Cover Image: After the Wedding

After the Wedding

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher of this novel for the E-Arc copy. I am rating this book based on my own personal opinion and was not given anything in return. I am not leaving a entire review because I read so many at a time that I physically cannot right now.
#AftertheWedding #NetGalley
What a fascinating and dramatic read this was! The lives of two women become intertwined in light of some very traumatic childhood memories floating to the surface.
I read this book in a few days and devoured it! It was a great thriller! It kept me guessing through the whole thing.  I am definitely a fan of Laura Elliot and cant wait for her to write more books!
You can never really hide; never really start a new life; never really cover all that you have done - not when it involves family.

This very cleverly written book had me hooked from the beginning until the very last page.
I was lucky to receive an advance copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and opinion.  The title of this book made me want to read it immediately and I'm so glad that I did.  I really enjoyed it so much and was kept on the edge of my seat until the very last page.  Just when you think you know what is going to happen, you are surprised with a big twist.
This book felt like a wasted opportunity to me. I was sucked in by the title and the premise but it didn't hold up to its promises.

I enjoyed the parts from Christine's perspective rather than Jessica's which were just really dull. When I found out where the story was headed as opposed to what was pitched in the synopsis it just fell really flat for me.

I feel that the writing was really choppy and all over the place to the point I had to keep flipping back and forwards to work out what was going on, not that I really cared as none of the characters were particularly likeable.

*Thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture and Laura Elliot for the copy of this book. All views are my own.*
I'm always a sucker for traces of psychology in thrillers that I read. However, After the Wedding didn't quite do it for me. Jessica's character was annoying and unlikable, which was almost enough for me to not want to finish the book.

I got a little bit lost in this book. At times, I was reading it just to finish it without truly understanding what was happening or who was talking.
Christine was 5 years old she was at her Aunt’s wedding in England when she went missing and was found soaking wet and unable to recall how she fell in to the river. When her parents ask what happened to her she says she doesn’t remember. What she didn’t realise is she was a witness to a terrible crime which had traumatised her so much that she had unknowingly buried it in her mind. Jessica lost her mother when she was just a baby, and her father took her to Cullain island to live with a lady called Margaret whom she came to think of as her mother, but one day her father takes her away from the island and leaves Margaret behind but she doesn’t know why,

Years later Christine is running a successful advertising company with her husband Richard. when Jessica applies and accepts a job with them, unbeknownst to the two women, their pasts are about to cross as they both discover secrets from their pasts are tied together  and their worlds are about to be turned upside down, but why and who is to blame?

The story line was gripping and was very fast paced which I like, the characters were relatable and the story was realistic. I enjoyed this book, but there wasn’t many twists in the story, and I found it quite easy to predict what was coming next. I did enjoy the book though, and read it in 2 days.

Many thanks for the pre read!
Amazing! Just amazing! Throughout the entire book I was on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next? I found myself actually thinking about the characters when I wasn't reading, and I had to get the book out again! So good!
After the Wedding by Laura Elliot was a book I could not put down and I loved it. I was hooked from the very first few pages till the end and ended up reading this book in two sittings. If you love psychological thriller's this is a book for you.
A beautiful little flower girl, a young girls dream to be one at a wedding. Christine Lewis who is five years old is a flower girl at her aunts Sharon's wedding. Looking all pretty in her special dress wonders off from the wedding. All that has been found is her dress which is lying on the floor. It's all wet and torn. Her shoes are no where to be found.

Where is she?

What happened when Christine was a flower girl at a wedding over three decades ago?

There was an accident, something terrible happened and is buried deep in her memory of the day of her aunt's Sharon's wedding. Christine has lost all memories of the this time and still can't remember what happened on that day. But, she knows something happened But What? .

Now as an adult, snippets what happened are coming back.

Christine is now an adult and is very happy. She's married to someone called Richard Stone who she met on the train. She has a successful career as an advertising agency which they run together. What can go wrong???

