Cover Image: The Invite

The Invite

i so very much enjoyed this story. but you know its going to be good as author never lets her readers down. i think this one is the most twisty one you think you have got it but no. Kaitlen has such an adorable daughter Ruby but her ex husband  was a bully and a controller  .Kaitlen has met Greg and fallen in love her ideal man and have moved in together and her best friend Zoe is flying back to England for Kaitlen birthday. Kaitlen hopes her best friend and boyfriend will so like each over .Zoe has her own problems the man she has fallen in love with Daniel is married. the night of the party has arrived but Katilen and Zoe fall out she flees the party am not saying no more but so addictive and twisty all not as it seems
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, Bookouture  and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

You won’t want to put this one down. It’s thrills and chills from beginning to end.
Synopsis:
After a really bad experience with men, Kaitlin thinks she's finally found The One. Greg even organized the birthday party of her dreams for her. But when she wants to introduce him to her best friend, Zoe, both start acting weirdly - as if they both thought the other was up to no good. Kaitlin, defending Greg, and Zoe, get into a big fight and Zoe rushes off - not to be seen again ...

My thoughts:
This was a gripping, fast-paced thriller that really kept my attention. I really felt for Kaitlin and Zoe and could understand them in every naive kind of way, and I also loved how the concept of family was displayed in this book. However, with the friend going missing, several people not being who they said they were, several acts of jealousy, and a child going missing, there was a little bit too much going on for my liking. It would have been perfect if every one of these events would have gotten a separate novel with wholly new characters, if that makes any sense!

Parts of this book reminded me of:
- Missing Daughter by Kiersten Modglin
-The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle
OMG! A read once started I didn't want to put down. Zoe is back from Portugal having lost her job and most things in her life. She was in a relationship and then found out not only was he married but he has children. Daniel, like others, had lied to her and even worse she thinks he is stalking her. She comes back to her friend's birthday party where she is introduced to Kaitlins new man Greg. When Katilin announces they are getting married and that she is pregnant Zoe is very protective and thinks she is leaping too quickly- something learnt from her own experiences. They argue and Zoe leaves abruptly. Kaitlin sends Greg after her so that she can apologise. They learn soon after that Zoe has gone missing and Greg hasn't exactly been truthful and that Daniel has been constantly calling her- he is in the area. What has happened to Zoe and just who is telling the truth?
Oh wow! This is a brilliantly written fast paced read- a real page turner. I took to Zoe and Kaitlin - the characters came across well and although perhaps a little naive in life- they acted as you would expect them to in the situation.Different chapters are narrated by several of the characters giving differing perspectives. Wonderfully portrayed tensions and emotions kept me enthralled. This is my first book by this author and I would have no hesitation at reading her others. In fact please sign me up now for the next one! A thrilling gripping read. Stunning.
#blogtour
Not for me, no jaw-dropping twist at the end that was convincing... and then there were others things that confused me:

In the first scene with Ruby and her mom sitting on the bed, the girl is called Poppy;

There is a witness of a woman being molested in the middle of the night, but he doesn't think of calling the police;

Lots and lots of monologues for several characters, rethinking their past, their mistakes, their guilt.
I absolutely loved this book, I didn’t know where it was going, it kept me really intrigued right up until the last page, what I love in a good thriller! I have pre-ordered this and I’m really excited to get my proper copy.
Good book!  Great thriller! This book had suspense, action, intrigue, and a great who done it! The storyline was very interesting and flowed nicely! I will definitely recommend reading this one! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
I’ve loved all of Sheryl Browne’s books and this one is no exception! The main character is really likeable and I was drawn into her life with all the twists and turns that came with it. This is a definite page turner and I read it in 2 days!
Thank you to the author, publisher and Netgalley for the advance copy in return for an honest review
Vulnerable woman ✔️
Hovering fiancé ✔️
Missing people ✔️
Unanswered questions ✔️
Lots of action and fast paced narrative ✔️
This book has all,the components that made me want to read it. It’s a story within a story wrapped up in yet another story. Broken promises, lies, deception, and jealousy all wreak havoc on the characters’ lives. Be carful whom you invite into your life.
“The Invite” by Sheryl Browne is a mystery/thriller book. The story starts out following Kaitlin, a single Mum, who is hoping that her finance, Greg, and her best friend, Zoe, like each other. From the onset of her birthday party, Kaitlin feels that Zoe and Greg might know each other from somewhere, but she’s uncertain how or why. After the party, Zoe goes missing. So far, so good - but once Zoe has disappeared, the story expands to including a number of characters - including Zoe’s boyfriend, the boyfriend’s wife, Kaitlin’s parents, two police detectives - and it became a bit overwhelming with different chapters changing their speaker (and POV) and a number of red herrings and twists that at times it just became overwhelming and difficult to follow. This was a quick read and very twisty, but at times I kept wondering “where is this going and how will it resolve?” The resolution I found okay, though after such a build-up the last chapter moved so quickly that the epilogue really helped fill in some details I missed. I would read another book by this author (I think this one is her tenth), which is high praise.
Intense, scary thriller.  I really enjoyed the twist interns of this book.  I especially like the main character but the story was my favorite part. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that likes a thriller.
“Betrayal and unrequited love can lead people to all sorts of madness”.

This is the running theme of this book. There were many characters and multiple storylines, so I found myself going back to at times to remember who the characters were. One of the twists got me good, the others eh. It was all around an ok read. Good one to pass the time.

Newly engaged Kaitlin is thrilled that it is finally the night of her party. Although Kaitlin and her fiancé Greg moved quickly with their relationship, she’s confident that he is the one. They agreed to elope. She cannot wait to introduce her new fiancé to her lifelong bestie Zoe.

Things get weird when Zoe and Greg finally meet. Do they already know each other? Zoe starts downing alcohol, and after an unpleasant conversation between herself and Kaitlin, Zoe storms off.

Days go by and Kaitlin receives a surprise knock on her door; Zoe is missing.

What transpires next is a series of emotionally charged events. Do you ever really know someone? Can you trust another person completely?

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.