Cover Image: The No-Show

The No-Show

This is a twisty romantic comedy you‘ll probably devour in one sitting. Quirky likeable characters and a really cleverly braided plot make this a pleasure to read!
Another fabulous book from Beth O'Leary. I love that she can offer a light hearted, yet deep romantic novel. She avoids all the cheesy cliches of some other books in this genre and often deals with very real issues.

This particular book has a lovely twist, that I only started to suspect just before it was revealed, and then a few more lovely little plot points. I initially hated our lead male protagonist but as the novel goes on we come to understand him a lot more.

Right, when is Beth's next book out???
I love Beth O’Leary’s books. They’re so heartwarming and bubbly; perfect for a summer read. And this one is equally as entertaining as her other offerings. I loved the characters in this book; as always, they feel so relatable to readers. Would absolutely recommend!
She’s only gone & done it, definitely bested the last book! A joy to spend time with her fictitious friends & their genuinely “normal” lives. Lovely little intertwining plot here with a small heartbreak in there too.
Move aside Veronica Henry, Ms O’Leary is coming up on your heels!
This is the first book by this author I’ve read but having heard such good things I was excited when I received a copy from NetGallery. Sadly however I found I didn’t fall in love with this story. To give the author credit I thought the time difference twist was very surprising and I honestly never worked it out until the literal second. My biggest issue unfortunately was I spent so much of the book hating Joseph that even when everything was revealed and he was redeemed I couldn’t shake my animosity. The three protagonists Siobhan, Kate & Miranda all felt freshly different from each other and I warmed to all equally. Kate ended up my favourite but I could relate to different nuances of each women that they all became like friends. The subplot of Richard and how he linked to each women really helped to centralise them around something other than just Joseph and I was so revealed at his comeuppance. What a disgusting man!
The colourful cast of side characters helped to brightened the plot as well and I especially loved Aggie & Mortimer. Supportive fun & generous characters I wish I knew in real life.
As a whole it was worth a read and I would probably go back and read other older books by the author but I don’t think this will become a favourite or a reread.
I received a digital ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. When I was first approved for this book I was very excited because I had read another one of of Beth O'Leary's books and really enjoyed it and thought the story was cute. I had a lot of trouble with this book and actually stopped reading it 50% of the way into it because I just really didn't love any of the characters. I also didn't like the idea of one man dating these women at the same time. I might give this book another go some time and see if I actually do end up liking it, but I just really wasn't feeling the whole premise and the characters.
Bittersweet Twists…
Three women, three dates and one man missing. These women need to find out what exactly has happened to this elusive man - the missing Joseph Carter. After all, they’ve all been stood up by him it seems. As the lives of these ladies unfold, the reader may glimpse the truth. Heartwarming, emotional and escapist page turner with bittersweet twists.
This was an enjoyable read, with some very likeable characters. I loved Miranda and her colleagues, particularly AJ. Jane, downtrodden Jane could only be liked. I read on eagerly to learn about her background, about the reason she behaved as she did. I didn’t warm to Siobhán at all. I found her to be self centred and quite unlikeable for the most part, and even more so as the story progressed. Carter started off as someone who was difficult to like too but he grew on me. I found the story dragged a bit in middle. I couldn’t wait for it to hurry along so I could get to the punch line and when I got there it was worth it. Beth O’Leary’s books are very enjoyable reads and this is certainly another I’d recommend.
Meet Joseph Carter, a man who doesn’t show up to three different dates with three separate women. These women want to know where he is, and as the secrets come out, the true Joseph comes out.

I absolutely love Beth O’Leary’s books and this one was another fantastic read!! All the main girl characters in this I felt I really could relate to and really liked them all. Jane was my favourite and I really was rooting for her!
The plot was easy to follow with a good few twists thrown in at the end! I honestly couldn’t have guessed how it would end and how everyone was connected.
Overall this is a fantastic read which has left me wanting more Beth o’Leary already 🤣
I had heard so many good things about this book, so was really happy to be given the opportunity to read an advance copy of this from @netgalley.
Three women who seemingly have nothing in common find that they're involved with the same man.