Until Christine takes on a new employee, something feels wrong with Jessica Newman, she seems to be perfect for the job and this proves helpful to everyone. Then, a rumour begins to circulate that could destroy everything Christine and Richard had built up together.

What is this rumour and why now?

Who is Jessica really?

How are they both connected? and how!?

Things around Christine starts to change.........WoW, this book is full of brilliant twists and turns that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat! I loved it.

The shocking truth of what happened at her aunt Sharon's wedding all those years ago, start to come out...........WoW!!!!!

I highly recommend this book! Its brilliant!

Thank you to NetGalley, the author Laura Elliot, and the publisher Bookouture for the ARC
I have read and enjoyed previous books by this author, and I was really looking forward to this one. It wasn’t what I expected, but it certainly didn’t disappoint.

This book is very cleverly plotted, in four parts, and it certainly drew me in with its complex and intriguing plot. Christine feels very threatened by Jessica when she meets her, but doesn’t know why. She is haunted by her memories from the past, but there doesn’t seem to be a logical connection.

The story is told from both characters’ points of view, and it’s clear that there’s more to Jessica’s past than meets the eye as the story unfolds.

When all the threads of the story begin to come together, it starts to make sense. It’s hard to know who to trust, and what the outcome will be.

I found myself completely absorbed by this book, and the tightly woven plot kept me riveted. Another excellent, engrossing read from this author.
This book kept me on the edge of my seat and I finished this book quickly.  The plot was a good pace although there were times when it dragged on.  I give this book 4 out of 5 stars!
Something bad happened when Christine Lewis was a young child and a flower girl at someone’s wedding, so bad she couldn’t recall it.
Her mind was aware of certain things but putting pieces together was almost and next to impossible.

It didn’t help in having an unsupportive husband.

I was going around in circles in my head. What? Who?

Then a woman named Jessica appears on the horizon and things happen.

It’s such a great twisty tale it was difficult for me to put the book down.

It was great from the first page to the last.
What a ride!
The plot proved interesting eventually but it was rather bogged down by what seemed to be endless angst from one of the main characters. It’s wasn’t much of a thriller but not a saga either so I’m puzzled what genre I would categorise it as. Just an ok read I was quite glad to get to the end.
This book seems to have a love/hate relationship with its readers and unfortunately I find myself on the side of not enjoying it but that is not to say you will feel the same
A slow start led to family drama mixed with enough surprises  to keep suspense  lovers happy! It’s a great spring read!
Can’t understand why this book isn’t rated five stars by everyone. Loved the story and the memory flashbacks were so real. I didn’t want to stop reading it. Found it really riveting and would recommend to my friends
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the chance to read After the Wedding. This was a gripping psychological thriller full of suspense and amazing plot twists!

I especially loved how the many layers of the story were peeled off slowly giving the reader more and more details about Christine's and Jessica's pasts. And I also loved that this book took place mostly in Ireland - a country I hope to visit again soon!

A solid four star read for me.
So this was different to what I thought it was going to be.  It wasn't a book that I wanted to read in one sitting,  I went in and out of the book but wanted to finish and I am glad that I did although I did find it very predictable.  I was really interested to see how it played out.

It wasn't really a physiological thriller but more of an unravelling of history and coincidences

This was my first book by this author but based on the reviews it wont be my last.

I was given an advance copy by netgalley and the publishers but the review is entirely my own.
Thanks to Netgalley, Laura Elliot and Bookouture for an ARC of After the Wedding in exchange for an honest review.

A psychological thriller packed with twists but also full of heart. I loved it because the story unfolds slowly but is well plotted and written, the characters are believable. The story gripped me from the very beginning. There were many twists and turns and strong emotional beat which kept me guessing and burning till the end. Up and down the story kept me at the edge of my seat!! Definiately It won't disappoint you and I would love to read more from this genius author. Highly recommended.