Cover Image: Sunday at the Sunflower Inn

Sunday at the Sunflower Inn

Really great vibes. Love the slow, dreamy pace and the real sense of place that you get. It's not a hyperrealistic
 modern love story, it's definitely got the hazy sheen of rose-colored glasses and perfectly lit movie scenes, so if that's what you're in the mood for it'll probably hit the spot. A relaxing porch read for sure. Very charming indeed.
Honey Creek is the kind of town I would love to live in. There's usually always something going on. It's the kind of place where you can find what you're looking for.  It might be redemption, love, second chances or home.

Each visit to Honey Creek gives you hope for the residents or visitors searching for what they need in their lives.

A great addition to the series.
Honey Creek has become one of my favorite places to visit. These sweet stories are always wonderful and Sunday at the Sunflower Inn may have become my favorite of the series so far! I love that this is a book about a town, multiple love stories in the making, and various characters intertwined that feel like friends and family. When you meet a new one, you know you won't have to say goobye at the end of the book, as long as there's another Honey Creek book in the works. I also adore how there's always a touch of mystery happening in this quaint little town.

In this particular visit to Honey Creek, you get to know Jam and Tucson, Melody and Mike, McCoy and his family (and the charming vet he wants to know better), and so many others! You'll visit old friends, see Pecos become sherif. And, most importantly, you'll be cheering for every single one of them - wanting to know if they all find their happy in life and love to fill their hearts.

If it's your first visit to Honey Creek or a return one, you won't regret picking up this book!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for an ARC on exchange for my honest review.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.  This book is set in Honey Creek a town in Tx and is the fourth of the series.  Each book is a stand-alone.  The characters are your friends and the author has a way of making the reader feel like a part of the town. Love these books and the author.
Visit the town of Honey creek and delve into the lives and loves of the residents. Jessica McKenzie has fulfilled her dream of owning the best restaurant around but has no love life. McCoy Mason is involved in a car wreck that ends his chances for a new job and must come to Honey Creek to recoup at his grandfathers. Charles H Winston III is hoping to find romance with one of the lovely ladies he lunches with regularly.
Jessica Ann “Jam” McKenzie is the owner of the local restaurant and it’s Valentine’s Day. She wants to have man in her life. Sergeant Tucson Smith has returned home to celebrate his youngest brother becoming Sheriff. Melody Avendale & Private Michael Alderton come to Honey Creek as a getaway only to start an unintentional murder investigation. McCoy Mason moved to Texas to start a new job when a car accident changes his life forever. He finds himself on his grandfather’s farm recuperating and just may find himself in the middle of a land war. Charles H. Winston decides it’s time to change the monthly lunch dynamics. Together these new and old citizens of Honey Creek will make their future come to life. They’ll find that dreams can come true when you decide it’s time to look toward the future and Sunday at the Sunflower Inn.

