Cover Image: I Love You, Blue

I Love You, Blue

'I Love You, Blue' with story and pictures by Barroux is a picture book about a lighthouse keeper's love of a particular whale.

One day at sea, a lighthouse keeper is caught in a storm and saved by a whale.  When he goes to look for the whale, he finds it has been affected by pollution.  He wants to help his new whale friend.

This is a simple but beautiful story to introduce young children to ecology.  The illustrations are simple and fun.

I received a review copy of this ebook from Flyaway Books and NetGalley. Thank you for allowing me to review this ebook.
Sweet and an eye-opening story about struggles of marine lifes.

This is a book that I would certainly read to my nephew and share to mothers out there. Short but meaningful.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
A gentle introduction to the impacts of plastic waste on our oceans.

For Libraries: A good fit for this summer's CSLP theme of Oceans of Possibilities.
Thanks to NetGalley to provide me with an advance copy of this book and thanks to Barroux

I'm sorry because of i red this last month and i did not make a feedback yet. However i was reading the book again to remember what's this story about.

One rescue leads to another in this charming story of friendship, revealing that care for the ocean and its inhabitants can lead to the well-being of all. With joyful simplicity, I Love You, Blue introduces the impact of plastic waste in the oceans and includes an author's note with facts about how whales and their habitat can be protected.

when i red this, i felt comfy, because of it tells us a story about the sea. even tho it was shorter and not my favorite of this year, well i guess so.

4.0
The boy and his boat have a mishap on the ocean. A great whale hears his cries and saves the boy. The next day the boy finds the whale is ill and discovers that the problem is all the plastic that was swallowed. This time it is the boy who does the saving by removing the plastic. At the end there is a page for adults to read with anyone who will listen to the need to save our fish and oceans by stopping the use of single use plastics. Excellent! The artistry of the illustrations is simple and puts the sentiment in greater position.
I requested and received a free temporary e-book on Adobe Digital Editions from Flyaway Books via NetGalley. Thank you!
I love this book. The illustrations the message it is all so perfect. I liked the tips  at the end of the book and I think children can really get this message. Beautiful book everyone should read.
I 100% loved this story and reading it with my son! We try to be sustainable and help clear our oceans, so this book was right up our alley! I absolutely loved the meaning behind it and how the little boy and Blue would help one another! Such a cute thing!
"I Love You, Blue" is a cute picture book for toddlers. It introduces kids to ocean pollution with its very simplistic solution, which can be used as a perfect spring board to teach the little ones about the effects of plastic pollution on all ocean and shore animals and humans who consequently consume marine animals.
In this sweet picture book with an important message, a young sailor in trouble in churning waters is saved by a big blue whale. The grateful sailor promises to visit the whale again the next day. After having trouble locating the whale, the sailor finds the whale deep in the water and feeling unwell. The sailor discovers that the whale’s belly is filled with plastic bags. He removes the bags, returning the favor to the whale. The story centers kindness and the importance of environmental stewardship. With its beautiful pictures and minimal but effective text, this will be a wonderful and accessible introduction to caring for the earth for young readers.
"I Love You, Blue" is a beautiful and important book that teaches children about the terrible debris that pollute our oceans.

The book begins with a sailor that is enjoying time on his boat until a big storm hits. Thankfully a big and beautiful whale named Blue comes and saves the sailor and his boat. The sailor returns home with the promise that he will see Blue the next day but when he goes to see him he can't find him. When he finally locates Blue, he can tell that the animal is very ill and he looks inside his tummy and finds the problem. Blue's stomach is full of plastic bags and it's making him sick. So just like Blue saved him, he removes the plastic from Blue's stomach and saves his life.
This is a great example for kids on how to treat our oceans and the animals in them. National Geographic says there are over 5 trillion pieces of plastic in the waters of the oceans and it's killing so many precious animals. This can easily be helped by instead of throwing plastics in the ocean or in landfills that could possibly lead to a body of water, we should recycle plastic once we are done with it. This not only saves our animals but it is also good for us.

Thank you Netgalley, the publisher, and author for letting me read this ARC for free. All opinions are my own and the information on ocean debris came from the national geographic website.
A good first introduction to plastic in the oceans and how it can impact whales. I would recommend this to primary teachers for their classrooms.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a book about friendship and being good stewards of the earth. I have already used it for picture book share.
I love you Blue echoes how our love for the ocean can be one sided. We love the majestic creatures of the sea but aren't willing to change our habits enough to give them healthy lives. The lesson here is a bit obvious and preachy with a "quick fix" at the end but is a good introduction to ocean preservation for young kids.
This is a Cute Children's book that I read with my twin boys. My boys love the little boat in this book. I really love that message in this book. I also found this book's pictures. I love the characters (the little boy and the whale) in this book. This is a really cute and fun book. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Flyaway Books) or author (Barroux) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
Loved the illustrations and message of this book, but found the story too disjointed without any real flow. It was a good starting point for talking about the importance of taking care of the earth, but it wasn't engaging enough for my 4-year-old to want to read more than once.
The artist Barroux takes on yet another environmental issue in this lovely book - the tons of plastic filling our oceans, and the horrifying effects all this trash is having on sea life. In this sweet story, a boater is saved from drowning by a friendly whale. And then, it is up to him to return the favor.

The illustrations are simple, yet very evocative.

We are left with this powerful message - Save our oceans. Save our whales.

A treasure for readers of all ages.
A charming story of friendship! Absolutely loved the illustrations in this book as well. This is a fantastic book for young readers on the hazards of plastic waste. I will definitely be adding this book to my children books collection!
I believe that every reader should make space in their reading lives for picture books and this book sealed the deal. I Love You, Blue is a gorgeous picture book that dazzles the eyes as well as it does the mind. It's simple, yet powerful, storyline reminds readers of their responsibility to care for our oceans and the animals within it. The author's note at the end is the perfect addition since readers will likely be inspired to take action.
I Love You, Blue

Sometimes help comes out of the blue.

This is a poignant story about a little boy caught in a storm; when “the ocean roars and rages” he cries for help and is rescued by a whale named Blue. One day when Blue does not come, the child dives into the ocean to find him. When Blue opens his mouth to say “AAAH”, the boy discovers a “belly full of bags”, which the child works to haul away, rescuing the whale in return.
 “Save our oceans. Save our whales.” is the final message, and the author concludes with a page that offers suggestions on minimizing the use of plastic and a list of websites to extend learning and action.

The charming illustrations are simple and sweet; the text is spare and authentic as it gently conveys the importance of caring for the earth and all living things, particularly ocean creatures threatened by plastic pollution. The blues of the whale, the ocean, and the earth subtly reinforce the interconnectedness of all things.

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for this honest review
This is a very cute book between both the story and the illustrations.  The book is a quick and cute story about treating the ocean and the animals that live in it well.  I think the illustrations do a great job of adding value and really making the story come alive.  I think this book would be great for elementary students.