Siobhan is a quick-tempered life coach with way too much on her plate. Miranda is a tree surgeon used to being treated as just one of the guys on the job. Jane is a soft-spoken volunteer for the local charity shop with zero sense of self-worth.

These three women are strangers who have only one thing in common: They've all been stood up on the same day, the very worst day to be stood up--Valentine's Day. And, unbeknownst to them, they've all been stood up by the same man.

Once they've each forgiven him for standing them up, they let him back into their lives and are in serious danger of falling in love with a man who seems to have not just one or two but three women on the go....

Is there more to him than meets the eye? And will they each untangle the truth before they all get their hearts broken?
This is described as a romcom, but I felt that it was more contemporary than that, yes there is some rom and com woven into the story but, I think it has so much more to it. No spoilers, but my first impressions of the book and what I expected it to be about, were completely blown out of the water and my predictions, were way off the mark! The saying, never judge a book by its cover was true for me with this book. In saying that, I am SO glad that my initial perceptions were changed as I read this multi layered book. It did take me a few days to read this book, but it for me it was an easy book to be able to just pick up time and time again and read on. There are several sensitive topics dealt with within this book, but they are all dealt with compassionately and empathically, it’s just something you may want to think about before picking this book up.
A great read equally for the beach or curled up under a cosy blanket.
Thank you to @netgalley and @quercusbooks for an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
⭐The No Show by Beth O'Leary ⭐

Thankfully I was away on holiday and had the time to finish this book in 2 sittings! It was THAT good. It is heading to my favourites for 2022 stack.

I can't fault this latest release by Beth O'Leary. I loved everything about it. I wanted to be friends with each of the 3 female characters, and I also swooned broken-heartedly for Joseph Carter.

The surprises that come as you read this story are so well placed and, well, surprising, it took me in a direction I was not expecting and now feel the need to tell everyone to read it because I really want to talk about it!!

I will be waiting impatiently for Lisa Ireland's Facebook readalong in June to chat with my bookish friends about how I much I loved this book!

Thanks to Netgalley and Hachette for the chance to read and review this brilliant book!
Ever since The Flatshare, Beth O'Leary has been an autobuy author for me. That being said, I remember reading the blurb for this one and cringing slightly. I was wrong to be so judgy; I loved it!

The girls are all such likable characters, making this so readable and addictive but then you also need to keep reading to understand what on earth is going on and how Joseph Carter is juggling all of these girls at the same time. Oh, Beth O'Leary 👏🏻🤩

The narrative flows so well, being divided amongst Siobhan, Miranda and Jane. I think Jane was my favourite but then I did do a quiz before reading the book which confirmed she's who I'm most like (definitely didn't surprise me once I started reading...). There's not a lot to say about this one without giving any spoilers but it's such a clever plot and an easy read. Fans of Beth's previous books definitely won't be disappointed!
💭 📚ARC Book Review📚💭

And another NetGalley read bites the dust - this time round it’s Beth O’Leary’s latest, The No-Show. Swipe ➡️ for the blurb and read on for my thoughts.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I’m a fan of O’Leary’s books - ever since I stumbled across The Flat Share, I’ve been hooked. And I’m pleased to say that I find her writing maturing more and more with each new book she releases, and The No-Show is another gem. There’s a content warning/potential spoilers - check out at the end if you want to know more.

I’ll start with the premise - three women, waiting to meet up with their elusive dates in Valentine’s Day are all stood up. By the same man. What a swine! But of course there’s more to this story!

Needless to say that O’Leary pulled me along as you learn more about our 3 main female leads: Siobhan, Miranda and Jane. They’re given a rich and engaging backstory each and O’Leary handles their interactions with Joseph and the mystery around it all with such ease. I will admit I was trying to figure out just what was going on (and was partly right) but I was impressed with how the leads’ stories all connected.

We also get a rich and engaging development of Joseph, who I have to say is just lovely. He goes from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows and it’s such a rollercoaster. How can you not like him?

Thanks to NetGalley, the team at Quercus, and the author for the opportunity to read this review copy.

⚠️Content warning/potential spoilers: there’s reference to harassment, minor self-harm, bereavement, and the after effects on the bereaved ⚠️
I officially got on the Beth O’Leary train and what a ride it was with The No-Show!

