Cover Image: Camera Ready

Camera Ready

Jane Mercer….. She is a strong character which I absolutely LOVE.. Her boss is a LETCH, love life is nonexistent. The way this author wrote this novel literally captivated you, the way she weaves through difficult situations is amazing. I love how Jane is a compelling character, but not perfect which is great. Makes you love her. I can say she is AUTHENTIC. Will definitely make you laugh. (Thank you #NetGalley for this book)
I found the prompt of this book very intriguing and was excited to read, I was expecting a kind of enemies to lovers romance book, but that is not what I got. The whole book is basically told in its entirety in the summary;
upon reaching 80% of the book, it seems that the story is just beginning to develop because it is the point where you reach what the summary makes you understand is the central part of the conflict.

As a result this entire book, is not only predictable but it has no element of surprise, given that you know exactly the direction the book is going to take, I was not satisfied in any way with the pace, I felt it was too slow, there was no chemistry with the final pairing, it seemed they ended up together because it felt like the natural conclusion to the story given that what none of the characters have meaningful interactions with each other, the majority of the book is the protagonist hoping for thing to happen, regretting past actions or just narrating.

At the end of the story, I felt like there was something missing, like the other half of the book, because the prompt has the potential to be a good story but it was not developed enough.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and I want to thank NetGalley and BookGoSocial for providing me with this eARC.

Rating: 2 ★★
'Camera Ready' depicts a love triangle between VP of accounts at the agency Warren Mitchell & Partners, Jane Mercer, her classical violinist boyfriend Derek Lowell and Craig Keller - managing partner of another powerful advertising agency.

It follows Jane's exploration between love and desire and whilst her character was annoying at times, it was still authentic enough for me to keep reading to the end.

It was well written and made a decent one-time read.

It's 3.5  stars from me!
I really enjoyed reading this book. Very rarely do I pick up a book and snap into it right away, sometimes it takes me awhile to become engrossed in it. From the beginning, I wanted to know where this was going.

I am not sure if I would fully classify this read as a “love triangle” but I still loved it nonetheless. I enjoy strong female leads that are able to stand their ground no matter the circumstances and Jane really embodied that.
I really wanted to like this book, as there aren't that many about professional women and their work, not too centered on men. Unfortunately, this was not the book to deliver that. It seemed like a modern version of Mad Men (which was even referenced in the book!), but told from a woman's perspective. While I did like the fact that the protagonist wasn't Mary Sue and did make mistakes, there was just something missing in her and her friends descriptions. The characters did not seem real, I read it "as a book" and not something I could truly connect with. It also took good 40% of the book to set up the scene. I also found the clues too much in plain sight, so overall, it was quite predictable. However, with some changes this could make into a good tv show.
I recieved a free advance copy of this book.
The book took a little bit to get into.  I won’t say it’s boring but it was tough to really care about the characters at all.  Also I don’t like the way the orchestra playing boyfriend was retreated. All in all however it was well written and the booked flowed nicely. It gets 4 stars because I don’t think I’d ever re-read the book.
A dramatic fun read that keeps you on edge as you turn the pages, trying to work out what will happen. Great characters!

Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I REALLY liked this book!  Complex characters and plot. One of the unique aspects is that no one character is all good, or bad. Leaves you hanging as to what they're going to do throughout. Love the subject matter - advertising, LA, fashion, beautiful people all who have "issues" throughout. While some may look perfect, as the cover hints, very few are in this book. Great, fun, beach read but the characters are not brainless. Meaningful dilemmas and backstory makes this a must read.
I absolutely LOVED this book. It was both comedic and dramatic. It was a fast and fun read and gave me a peek into the world of L.A. advertising. The characters were incredibly real, and fantastically flawed. Jane Mercer's crush on the gorgeous, yet vicious Craig Keller is as believable as it is frustrating. We root for Jane to get what she wants in her professional and personal life. But, as many of us do, we make mistakes until we learn hard lessons. This book is about a young woman who must learn a hard lesson before she can forge ahead.
In "Camera Ready," Adele Royce has built a fun fictional world where villains abound. I highly recommend this novel and I can't wait to read the sequel.
The heroine was so annoying she was pining over a guy that was for the streets,while shevhad a loving boyfriend at home. It took her too long to get a backbone.However the dialogue was good .
A solid book! It saw funny and captivating!

Rating:  3/5

Synopsis:

Camera Ready offers a compelling version of a love triangle at its center, as L.A. executive Jane Mercer follows a tortuous path toward her version of the American dream.Jane finally has her life together.

She is vice president of accounts at the advertising agency Warren Mitchell & Partners. She has a stable long-term relationship with classical violinist Derek Lowell and a bright future full of family, close friends, and success.

But a surprise encounter with Craig Keller—managing partner of Keller Whitman Group and a powerful advertising magnate—stirs up emotions from her disastrous liaison with him two years earlier. This meeting and an unexpected photo of the two in a popular tabloid topples her secure world, threatening to destroy everything she’s worked to gain.
As Jane anxiously watches, Keller Whitman Group buys out her employer, resulting in the savagely handsome Craig becoming Jane’s new boss. In addition to his alluring yet reprehensible behavior, he now has authority and control over her.
Jane feels her autonomy stripped away as Craig ties her promotion to a consensual relationship with him. Worse still, Jane’s visceral attraction to him still burns, despite her wishes to keep him in her past.
Forced to face up to her emotional bondage to Craig, Jane must find inner strength to live with integrity—or risk sinking into the morass of decadence and greed that is Keller Whitman Group.

Thank you NetGalley for giving me an ARC!