Cover Image: The Invite

The Invite

I made up my mind to read all Sheryl Browne's books and so excited when I received the ARC copy of the book.

Kaitlin is engaged to Gregory Walker and have a party. She has invited her best friend, Zoe who is living in Portugal. Zoe meanwhile had an affair with a man named Daniel who turned out to be a married man. She then comes to England to attend her friend's party. But at the party, Gregory looked shifty and Zoe asked Kaitlin and warns about Gregory. Kaitlin and Zoe had a fight which resulted in Zoe leaving the party.  But on the next day, the police come knocking on the door--Zoe has gone missing. Is her fiance responsible for her disappearance?

This had multiple characters and multiple plotlines so initially it was slightly confusing. However, it wasn't until the end that you find that there's some sort of connection between the characters and the plots of the story. Despite multiple characters, I found the story fast paced, with some twists and turns, with multiple suspects that may have a role in Zoe's disapperance. Initially, you are left slightly confused but towards the middle, the story starts building and gradually, there is a drama towards the end. The ending was slightly unexpected. Nonetheless, this was unputdownable and I actually stayed up all night reading the book.

Kaitlin is a complex character who was in an abusive relationship before and so it makes perfectly sense why she seemed to be fidgety. Her friendship with Zoe was briefly outlined although the author gives us a sense that they are really good friends.

Overall, this was an enjoyable thriller that you wouldn't want to put down--if you like drama in a thriller, then this book is one for you--worth four stars!

Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for the ARC. The review is based on my honest opinion only.
The invites went out weeks ago, and tonight, at a lavish manor house surrounded by friends and family, Kaitlin couldn’t be happier. But as the champagne corks pop, her dream party becomes her worst nightmare…

This was an alright read but I have to be honest that it would not have bothered me if I had not finished it, but I did. I wasn't particularly taken by the 'twists' in the story and I found some of the characters rather one dimensional and was not drawn to any of them. The book also moves from person to person and also different time frames which I do not think added  to the authenticity of the book. This could be just me in this instance, normally I am a fan of Sheryl Brown's books and have read many which is why I requested this one.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
I'm sorry, this book wasn't for me. I struggled to care about any of the characters because they were incoherent. Characters can be nuanced but these characters were just so confusing and inconsistent that they became hard to follow. There were too many storylines that just convoluted the story and made it hard to follow as well. I live for thrillers with twists and turns but there is a thing as doing too much because it's hard to execute them well. The author is clearly an excellent writer but I didn't like the plot on this one. Thanks for the advance review copy.
“…jealousy can drive people to great acts of despair…is often a driving force for murder…betrayal and unrequited love can lead people to all sorts of madness…”

It’s the big night of her birthday party, and all the invites had been sent. Kaitlin will finally be seeing her best friend again, and she can’t wait to tell her the good news of her engagement. But when Zoe shows up, she doesn’t seem to warm up to her fiancé Greg. In fact, Zoe warns her dear friend that there is something “off” about him. Where is his family? Friends? What does Kait actually know about him? Taken aback by what she perceives as jealousy over her happiness, Kaitlin lashes out…words are said that can’t be taken back, and Zoe flees heartbroken and crying into the night. When Kait cools down, she realizes that Zoe was just trying to look out for her as she has always done in the past. Too bad Kait didn’t do the same, because Zoe has vanished, and there are signs of foul play. Who could possibly want to hurt Zoe? And could she have been right about her warnings about Greg?

Ever watch a horror movie and find yourself screaming at the girl being chased by the killer? “Don’t run up the steps! Go out the door!” “Seriously?! What are you thinking?” This is exactly how I thought about Kaitlin’s character! I wanted to reach in the book and just shake the stupid right out of her! Ugh! Her naiveté was exhausting…but I guess that’s good writing in making me dislike the character so much. THE INVITE is an enjoyable mystery told from various points of view until the very end when all is revealed. Would recommend to fans of this genre.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. **
Thanks NetGalley, Bookouture and Sheryl Browne for an ARC to review.
Another captivating page turner by Sheryl Browne.