Sunday at the Sunflower Inn is the next book in Jodi Thomas’s Honey Creek series. She brings together former, new and existing citizens of Honey Creek as they interact with each other around the local restaurant. The owner is feeling lonely on Valentine's Day and working all the time. When a man comes out of the river it just may change their lives forever. Sunday at the Sunflower Inn has a murder mystery, a runaway girl, a new couple in town, and a couple whose instant attraction just change their lives forever. As these characters interact and come together to solve a murder and a land take over. Couples just find forever relationships as the reveal their dreams for the future. Jodi Thomas’s Honey Creek story Sunday at the Sunflower Inn will be a must read for fans and has romance, suspense a little humor with a senior citizen uprising. A wonderful story with some characters that may have some little quirks and an unexpected connection to each other.
In this charming story of the sweet town of Honey Creek, there are multiple storylines that connect to each other. Jodi Thomas does a wonderful job of explaining falling in love from the viewpoints of a teenager, a senior & others in between.  This town symbolizes small town love & acceptance. In Honey Creek, you are welcomed in with open arms & you never go away hungry!
I loved getting to know the wonderful characters in Sunday at the Sunflower Inn. Jodi Thomas has written a novel about 3 couples in 3 different stages of life: Mr. Winston and Miss Lilly in their twilight years; Tucson and Jam in their 30s; and Michael and Melody who are just starting their adulthood lives. All 3 couples have their own stories, yet each is interwoven into the larger world of Honey Creek. This small town, created by Jodi Thomas, is one worth getting to know. The peacefulness of small town living is peppered with unique characters, where the seniors go skinnydipping and stage a sit-in. Take the time to read Sunday at the Sunflower Inn and spend a few hours in Honey Creek!
5 stars
Sunday at the Sunflower Inn by Jodi Thomas is a feel-good romance, totally clean.  I love Thomas' romances. The characters are always widely disparate and there are usually three or more stories going on at once; sometimes they meet at intersections, sometimes not. This story is typical: McCoy Mason has had a bad month. He crashed his car and was in the hospital for three weeks; his girlfriend took the moving van and his stuff back to Georgia; and the job couldn't wait. Now he had a couple hundred bucks, no car, no job, nowhere to sleep. He had a grandfather he'd never met in  Honey Creek. Why not? He couldn't be worse off than he was. His grandfather was a crusty old guy, but they got along. He met the local vet one night. She dropped off medication for Pops' donkeys when she could, saving him the trip. She also subbed for the local doctor when he was away, and vice versa. Mr Winston was a great old guy, 67, who decided he'd like to be engaged. He came in to the Honey Creek Cafe once a month with three ladies, walked them home, dropping two of them first and then travelled on with Miss Lilly Lamb, who had been the pharmacy assistant for 43 years before she retired. He asked her if she's like to be engaged, and she said yes, but there would have to be some rules. And so it went, everybody moving at their own pace.

It is a story about lonely people, families split apart, young love and elderly love, fairies and donkeys, and rude developers. Whatever kind of story you are looking for, you will find it in this book. People nearly die, are thought to be dead, and anticipate death after a long life. It is a heart-warming book full of feels and desires to kick someone's behind.; sometimes the same person. I love Thomas' books. They are so clear-cut and free of nonsense. Reading it will make your day. It's perfect.

I was invited to read a free e-ARC of Sunday at the Sunflower Inn by Kensington, through Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are mine. #netgalley #kensington #jodithomas #sundayatthesunflowerinn
This is a 5 star read, very well written and interesting. The characters seem real and well described, I am sure thast most people will love this book.

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this e ARC
I want to move to Honey Creek...

It's one of my favorite places to return to. It feels like a step back to a quieter time even though the stories are set now and their problems are still complex. And, as usual, there were not just one situation and set of lovebirds in this novel. Each plot line was unique, featuring a variety of characters, and all coming together to intertwine…

Jam was living her dream even as she felt her other wishes and hopes were going to go unfulfilled. Until a handsome, cranky stranger landed on her doorstep, that is. Tucson was a man passing through, cranky as anything, and shouldn’t have been what she was looking for. This was Honey Creek though and anything was possible…

McCoy had his own problems, including the loss of everything he’d hoped would be his fresh start. Finding family was unexpected, shocking and welcome. Sort of. Baylor became his helpmate, his love, and more family to cherish… Mike and Melanie were young, finding and navigating first love through family determined to keep them apart. Charles and Lily provided a touching glimpse into love in older age, providing an old-fashioned view of courtship that didn’t hide the devotion that lay beneath…

A mystery pulled them all together yet love was the glue. Another sweet, gentle and completely absorbing read filled with wonderful characters in a place I could only hope was real…
Sunday at Sunflower Inn by Jodi Thomas is a terrific story.  There are actually three stories going on in or near the small town of Honey Creek.  All are well written and are intertwined in this small town.  The story is full of romance, laughter, and a bit of suspense.  This author is a terrific storyteller, and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Thank to NetGalley for the advanced copy in exchange for my review.
This book tell the story of Mike and Melanie, Jam and Tucson, McCoy and Baylor and Mr Winston and Lily. I love the story of Mr Winston and Lily the most. Love to see how they explore the one side that they haven’t done. Their story are just too sweet to read :)

