Cover Image: Resurrection

Resurrection

***4 Stars***

I’ve enjoyed the author’s Verona Bay series, so I decided to give this one a go as well. And though this one did start off a bit slow for me, once Skye and Colt reunited the pace picked up and I was all in until the very end.

I adored Skye and Colt. They are both highly intelligent, protective, stubborn and care deeply about those they call their own and go to extremes to ensure their happiness. I loved watching as they reconnected and how everything played out because it showed just how much they knew, loved and respected who each other was and I was really happy with how things ended up for them.

This really was a fun read overall. I obviously loved Skye and Colt, but what kicked things up a notch for me was how involved Colt’s friends became and therefore got to know them and became invested in all of them. I don’t have a favorite, though Mary Grace is freakin’ amazing, but I am definitely going to be getting my hands on all the books in the series!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
This was an amazing book to start this series!  Skye is tough as nails and 100% gone foe Colt.  Colt knows he has finally found the one for him.  She gets him and understands his job like no other.  Colt is completely heartbroken when he looses Skye.  He is determined to find out what happened to her and has a little hope that maybe she isn’t gone.  Skye did the hardest thing she has ever had to do in her life, fake her own death.  In doing so she can’t be with Colt and it is tearing her up inside.  She was raised to be tough and to never let anything stop you.  She is using that to keep going and to make sure that the people she loves stays safe.  Will all of this pain and heartache be for nothing when she has to step in and help with a situation?  Will Colt and Skye find there happy ever after?
Kick butt heroine, alpha protector hero. Need I say more? Faking her death was just the beginning for this pair. This book pulled me in from the very beginning and sets up future books in the series nicely. I love a book series where the characters are all a family even if it's not by blood. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
NetGalley ARC Educator 550974

I could not put this down. It is the first within a series. You will be drawn in by a longing love and salvation. Ms. Trust continues to amaze and tantalize her readers. You won't want to put it down.
A big thank you to NetGalley and KR Press LLC for the ARC.  I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  This is a series, and I have read several of them.  It is such a great series, I truly just enjoy these books.  So much fun.  This is an edgy, fun read with lots of action.  A group of unusual friends, who become a family, with all the drama that family brings.  Just made me laugh and ok cry.  Over the top I imagine, but totally fun and worthwhile to read.  4.5 stars
Resurrection by Katie Reus features Skye and Colt. I really liked the story and enjoyed the scenes. Great job@!
ARC received for review

Skye and Colt were together, but then she faked her death. Now years later she saves his friend. He is so not happy with her, but of course, true love wins in the end.
Ohhh wow! What an awesome series! But I expected no less from this author. She brings romance, suspense and the right amount of action to all her books. Skye was so in love with Colt that when she faked her death, it left a huge hole in their hearts. But when she finds a way to maybe lessen his suffering just a bit she takes it! When Colt runs into someone he though long dead, can he keep her from disappearing again?

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own
I read this book in 2017 when it first came out. I liked it so well that I bought the other books in the series. This is one of my favorite authors
I really like Katie Reus, but many of her contemporary romantic suspense novels have been shy of five stars for me,  usually because they are either too short or they don't have enough of the promised suspense for me. Resurrection though? Happy, happy sigh! This novel checked ALL my boxes and left me inpatient for the second novel in this new series.

Skye and Colt are perfectly matched heroes whose love story started before this story began. CIA operatives, they worked together frequently; it wasn't long before they started a red-hot relationship. Skye found herself in a spot of trouble, however, and to keep Colt and his beloved family of friends safe, she had to fake her own death. Six months later the two come face to face while rescuing a friend (separate, personal missions), and Colt isn't going to let her out of his sight again. The two work with several of Colt's friends to bring down the baddie that threatens them all and who was responsible for Skye disappearing six months prior.

Skye and Colt are both total badasses who also manage to show vulnerability. The fact that they love each other already takes that particular plot point out of the way; more time can be spent on them ensuring they have a future. Skye is smart and resourceful and never falls victim to the "for a woman" caveat. Colt is equally competent, but he also respects the hell out of Skye; he doesn't have to go all alpha to prove his masculinity.

In short, squeeee! I can't wait for book 2!