When her best friend went missing, her world begins crumbling down.
A gripping page turner you won't drop till the end.
I really wanted to like this book. It started great and interesting. As I read more the story became confusing and hard to follow. I'm so sorry. Thanks to NetGalley, publisher and author, for the review copy of this book.
I felt that there was just too much going on in The Invite and too many characters to really enjoy the book. I actually had had high hopes for this book with the plot sounding very intriguing; however, with so many storylines and characters, I just couldn't connect with the book. Zoe and Adam were my favorite POVs, and I did somewhat enjoy their storylines. There were several twists/surprises, but again, with so much going on, I wasn't able to really appreciate them. This was a 2-2.5 star read for me.
This book started off well. Kaitlin and Greg are in a fairly new, though moving quickly relationship. Zoe, Kaitlin’s best friend is coming back to the UK for her birthday party and to meet Greg. There is a cross word at the party and when Zoe goes missing, Kaitlin starts to question how well she knows Greg.
Sounds intriguing does it? My problem was how many characters there are (some referred to as multiple names) and how the book flipped between different times from different people over each chapter. It was just so hard to follow the story and although I finished the book I did have to go back and read bits again to try and figure out the ending.
I have read books told over different points of view and periods of time many times before but this one confused me and that had an effect on my ability to follow the story and know what was happening.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
My Review:
What a fun and enjoyable roller coaster ride this book was!!!!! I never wanted it to end. I loved every minute of this one. This book had it all. One minute I was shocked. Another  minute I was sad and then finally there was complete happiness in the end. The one common emotion in this book though was jealousy. It really got me thinking how that one single emotion can ruin someone’s life. It’s a very hard emotion to get over. Once it is there it just never seems to go away no matter what you do or how hard you try. I have read several of Sheryl Brownes books and I have loved them all. Once you picked up one of her books you will be hooked just like I am. I can’t wait to read her next book. Hopefully I won’t be waiting too long.

In conclusion, the plot, the characters and all the twists in this book made this book an enjoyable read. I would definitely recommend it and happily give it 5 Hearts❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
The Invite is a  racy and twisty thriller with multiple story lines and perspectives.  This is a highly enjoyable read, and full of action and suspense.

I received a complimentary copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Amazing book. Kaitlin’s life is finally coming together. Or is it? Her long time friend Zoe has returned from Portugal. Zoe disappears from a lavish birthday party put on by Greg, Kaitlin’s fiancé. Lots of twists and turns. That is all I will say. Just read the book. I highly recommend it. Thanks to NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book.
If you're a thriller fan, Sheryl Browne will never dissapoint.!

Right from the first chapter I had a bad feeling about one of the main characters and just couldn't put my finger on why. The suspense was incredible, I couldn't read fast enough to find out what really happened and who to believe.

Once again Browne flourishes, writing sneakily interwoven timelines, pointing you in one direction before pulling the rug out from under you. Even in the last few pages there are still suprises.
I really enjoyed this book it was gripping and unpredictable and kept me guessing right until the end. Perfect for readers that love thrillers.
This was a compelling read full of intrigue and suspense. There were lots of twists and turns to keep me guessing.
This was exactly what I expect from a new Sheryl Browne , fast paced , lots of action , several suspects and red herrings and I absolutely love it .
The story is told from several points of view but mainly Kaitlin who is happy in a fairly new relationship after leaving her abusive husband with the support of her best friend Zoe . When Zoe is less than enamoured with Kaitlin's new partner they argue , Zoe storms off and goes missing . Is it connected , or is it something to do with Zoe's latest flame who had turned out to be married . Really good as usual and i would recommend
Wow another brilliant book by this author. Lots of intrigue and twists and turns with an unexpected ending . Loved the characters and the suspense of the story . Definitely 5 starts from me for this book
Kaitlin is newly engaged to Greg. She’s not known him long but he seems like such a catch -  perfect for Kaitlin and her daughter Ruby.  Kaitlin's engagement party is here and Kaitlin is so excited to introduce her best mate Zoe to her new finance - however, things don’t go according to plan as Greg is acting shifty and  Zoe seems really despondent -
The same evening Zoe goes missing - Greg couldn't have anything to do with disappearance could he?
With secrets and lies the turns keep coming in this story - a great fast-paced read.
When your heart has been broken by a man who manipulated you from day one, you promise yourself one thing: never again! You know the signs now and you are convinced alarm bells will go off once you meet someone trying to do this to you again.

Love is blind as the saying goes and it’s true. Once you fall in love it’s seems like your radars shut down and all you feel is the warmth of the love they surround you with.

When someone close to your heart points this out, you fall out. You are convinced that jealousy or whatever ugly feeling wants to keep you from your happy ever after. But was that person so wrong…?

Little by little you have the scales fall from your eyes and doubt creeps in.

There are a lot of characters in this book, but it was never confusing to remember who was who. A lot of characters means you can offer the reader a lot of suspects or people acting weird.

This story is like a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle where a box full of individual pieces (the different actions and clues) come together into a great and very enjoyable result. 5 stars

I really enjoyed The Invite. Brown did an outstanding job with this story.
This book is brilliant! In the beginning it was hard to pin down what was going on, full of twists and turns and intricacies with characters whose lives were all linked surprisingly.
Honestly, it was so entertaining it'll be hard to move onto another book that isn't as gripping.
It’s a story that kept me turning pages, anxious to find out what happened and what would happen. And the ending. Wow. I was left thinking about it for days after I’d finished the book.

Bookouture,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!
I will post my review closer to pub date.
I have mixed feelings about this book.  It started well, the opening chapter was particularly compelling, but I felt it descended into a rather predictable trot towards the end.  A shame - I felt it had potential to be so much better.