As the same with earlier books, this book has several storylines and the character will flow into one at the end of the book. It also have a mystery and I love how the people in Honey Creek came together to solve it. Overall, I love the way the author bring together stories from different characters at different stage in life.
Sunday at Sunflower Inn by Jodi Thomas is the fourth book in the Honey Creek series. Ms. Thomas’ writing flows so well in this book and is so descriptive that I felt like I was with each character as they were living and loving throughout the book. A well-crafted plot, some mystery and intrigue, romance for all ages . But it all twine together by the end of the book making for a delightful read. . Don’t Miss this newest small town western romance.
This is the 4th book in the Honey Creek series.  Though I have not read the previous books, I had no issue reading this as a standalone read.
Sunday at the Sunflower Inn is certainly a character driven story!  You follow the life’s of four different couples that eventually intersect.
There are many laugh out loud moments, many sad moments and many uplifting moments.
A beautifully written story about friendships, family and relationships.
I truly fell in love with all the characters.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I have enjoyed all of Jodi Thomas’ contemporary and historical novels, and this one did not disappoint. Her stories are so character driven, and I love then all! I am giving this 4 stars because there were some slow spots in the plot for me.
Susan F's reviewApr 11, 2022  ·  edit
really liked it

When I started reading this book I thought it would be one of the rare ones I refuse to read. I thought I had picked out a story that was going to be filled the kind of descriptive action that makes me feel like a voyeur. (I was wrong, it is not!) Are there sexual relationships in the book? Yes, but they are, for the most part, 'off camera. Off page? So to speak.' Thank you author. There are sensual portions to the character's stories, written in good taste.
The entire book is well written and magnetic. When the potential mystery of a murder took place I was hooked. There are stories within the story that swirl around one another until it all blends together reflecting what life in a small town can be like. I laughed right out loud more that once at these richly detailed characters. Also felt emotion for them too. I can say I actually found that I cared about the characters, all of them, which is a nice surprise. I have to say I loved how the author had each character tell their story, even to showing the view point of each man. I appreciate that. It made everything more interesting. I also appreciate an author who has intelligent humor, descriptive writing and the ability to tell a story without using crass language.
I want to thank Zebra Books and NetGalley for the advanced reader's copy of this book. My rating is a 4.5 and I would definitely read more of Jodi Thomas' work.
2 likes
Sunday at the Sunflower Inn is the fourth book in the Honeycreek series and a slice of quintessential, small town southern fiction. This story follows four couples, of a variety of ages and personalities, and their individual stories. Each couple’s journey eventually comes together to complete a cohesive, heartwarming story.

This charming story has southern colloquialisms, a descriptive setting with a shared closeness of small town community, humorous commentary, a little mystery and a lot of romance with heartfelt everyday life issues. This story can be read as a standalone, but is best read in order as a series for a deeper connection to the other characters, town and shared history.

Thank you to NetGalley and Zebra Books for the digital advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Once again the author adds another great story to the Honey Creek series. Her characters come alive and it's amazing that there are actually 4 love stories happening at once. Alternating each chapter with a different couple's story might sound disjointed, but somehow it works, and magically I might add. It also lends itself to these characters appearing in future stories.

Jam and Tucson, Melody and Mike, Mr Winston and Lilly, and McCoy and Baylor have their lives unfold before our eyes and it's fun to have a front row seat!

I received a free ARC eBook from Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for my honest opinions.
This is a Women's Fiction/Romance, and this is the fourth book in the Honey Creek series. I have not read the first three books in this series. The author told this book in a weird way for me, and it took me a long while to get used to the way this book was told. There was so much going on and there was way to many storylines going on. This book was several storylines and character that merge into one at the end. I loved the end of this book, and I loved how all the storylines comes together. I do feel that this book felt award when moving for one storyline to the other storyline through out this book. I saw what this author was trying to do, but I guess this type of book is just not for me. This book does have some great characters, and I think I would loved this book so much if each storyline was a whole book of its own. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Zebra Books) or author (Jodi Thomas) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.