Cover Image: We Adopted a Baby Chick

We Adopted a Baby Chick

Gosh, this is seriously cute! And perfect for families expecting an adoption OR a biological little one. Change is hard and this book shares the beauty of being the big sibling!
The story of a family that adopted a baby chick, from the view of Albert, their sheep. Albert was disgruntled because he doesn't feel needed after the chick comes. But Albert can finally found his place. One story that match our daily lives as well, how we sometimes feel left out.
Being an owner of pet birds and once a chicken owner, I knew I had to read 'We Adopted A Chick'. It didn't disappoint me. It was an interesting to get know about an adopted chick from the point of view of a sherp. It was a good light read.
Cute little book. Albert is very jealous of the chicken the family adopted, until he got to be the hero. Thank you to the publisher for the opportunity to read and review
Both the story and illustrations were incredibly cute. I loved Albert, and Tina and seeing everyone in their family. Albert was so sweet, and the story was charming. It kind of gives the feeling of when there's a new baby in the house, and the dynamic changes. I definitely think this story is super adorable, and will be recommending it.
A cute story about a lamb that is jealous of the attention that a newly adopted baby chick gets with his family. This was cute but felt a bit disjointed at parts. Overall was a sweet story though.
Such a sweet story for siblings, especially when a new baby or child is entering a family. It is told by a lamb who is part of a farm family, and some of the struggles he feels after a baby chick is added into the mix. Really great way to talk about how older siblings can feel a bit of jealousy when something new is getting attention too. It continues as Tina, the baby chick, grows up. Towards the end Albert, the lamb, finds the greatness within himself and his love for his new family member. Great book for siblings.
We Adopted a Baby Chick by Lori Joy Smith is a follow up to the book We Adopted a Baby Lamb. Albert the sheep is happy living on the farm with 4 people, 2 cats, 1 dog, and 1 bunny until a baby chick appears one day. Everyone loves Tina the chick and pays attention to her. Albert is growing up and doesn’t need as much care as he did when he was a lamb and is jealous of Tina. Albert believes he is now just too big, too loud, and overall not special anymore. One day a fox grabs Tina and it’s up to Albert to rescue her. Tina is safe and Albert now feels big, strong, loud, and proud. Afterwards, he and Tina become friends.
This is such a sweet and charming story full of adorable illustrations. This book would be perfect for older siblings who have to get used to having a new baby in the household or for anyone who simply doesn’t feel special enough. My favorite part was at the end of the book when we got to see pictures of the real Albert and Tina. The children were so excited to see that these cute characters are actually real farm animals.
It was a little long for my child’s age,  but I think it was a nice little story that helps kids understand a new addition. I liked the diversity in the book as well.
We Adopted a Baby Chick by Lori Joy Smith is a sentimental and impactful read for little ones. The book focuses on the emotions that can arise when a new member is added to a family: like a baby chick. Or a new baby, or adopted family member. The subject matter is written in an age appropriate way and the resolution is a lovely way to tell children that our hearts are big enough to love many, and that growing up is something to be proud of. This would be a wonderful read for toddlers who may be getting a new sibling through adoption or otherwise. It gives purpose to the older siblings role, in this case, Albert the Sheep. I would recommend this to other toddler parents. It is a quick, adorably illustrated picture book.
This book is truly cute!  The story is about Tina, a new chic, getting all of the attention, compared to Albert, the sheep that once was the new pet of the family.  It books show children the struggle associated with jealous.  However, it teaches that you can over come jealousy and should not feel negative to the newcomer.  This book would be great for any family that is expanding, whether that be by adding fur babies or human babies!  I love how it was based on a true story and it shows pictures of the live pets.

***** I received an ARC from NetGalley, publisher and the author, in turn for my honest review.
I love that Albert is the narrator for this book! I also love the pictures of Albert and Tina. The story was cute and I think it would be great for anyone getting a new sibling as they will get to see how Albert works through his jealousy.

Great, little picture book.
Review to come to blog/Goodreads in June.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I should read blurbs. Because then I would have known to skip skip SKIP this book. But no, past me went with the adorable cover and the adorable title. She shouldn't have done that.

Because this book was all about a jealous sheep and how boohoo he never got the attention he wanted of his dear humans because they now have a baby chick and later a chicken. It just wasn't fun to read and it is sad that it took a life-threatening situation to make him realise that he was being a stupid one. Acting dumb.

So yeah, I struggled to get through but there were things I did enjoy and that is why I kept going despite Negative Nancy over there. Like the art. It was just so adorable! The chicken (and the other animals) adorable and cute! Loved seeing the chicken grow up. Loved seeing the farm (as I would call it). Loved seeing everyone in the family work together and make something fun. And I guess the ending was fun when the sheep acted normal again. I also LOVED that we got some pictures of the real life Tina and Albert!

But yeah, I cannot rate this one very high, sadly.
This was such a cute read! A book about a farm who adopts a baby chick (title) and the sheep is the narrator. It was such a wholesome read; so cute and adorable! I recommend it.
This cute little tale of accepting new friends would be a great addition to any Social Emotional Learning library.  This book could also be a great way to introduce kids to the idea of a new pet or baby in the family by helping them understand their own role in a changing family dynamic.
This cute storybook is educational in terms of farm animals, friendship and emotions of insecurity and jealousy.

Well presented and well illustrated, this one is a new collectible I would say.

Thank you, publisher and author/artist, for the advance reader copy.
This book is based on a true story.  An adorable fluffy baby chick, named Tina, is introduced into the family and everyone is smitten.

Albert, a lamb, once was that cute new addition to the family.   He feels left out and abandoned because the baby chick gets all the attention and love these days.  The chick receives many privileges around the farm that Albert is not privy to anymore and this makes him feel sad and feeling heartsick.

One day Tina, now a grow hen, is accosted by a predator and only Albert is around to save her.  Will he decide to rescue her and become a superhero or will he let her remain in peril?

The illustrations are delightful and the positive lesson the book poses is one that will last a lifetime.  Albert learns to put his feelings towards Tina aside and do the right thing.  In doing so the two become friends and all the animals ( and humans ) live in harmony on the farm.  This is a wonderful tale about sibling love and celebrating each other differences.  I highly recommend this book.
Lori Joy Smith, the author of “ We adopted a baby chick” has done a fantastic job of portraying the feelings of neglect after an arrival of a new member in the family.  Every child with a younger sibling goes through these exact unfavorable feelings at one point of his or her life. And the worst part is that many kids do not even know what these feelings are and how to tackle them positively.  This is where this story written by Lori Joy Smith comes in like a magic because it labels those feelings and teaches the reader how to come out of it like a hero.
What a cute and delightful book! The story is told from the POV of Albert The Lamb, which I thought was really unique. Albert is feeling overshadowed by a newcomer in the family: Tina The Hen.

This is a really lovely and creative coming-of-age story about sibling love and learning to accept our differences. Highly enjoyable and recommended!
THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND THE PUBLISHER FOR THIS REVIEW COPY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.
It was a cute book with adorable illustrations and a good lesson.