it quite confusing and stopped me from getting immersed in the plot completely.

Overall it does have potential and if you like plots with multiple POVs and magic then this may be for you

*Thank you to @netgalley and the publishers for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review*
An interesting story full of magical creatures, short sex scenes, and lots of the undead. The Elders battle for the outcome of the universe in a small town in Texas.
The story I found entertaining, the idea that "vampire" was a derogatory term was a new spin on the genre. That the traditional vampire powers we're used to seeing could only be handled one at a time was an interesting twist, finding out that Ana just might be the key to everything was a fresh take.

The romance was a bit light for my liking but that's ok, this book really was all about the world building, getting to know the characters and deciding what side you wanted to be rooting for when the war started... if the war started. While I rooted for Ana and Drake through the whole book, I would have liked to have seen some more conversation and see them really connect. I do love that Ana invited Drake to her sister's wedding, that did set up a lot of the zingy one liners that I loved in this book.

The way magic and telekinesis were mixed in gave it a new feel, and the idea that a human in this world of supernatural creatures could be the savior was again a nice twist.

The only real issue for me is the multiple points of view, I'm ok with a few of them but I felt like I needed a chart to keep track of who was allied with who and who was a traitor, who was "with" who and so on.  I think if it had been condensed slightly and maybe 3 or even 4 points of view would have been ok but there were just too many for this to be an easy read.

All in all, I really liked the book, and if you truly enjoy multiple points of view this is probably going to be a book you love. I do plan on reading the next installments as the come out.
Brien Feathers had an intriguing approach to a classic vampire, supernatural genre. The blurb certainly sucked me into the vampire genre once again.

The story dives into the past and present experiences of the Elders (Vampires) history of war and relationships. We get to dive into a world where centuries old rivalry and grudges clash in the present day. Each Elder has their own unique powers such as telekinesis, telepaths and necromancy which was exciting.

The story is told through quite a few characters leaving us with six points of view. While each character was distinct and certainly individual, I would’ve preferred to follow just a few of the key characters. This preference is mainly due to the lack of connection I felt to each character because I hadn’t fully gone on a journey with them and dive into their rationale.  Saying that I was more inclined towards Ana and Drake and their dynamic. They did form a quick relationship, but I am unsure of the timeline of this and would’ve loved to see more of it develop in this book. However, there is a second instalment coming in the series so it would be nice to see more character development in that.

I do feel that Ana’s visions were a bit far and few between which was a little disappointing considering this was a faucet that plunges Ana to the forefront of the Elders war. There were also some parts that jumped from scene to scene which made it slightly confusing where I was as a reader. I think a smoother transition between the mind games the telepaths use would make for a more immersed read.

This book has mature themes of violence, torture, sex, and abuse so this sits as a series aimed at those over 18.