Cover Image: Clown in a Cornfield 2: Frendo Lives

Clown in a Cornfield 2: Frendo Lives

I loved the first one so much! I was beyond excited for this one. Unfortunately this one fell flat for me. I really wanted to love this one too, but it was a little to similar to the first one and it didn't have my attention like the first one did either. I will definitely still read everything that this author writes and I hope that the talk of this coming to Netflix is true. This would make a really great series or movie. Thanks to the publisher for my copy!
What: a KILLER follow up to “Clown in a Cornfield”
About: after the killings in book 1 finish, the broken cast of survivors returns and so do the clown killings.
Features: this is NOT some “kids book” that pulls away from intense scares, kills, and violence. While marketed as YA it's as impactful as any awesome slasher horror in existence.
Assets: the psychological trauma felt is almost its own character, examining the PTSD and life-altering after effects of gong through a life threatening ordeal.
Obstacles: may feel too real for some readers
Who it’s for: those who think Scream movies are lame.
This sequel was just as thrilling as book one! I really loved it and Adam Cesare really outdid himself in this thrilling sequel to the first novel. If you love books/movies with clowns, then you don't want to miss this one!
I first hear of Adam on TikTok and had to give him a try. I was not disappointed . I love the horror genre and this book was so fun and scary!
Clown in a Cornfield 2 was just as good as the first book as we continue to follow the survivors of the horrible massacre. Quinn, Rusty and Cole are all trying to find a sort of normal in their lives after what happened but the disbelieving audience online isn’t letting them forget what happened and everyone has a theory of what really went down when the clown attacked. Once they’re all brought back to Kettle Springs the nightmares begin again.

I didn’t think that the sequel could surpass the first book but it really did. I had such a great time following all the different points of view that kept switching between the survive trio and a few different towns people because it felt like the story was flying by with each change of POV. I felt like every time I would get comfortable with a character that the author would switch to a totally different POV and I would again be absorbed in the story. I really enjoyed how much scarier and suspense filled this one was compared to the first one as the main character go head to head with friendo the clown and his followers again. I found this story to be extremely entertaining and nail biting as I rooted for my favorite characters and I could totally see this story being made into a film or show. Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins Children's Books for the digital copy.
What a fun sequel! I wasn’t sure where this story could go and not be too derivative of the first book but I was pleasantly surprised. Our survivors from the original once again find themselves targeted, but this time by a whole new Frendo. Those who spend any amount of time online will find this to be a timely story of one of our more modern horrors.
I will read anything Adam Cesare writes. I was approved for this ARC but I had already pre-ordered the book so I was gonna have my hands on it regardless. And I hate clowns so that's saying something.

I had very high expectations for this one, and though it didn't leave up to a Scream 2 level of success for me, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who loves a good slasher with a side of social commentary.

Thank you so much to #NetGalley, the publishers and author for this ARC in exchange for my honest opinions.
Frendo returns and I truly hope we see more of him. I love love love these books! Adam Cesare is one heck of an author and I plan to watch for more of his works.
I loved the first book, and this one is just as good. Felt like I was "reading" a movie. Lots of slasher action, humor, and some great twists and turns. Loved it!
4.5/5!

BEWARE OF SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN’T READ BOOK 1!

Clown in a Cornfield was in my top 5 reads for 2021 and I instantly pre-ordered the sequel when it became available. It was really hard to hold onto this one until October, but it was the perfect time to read it!

Just like with the first book, Clown in a Cornfield 2 is filled with tense and action-packed moments where you’re not sure what’s going to happen to the characters and who’s going to make it out alive. The basis for this story is different than the first, with the use of real world events backing the frenzy that online fanantical groups can build. It’s a scary reality both in the real world and on paper. Cesare feeds off of this to create a story that fits the Kettle Springs and Frendo storyline with a chilling level of perfection. I could feel the hatred and tension dripping from the pages and I was on the edge of my seat with worry over my beloved favorite characters. Obviously, I’m not going to share any plot details in my review, but if you’ve read it and want to chat, I would love to discuss!

I hear there might just be a third coming our way for this slasher series and I’ll be eagerly waiting to order my copy!
Starting off, I wanted to explain how this is the second book (Clown in a Cornfield was the first one) I have read by this author. With that in mind, I was kind of excited that this book got a sequel. The first book was kind of a let-down for me, but I am a sucker for sequels and continuing on to see if anything gets better.

