Cover Image: Tiny Travelers Nigeria Treasure Quest

Tiny Travelers Nigeria Treasure Quest

Tiny Travelers Nigeria Treasure Quest is the latest addition to this beautiful, fun and educational series for children. I have read a few of these books so far and love them! Not only do they allow young readers to explore the world but they teach about other cultures, traditions and foods and so much more. Each book includes a map of the country it is exploring and the treasure quest itself is simple but fun. These would make a great series for any classroom library or even for a child to do on a plane going on holiday or visiting one of these locations in the series.
We love these so much. We always look forward to learning about new places and this book introduced us to Nigeria. As with all the Tiny Travelers books, the illustrations were so good! They were colorful, incredibly detailed and they just grab your attention so well. We loved learning about the food, the celebrations and all the neat things that Nigeria has to offer. This is another great book for kids to learn about the world. Definitely recommend!

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Tiny Travelers Nigeria Treasure Quest is a new instalment in the series about country studies. The book has several beautiful and intriguing pictures of the land, food, buildings and culture of this country. There are small and large maps of the country and the world as well as information about the capital, currency, population, culture and food from this region. There are several "did you know" facts as well as detailed descriptions on each page. I think this would be a great non-fiction book for students studying countries. As a grade 3 teacher I could definitely see this book in my classroom library. It is also great to know there are other books in the series! I would recommend this book for teachers and families of children in the 6-10 age range. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this great book!
Take your reader on an adventure in this amazing adventure nonfiction poetry book. I loved the rhymes, colorful illustrations, pop-up treasure quest challenges, Did You Know? tickets on each page, and it also had pronunciation guides for native words. The author made the book  very interactive and lively. This book celebrates the geography, culture, and tradition of the Nigerian people. There are spreads about food, sports, music, movies, festivals, geography, animals, and local markets. Readers will need to read other books to learn more about all that Nigeria has to offer. This is a great first book to learn about a new country and its people. I recommend for readers up to 10 years old. I can't wait to see what additional countries are featured in what is sure to become a very popular geography series. I will be adding this to the nonfiction section I have pulled for our K - 2 readers.
I'm always on the lookout for good, global books.  This title, the first I've read in the Tiny Travelers series, was surprisingly well-done.  It was very appropriate for younger children, ages 4-8, with fun details not usually included in books for this age, such as various people groups in the country, interesting sites, and of course, delicious looking food.  The drawings are cartoonish and the rhyming text is a bit forced.  The treasure hunt aspect also seemed very simple, geared towards readers in the lower age range, but adds some fun interactivity to the book.  From what I found online, the other books in the series includes some places that are not usually covered in books for this age range.  I particularly look forward to reading the book on Lebanon.  A good introduction to young global citizens, one that can fill a gap in libraries.
I love that these travel books are aimed at children, it helps them get excited for future adventures. It was cool learning about the different sites in Nigeria, it is a country I haven't been to and this book got me excited to visit in the future.
Nigeria, so far from where I reside. But after reading this book, I know more about the country, their love for football, their scrumptious foods, their carnival, the Afrobeat, and so many more. One book that makes you travel safely to other country.
A cute little book to introduce a child to different areas of the country. Pronunciation help for words that are new to the reader. get to explore and some facts about the country. The illustrations are nice.
Did you know there are over 500 languages spoken in Nigeria? This fact and many more are featured throughout this wonderfully, illustrated book. This was fun to read with my children and for myself because we learned a lot.
Thank you Netgalley and Encantos Media Studios for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.