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks
I volunteered to read and review through Netgalley Resurrection . This story is action packed and Suspenseful from start to finish . I absolutely enjoyed every page . CIA Agent Skye Arevalo faked her own death and left behind the love of her life Colt Stuart . She steps up when one of Colts best friends Mary Grace is captured by Cartel . Skye rescues Mary Grace but during their escape Skye comes face to face
with a very shocked and angry Colt who wants answers . Colt will do everything and anything to protect the love of his life . Both Skye and Colt are tough and kick butt Agents . Skye is sensational . I absolutely love her . I look forward to reading more in this series . I highly recommend taking the time to read such an amazing story .
Excellent CIA book.   Colt was CIA and heard rumblings that his friend's wife was really alive and had been kidnapped by the cartel in Mexico.  Mercer was having a real hard time dealing with his wife's death, so if it was true that she was alive, he was going to go in and get her.  Except someone got there ahead of her.  This story had two couples reunited and in love, a rogue CIA agent taken down and lots of suspense and drama.  A very good read.
I got this book from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review
I enjoyed this second-chance romantic suspense.  Skye faked her own death to protect Colt, only to be found out when she had to rescue one of his friends from a Mexican cartel. Steamy, suspenseful, action-packed and a great group of characters. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading others in the series.
First in series! Back at the beginning with Skye and Colt and the rest of the crew. I’ve always liked the banter between these two, and I can now say I’ve read their story. Glad I came back to this series, always a good romantic suspense from Katie Reus!
From the first page I was hooked and read straight through.  Superb world building and the characters are a delight.  Our lead protaganists scald the pages with their off the charts relationship.  I am hoping the friends will have their own books as they develop their business to rescue those most in need.
I am off to find book 2!  With thanks to #NetGalley and #K R Press LLC for the free read
I loved this suspenseful book filled with romance and intrigue. The characters are intelligent, strong and devoted to each other. There's plenty of room for growth with more books and I eagerly await them.
Resurrection by Katie Reuss
Redemption Harbor #1

Action-packed romantic suspense that sets up a new-to-me series by an author I love to read!

What I liked:
* Skye: strong, capable, lethal, ex-CIA agent, faked her death to keep the man she loves safe
* Colt: CIA operative, strong, intelligent, lethal, strong, protects those he cares for, loves Skye
* Mary Grace: physician, kidnapped by a cartel, friend of Colt’s, married to Mercer, a good woman who loves her husband, Mercer
* Mercer: another friend, retired professional football player, businessman, pizza maker extraordinaire
* The childhood friends of Colt’s that will become the nucleus of a team and no doubt each have books of their own in the series – admirable and intriguing!
* The bond between Skye and Colt
* Colt’s father…wonder if he will end up in the future stories and might have a book of his own
* The way the cartel was handled and who came out on top
* The way the blackmailer was dealt with…definite twist there
* Knowing that there are more books in the series

What I didn’t like:
* Exactly who and what I was meant not to like – Rafael, Gianni, and knowing that others like them exist in the world

Did I enjoy this book? Yes
Would I read more in this series? Yes

Thank you to NetGalley and the author for the ARC – This is my honest review.

4-5 Stars
This is the intro and prequel to the Redemption Harbor series and the characters. But this book is about Mary Grace, Colt and Skye and it is seriously a tear jerker and you will root for these guys.

I loved reading this from the beginning to the end and cannot wait to read it again.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Colt is super focused and intense, Skye does her own thing with no excuses, and together they are unstoppable.

Skye, a very proficient CIA agent, left the Agency and faked her own death to protect the love of her life and his friends. Colt is still struggling with Skye’s death months after it had happened. He gets the shock of his life when it turns out the woman who rescued his good friend from a Mexican drug cartel is none other than Skye.

Katie Reus is fast becoming one of my favorite romantic suspense writers. It started with Silent Protector and I was very excited to read Resurrection. And it’s part of a series, so even better. I really enjoyed the diverse cast of characters, Skye and Colt’s complete dedication to each other and their jobs, the fast-paced action, and the intriguing plot. It wasn’t a stay-up-all-night read for me, it was more a ignore-my-family-during-the-day read. I couldn’t put it down. If you like romantic suspense, you can’t go wrong with this book.

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This review is also posted on my blog at https://hookedbythatbook.com