Cover Image: The New House

The New House

I always look forward to the new Tess Stimson and this one lived up to expectations.  Totally gripping from start to finish and a real roller coaster of a read.
When I started reading this one, I absolutely thought I was in for your generic domestic thriller.  And…nope!  Nothing generic about this one.

Our characters are soooooo wrong.  Every single one of them.  Oh, I loved reading them and I would stay so far away from each of them in real life.  Every one of them has secrets and each secret just gets worse and worse and more and more shocking.

The book is highly suspenseful and, once you figure out what people are up to, utterly unique.

I loved this.  I can totally see myself revisiting this one in the future just to see what clues I missed.

Five stars!

*ARC via Net Galley
I really enjoyed the book up until the final few pages, it felt like the author was trying too hard to bring in a jaw dropping moment that really wasn’t needed because up until then the character development was good and I was invested in getting to the end
Wow! This novel is one twist after another. Millie wants a new house. Tom, her husband, has to agree to it. They plan to buy Stacey and Felix’s glass house. Vlogger Harper and her husband Kyle will purchase Millie and Tom’s house. But then a cog in the wheel slips, and the true character of these three couples is revealed. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to be an early reader in exchange for my review.
The New House by Tess Stimson

Three couples. Three houses. One home to die for…

Stacey and Felix are the glamorous owners of the stylish, modern Glass House, with its pool and floor-to-ceiling windows. Now they’re downsizing, but Stacey can’t sell to just anyone. She needs the right buyer, who will keep her secrets.

Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Now it’s for sale. With property prices booming, if they can sell quickly, it could be theirs. But are the house and its charming owners all they seem?

Harper and Kyle are moving up in the world. They need a new house, in the right school district, to give their children the start in life they never had. Millie and Tom’s is perfect. It’ll take every penny they have, and more, but it’ll be worth it. Won’t it?

Wow this book picks you up , throws you around , shakes you up , and throws you out at the end. A rollercoaster of a read . It felt like a workout reading this. Brilliant , brilliant , brilliant .
I loved every single character , even the complex Stacey and Millie.
So many twists and hold your breaths moment, and a few good twists.
5 stars.
This is my 2nd book by this author, and just like the previous one I could not put it down! What a page turner! It will grab you and pull you in from the very beginning. It is told from different viewpoints in each chapter. Millie, a successful surgeon, has fallen in love with a glass house owned by Stacey and her husband Felix and is trying to get them to sell it to her and her husband, Tom. At the same time, a vlogger named Harper is interested in buying Millie and Tom's house. At first everything seems good to go, but then strange things start happening. Millie forms a bond with Stacey and has a bad vibe about how Stacey's husband treats her. All of a sudden things start falling apart and everybody seems to be hiding secrets. Who can be trusted? I was kept guessing til the very end, and what a plot twist in the end that I never saw coming! I was grateful to the publisher and Netgalley for an advanced copy to read and review!
Tess Stimson brings us another amazing thrilling, addictive novel!
The New House, which my personal opinion is her at her best!

I liked the writing style and the characters. The plot twist I definitely did not see coming! It was creepy, atmospheric, and kept me on the edge of my seat. Definitely enjoyed this one.
The story is a character driven thriller with so many unexpected twists, I was literally breathless with anticipation until the very last page.
The riveting suspense had me losing track of time.
I love how a book can keep you alert and completely lost in the story and this one did just that!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

Avon,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!
✨Book review✨
The New House
By Tess Stimson

This one started out so strong for me, and then about halfway in to it, it just lost me!

This story is told through multiple characters, and follows the lives of 3 couples, each dealing with their own issues, and all are connected to The Glass House.

This strong storyline fizzled out to become more of a confusing back and forth he said she said, and I found myself having to go back and be like wait a minute…who said that again?!?

I also found some of the details to be unbelievable, especially when it comes down to Millie and Tom. They were exhausting to me at times.

For me, this one gets a rating of ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 as it started out with so much potential! It drops August 4th so you can check it out for yourself 😊

Shout out to @netgalley and to @avonbooksuk for sending me this arc in exchange for an honest review!
#arcreviewer #justmyopinionreviews #3starread⭐⭐⭐ #🇨🇦bookenablers #bookpeople #mybookreview #review #netgalley #thenewhouse #bookcommunity #ilovebooks📚
Stacy and Felix are selling their ultra modern, ultra posh home; they need to downsize, they say. But Stacy is keen that the house be sold to the right family, to someone who won’t reveal what she has gone to such great lengths to conceal. Two couples are vying for the Glass House, Millie and Tom who want to grab this gorgeous home before property prices rise again, and Harper and Kyle, who want a home in the right neighborhood so their children get into the best schools. All this may sound rather ho hum, but in actuality, it’s a rip roaring thrill ride that exposes how some people will do whatever they can to get what they want
I stayed gripped to The New House from the very first page. Can you say psychopath x 500? There are 6 couples to keep track of and boy oh boy! Mille who is a gifted cardiothoracic surgeon and I would say is the mastermind of all psychopaths! She’s a piece of work and I found myself shaking my head several times throughout. She has her eyes set on a house that’s gone up for sale that she calls The Glass House and she just has to have it. Then something happens where she may not get the house. It just goes on and on and gets even more disturbing! Why couldn’t I put this book down? Where oh where does this author come up with this stuff? Oh yeah, from real honest to goodness psychopaths! She thanks them at the end. Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for this early release in exchange for my honest review.
Trigger warnings throughout - physical violence explained in DETAIL and that may be hard for some to read. Also, some child violence also very heavy, especially at the end.
This book was OUTSTANDING! I could not put it down! This was my first book by Tess Stimson, and it will not be my last. I was kind of obsessed with Millie. She was dark, twisted and flipping brilliant at the same time.  If you want a nail biting thriller, do not miss The New House. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a dark, twisty psychological thriller with never-ending twists and turns. I loved it! 5 stars!