It was fun, sad, and just full of love and hope. It’s one of those books where you just want to hug someone or something after reading it 🥺

I really loved the different relationships Joseph had with each of the women; Sibahon, Miranda and Jane. It was so hard to pick who I wanted Joseph to be with despite how much I was angry with Joseph.

I was shocked yet I loved the way the book ended, as I wasn’t expecting it all. I think this book you would want to read as a buddy or group read because it’s one up for discussion.

Thank you Netgalley and Quercus for the eARC of The No -Show in exchange for a review.
Beth O'Leary has written her best book so far with her latest novel 'The No-Show'. It has all of the love and cosiness of her previous novels but with added clever twists which make this quite the gripping read. At the beginning, we see three women stood up on Valentine's Day by Joseph Carter. We have Siobhan, Irish life coach who is strong, independent and not looking for anything serious, Jane, shy, awkward and running away from her past and Miranda, a kickass tree surgeon who is suspicious of Joseph's real motives in their relationship. We follow all three women through a year with Joseph, waiting for the inevitable moment they all meet!

That, however, is the beauty of this book. It does not go in the direction you are expecting AT ALL. I do not want to spoil anything but go into this knowing as little as possible and you will experience the true wonder of O'Leary's writing. Due to following three relationships at once, I was not completely invested in any one pairing of main or side characters across the novel. This did not really detract from my enjoyment of the story and following the characters on their individual journeys.

Overall, O'Leary has done a fabulous job of building the narrative around the three main women, as well as fleshing out the lives of some wonderful side characters (my favourites being AJ, Miranda's twin sisters, and of course Colin and Mortimer). This was an easy 5 stars to award. As always, I cannot wait for the next O'Leary masterpiece to be published!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher who provided an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
One thing that I will say about Beth O Leary is that she knows how to tell a story. I had so many emotions while reading this book and that twist. I didn't see it coming until I was well into the book. Siobhan, Miranda and Jane are all extremely likeable characters and you're drawn into their stories. If you're looking for a love story with a difference then I suggest The No Show.
This one was a DNF' for me at 10%. Just not particularly gelling with the characters or the plot. It's not written badly or anything - I just don't seem to care much for the characters and wherever it's supposed to be headed.
Thank you to the author and the publisher for sending me a copy of the book as part of the social blast.
Meet Siobhan - stood up by Joe Carter for a Valentine’s Day breakfast
Meet Miranda - stood up by Joe Carter for a Valentine’s Day lunch
Meet Jane - stood up by Joe Carter for a Valentine’s Day evening party
Who is Joe Carter and why does he keep standing women up???
I am a huge fan of Beth’s previous novels and was really excited to pick this one up. The book is told through the different women, where we learn more about their lives and what influence Joe Carter had on their lives
Whilst the book was beautifully written, I did feel the plot was quite slow and the ending quite rushed. However, I really loved the way it all came together as I was so curious through reading the book what was going to happen
There is a shock moment towards the end, which I didn’t predict
This book is perfect for any romance fiction  lovers
#adprproduct Book Review ✨⠀
The No Show by Beth O'Leary 📖⠀
Talking about this without spoilers is SO HARD!⠀
⠀
Distinctive characters, whose personalities shine through, and has you soon rooting for them. It's certainly an achievement to create three characters I became so protective of over a few pages. After all they are all dating the same guy 😱⠀
⠀
I felt icky (you know that feeling something isn't right in your tummy) reading this one for a while how could it possibly have anything approaching a happy ending...?⠀
⠀
But a twist turns it on its head & makes it, so much more. It's full of heart & impossible not to love.... if you can trust O'Leary like I did, she won't let you down!⠀
I really enjoyed this book. The story is told through the eyes of 3 women who all get stood up by the same man on Valentines day. I don’t want to reveal too much as you need to read it yourself to experience it the way I did. I had not read the blurb so went into this blind, and I am so pleased I did.
The book is a rollercoaster of emotions and twists but I was so disappointed last night when I realised I had finished reading.
All I can say really is highly recommended and enjoy!