Personally, the sequel was not as good as the first one. However, I have personally experienced that sequels are never better, or even as good. The sequel is still a really good slasher, I will admit that. The gore and suspense are always good and well written. But, for me, the characters fall short and don’t resonate as much with me as they did in the first one.

There were multiple viewpoints and point of views, and it got a little overwhelming at times. I felt confused and jumpy at a few things. However, I do absolutely love final characters and girls, and I will forever love Quinn being a final girl.

I want to personally thank NetGalley, as well as the author, publisher, and anyone else involved in providing copies, for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Reviews will also be submitted to Goodreads.
I can count on one hand when a sequel to any book has managed to live up to its predecessor like Clown in a Cornfield 2 has. While designated a YA title, Clown in the Cornfield 2 is insanely enjoyable and readable for adult readers. Adam Cesare did a fantastic job carrying over what was so compelling about the story and its characters from the first book that nothing fell flat. I savored reading it and look forward to what Adam brings in the future!
I felt like there was a lot of people to follow compared to the 1st book but, I still really enjoyed this read. Looking forward to reading more from Cesare as the unexpected twists and turns are a breath of fresh air.
This book really got to me - but it was still an excellent slasher novel.

After surviving a town massacre Quinn, Rust, and Cole (the 3) are trying to deal with this new found fame and getting through the year anniversary of the massacre. However, not everyone is ready to put this tragedy behind them and soon the clown masks are back.

First, this is a great slasher book. It has everything you need for a great slasher sequel. The final people are just trying to move on while also completely living in that fight or flight space. The way the group ends up back in a similar predicament is not far fetched at all. Actually the motive behind this book is a lot more believable to me and sadly mirrors parts of society in general (at least in the US). There were times that I wanted to stop reading because my heart hurt knowing there are real people out there that think and act like this. But I managed to get through it and overall enjoyed the read.

Also, I have to add that I think Quinn makes it up there with some of the best final girls. She's a legit badass and honestly makes the book(s) for me.
A great follow up to the first book. I love how Adam’s books read like movies. Nonstop action and plenty of spooky scenes. The multiple viewpoints seemed a bit overwhelming at first, but it really is essential to the story. The ending also felt rushed and unresolved.
A year after the events in the first book Frendo is back! I enjoyed this sequel and thought it lived well up to the original. Multiple POVs had me confused at first, but definitely hope the series continues and I think this should be picked up for a movie immediately 😉
Unrealistic and overly dramatic.  Virtue signaling comes to mind. I liked the first Clown in a Cornfield but this sequel just fell flat! Would not recommend to anyone.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with this ARC.

Description from NetGalley:
After barely making it out of the Kettle Springs cornfields alive, Quinn’s first year away at college should be safe and easy. All she wants is to be normal again.

But instead, Quinn finds that her past won’t leave her alone when she becomes the focus of online conspiracy theories that claim the Kettle Springs Massacre never happened. It’s a deranged but relentless fantasy, and there’s nothing Quinn can do to get people to hear the truth—not even on her own campus or in her own dorm room.

So when a murderous clown attacks Quinn at a frat party while another goes after her father in Kettle Springs at the same time, Quinn realizes that the facts alone are never going to save her. Her only option is to go back into the cornfields, back where the nightmare began, to set the record straight the only way she knows how. Because when the truth gets lost in the lies, that’s when people start to die.

When I read the first book, I knew I was getting a slasher. I wasn’t sure what I would be getting with this one. Was it going to be a good sequel like Friday the 13th Part 2 or a bad sequel like so many I know. This was solid. Quinn and her friends remain at the center while adding a few new POVs, but I was never overwhelmed with who was who. The pain and trauma of the events from the first book are felt by most in this book. The Internet and the spread of misinformation are strong in this book and frustrated me to no end.

Overall: 4/5
As a YA novel I loved it. As a nearly 40 year old..I loved it! This is just a crazy homage to 80's slashers with a sprinkle of social commentary that makes it a little too relatable!! It is a perfect read for October!!!
I was so excited for this book after loving the first book so much and this was such a disappointment for me. I felt like it wasn’t as slashery as the first book which is what I loved about it. I also felt like there were too many POVs and too much information being thrown at the reader that it made it drag on and on. This just fell so flat in the horror department.