(Note to publisher, I tried to submit my review to Goodreads via NetGalley, but it said ISBN not found).
Oh my gosh, this was quite the thriller!! Not what I was expecting at all, but I’m definitely not complaining. I was totally captivated with this book and read it on one day. It was twisted and dark. The writing was excellent and the flow and pace of the book was very well done. I didn’t see the ending of this one coming at all. Totally unpredictable. Loved it! Highly recommend..

Thank you Netgalley and to the publisher. I will share my review in time for the publishing date.
Loved this story and all the different, twisted threads it offered.

The characters were so believable in the different guises and had you questioning everyone and everything.
The first chapters caught my attention, but I started to lose focus about 25% of the way through. Even though there was a lot of building suspense, the plot started to feel both repetitive and meandering. I wasn't invested enough in the characters or the outcome to want to keep reading. This was ultimately a miss for me, though certain aspects — such as the deeper look at psychopaths and Millie's work as a surgeon — were really interesting.
Well, the old saying of never judge a book by it's cover really goes into play here! I thought I was sitting down with a thriller, a nice evening with a good book.

Yeah, no. This was intense! I didn't sleep. This is not your every day thriller, The New House takes a "psychological thriller" and flips the script.

If you love true crime, psychopaths and biting all your nails off while reading a book...then this one is for you.

I am still floored by the ending, the whole book really. Wow.

Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for allowing me to review this book!
Viewing, buying and selling houses - the Stimson way!

Ms Stimson lines up three couples, Millie (cardiothoracic surgeon) & Tom (IT expert), Stacey (TV 'personality)' & Felix (hedge fund manage and Kyle '('vlogger') & Harper want to buy each other’s London houses. The trouble is there are some very dark personalities amongst those six, and there are some surprises when friendships are made.

Each character is beautifully drawn and I regularly switched my favourites as the story evolves. Furthermore, Ms Stimson is able to describe psychopaths with a certain amount of sympathy - watch out for them!!

A psychological thriller with plenty of twists, intense at times but a enjoyable and well worthy of 5 stars.

Thanks to Net Galley and Avon Books UK for the chance to read and review.
This had quite a few different characters introduced very quickly and it threw me initially as to who was who. Once that settled down, I still found odd sections made the plot unsettling and rather than break up the tension or indeed build on it, it just did not feel necessary.

The middle of this read really ramped up the intrigue and tension but then it felt too far fetched and unbelievable.
Awesomely crazy twisty psychopath story alert!

Millie is a self proclaimed sociopath. She makes no excuses about it and leads us through her very orderly daily life as a heart surgeon married to her childhood sweetheart and father of their two children.  Few things make Millie really happy but one is suddenly crystalizes before her eyes- the beautiful glass house down the street is for sale.

Millie makes a preliminary move for the house and ends up befriending day time newswoman Stacey and her brusque husband Felix. Stacy wants to downsize but also only wants to sell her beloved house to the right buyer. She and Millie become fast friends, truly Millie's first female friend. Preparing for the purchase, Millie puts her house up for sale and meets the very energetic, in-your-face media influencer Harper and her husband Kyle. "Kyper" falls in love with the house and will stop at nothing to get it.

As with most stories about amassed wealth and competitive buying, secrets come to light. It seem like there may be more than one sociopath in the bunch... the question is, will everyone live to see the houses sold? If you like twisty murder mysteries, enjoy strong female leads and of course dream of a house to die for, then The New House is for you! #Avonbooks #NetGalley #TheNewHouse
The New House is that rare thing - a thriller you can’t stop reading even though you don’t like any of the characters. In fact, some of the characters scare you.

Millie, a gifted cardiothoracic surgeon, covets a one-of-a-kind glass house. When it goes on the market, she and her computer specialist husband make an offer that’s accepted. The owners, financier Felix and morning television personality Stacey, are downsizing. In the heated real estate market, Millie and Tom’s house sells quickly. The buyers are Harper and Kyle. Harper records and manages the vlog Kyper Nation and plans to document her move and planned home improvements. It sounds like the perfect plan, doesn’t it? Only one slight change could cause the plan to fall apart. Of course, that happens.

The New House should come with a warning: not for sensitive readers. Because just when you are cringing on your couch, thinking things can’t get any worse, they do. Much worse. I don’t know how Tess Stimson could think this up. I don’t want to. 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Avon Books UK and Tess Stimson for this ARC.
So, I have to be real with all of you....

I have a reading addiction.

I downloaded The New House, around 9pm last night after watching it circulate through all of my friends on social media. I knew I could not be the LAST person to read a book that everyone has been raving about, so you know, I skip everything I had currently picked out to read and jumped right in.

WOW WOW WOW

The New House, is everything everyone is raving about and so much more. If you are looking for a psychological thriller, look no further, The New House, holds every key component of a heart pulsing, non stop, mind blowing, thriller.

I am completely blown away and to say I loved this book would be an understatement. I am so jealous of the people who have not yet read this.

Tess Stimson, you are incredible and I can not wait to see what you come out with next.