Cover Image: The New House

The New House

Enjoyment: 4
Total rating: 4.36

Every now and then, I will read a thriller, like The New House, that completely blindsides me. Kudos to the marketing team for doing a great job AND not spoiling any of the surprises we find on the pages. And here is my challenge: to review this book without spoiling it.

The New House is fast-paced, enthralling, satirical, full of well-executed twists and turns and satisfying.

I was hooked from page one and kept flipping the pages, thoroughly entertained. I love dark humour, creepy kids, influencer satire, and likeable sociopaths. We get it all in the book, plus more!

If you're looking for a life break and want to relax and/or get over a reading slump. This is the perfect thriller for you. I liked the main characters so much I will be rereading this one.

Disclaimer: In exchange for an honest review, I am thankful to the publishers and NetGalley for providing a copy of The New House
This story is one that will have you thinking about your your friendships and the way you interact with people. Who do you know is a psychopath? It is a thought provoking book. What would you do for your child? How much of our childhood determines our future? Are we redeemable people? Who knew that the sell and purchase of homes could create such strange friendships and alliances.
Really hard to stop reading once you’ve started. Kind of like the train wreck you know is coming yet can’t look away. Thank you to netgalley for complimentary copy.
Tess Simpson is a gifted author as is shown in this brilliant book. Three families looking to buy new homes thinking it will bring them up in the world but all is not so simple. I enjoyed reading this physcological thriller but it did drag out a little but I think the ending does it justice. If you're after a long dark thriller then I highly recommend this.
Everyone LOVED this one. So I picked it up based on all the great reviews. I wasn't captivated by this one. It took me a long time to get through it and I was honestly kind of bored reading it. I also didn't like the animal cruelty in this book. I was def in the minority as most people LOVED this one. I just felt like I read something else, it fell flat for me.
A very good book
Lots of twists and turns
A real page turner
Will keep you hooked
Thanks NetGalley
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book! It’s the first for me from Tess Stimson and it definitely won’t be my last! I loved getting chapters from multiple characters which always changed up the viewpoint and how they developed and evolved over the course of the story. Some of the twists I saw coming and others (especially the ending) took me by complete surprise! I loved the dynamic between the three couples and their entanglement in each other’s lives all because of their house selling chain. I would definitely recommend to anyone interested in domestic thrillers!
Tess Stimson has many great books, but this one, is by far, the best of all!

Three families are about purchase their perfect houses. All of them are dreaming of bigger things, better life, more glamours lifestyle. For all of them, new house means a chance. Significant change of life.
But how far can you go to get "the perfecy life"?

Perfection is a myth, but we are living in the world when the instagram reality is most important than everyday life. When we make sure to look perfect, behave in a certain way and create wonderful image of ourselves.

This story is although someting much more... It is psychological thriller. Excellent one. With genius twists, unpredictable final and gives me thrills while reading. I was shocked, I was amused - this book has everything what I was looking for!
Honestly writing, I'm wary of psychological thrillers these days especially those that involve female, unreliable narrators and that depend too much on twists to provide the thrill quotient to it's readers. Some books do pull this trope off quite efficiently without giving me a deja-vu sensation of having read this kind of book, this kind of characters somewhere before. Blame it on Gillian Flynn and ever since the success of Gone Girl, but the books in this genre sometimes feels repetitive. So imagine my surprise, when I started reading The New House by Tess Stimson with not much expectations and I fell headlong into the story. The story-telling was very good and I really appreciate the author for pulling off some taut and nerve wrecking moments in the book.

Millie and Tom are not your run-of-the-mill couple although outwardly, their appearance gives this impression .They are a happy family with their two kids and a good social life. But Millie has had a traumatic childhood which has given her a darker side, a personality aspect that Tom is not only aware of, but it turns him on. Millie, a brilliant heart surgeon has her heart set on a beautiful glass house near their current home. So when the house in put on sale, Millie and Tom do not hesitate to put in a bid. Stacey and Felix, the owners of the glass house, are the second couple in this web of stories and they are very specific about the next owners of this magnificent house. Finally, the third couple, Kyle and Harper, are a very popular lifestyle vloggers who decide to buy Millie and Tom's house. But as the three couples meet and start getting to know each other, ugly secrets and deceitful intent entangle their relationships and this can only end in some catastrophic disaster.

Although there is not much mystery and its easy to guess what must have happened, things do turn creepy with talks of psychopaths and serial killers. I loved Millie's character I could feel myself rooting for her all along the novel. Overall I think the story was handled really well despite having multiple POVs and remained true to its genre of psychological thriller. Definitely enjoyed reading this book and hope to read more from this author.
What a fantastic read. Highly recommend.

Enjoyed from start to finish.

Cant wait to read more
Three couples connect through real estate.

The first couple is Stacey and Felix. They have a son. Stacey works as a news anchor while Felix is in business.

The second couple is Millie and her husband Tom. They have two children, Peter and Medussa. Millie is a cardiothoracic surgeon who is magnificent at her job. She wants to buy the Glass House which is owned by Stacey and Felix.

And the third couple is Harper and Kyle. Harper is a vlogger who is becoming quite famous. She wants to buy the house Millie and Tom will be selling.

Then, the plans all go south.

This book is about a psychopath. You just have to figure out which of the characters is the one.

The New House was quite entertaining. Millie and Tom were my favorites. I like their relationship and all their secrets. The twists were good and even though the ending was a little nutso, I was in for the crazy!

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Minotaur Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Fast-paced and entertaining. The New House is a recommended purchase for collections where thrillers and domestic noir are popular.
Dark, twisted, Crazy but in a good way! I thought this book sounded interesting but I could never have guessed this plot. Highly addicting!
With an alternative story from different points of view this is a great domestic thriller about 3 couple buying their dream house. A very insightful read into the psychopathic mind and well written book.
What a fantastic thriller! Absolutely loved reading and it was so hard to put down. Trying to figure out what happened to Felix, what Peter was capable of, who was the victim. So many questions and twists and turns. Shock at the end. I would definitely recommend this book.
Thank you netgalley for the ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I wanted to love this book so badly, but no matter how many times I tried to get into it I just struggled. This author is so good and the writing is high quality but for whatever reason this plot just didn't grab me the way it seems to have hooked everyone else.
A gripping, yet light easy read. Full of twists and turns and a real page turner - this is definitely one to take on holiday somewhere (maybe not a glass house) and read sat in the sunshine in a few sittings!
Very suspenseful page turner where you’re not sure who the villains and heroes of the story are until the very end.
The characters are realistic and relatable and although far fetched in some aspects, it does feel like a story they really could happen.
The New House was an unpredictable thriller and I greatly appreciated that considering the genre has become predictable. I had no idea what to expect and it's safe to say that everyone in this book was slightly insane. Tess Stimson wrote an incredibly engaging book and that will have you on the edge of your seat. I literally couldn't put this book down and finished it in hours. Definitely one of my favorite books of the year.
I've read so many thrillers now that it's pretty hard to get a five star rating, so when I do give them out you know the book must be good! The tension, the characters, the creepy but desirable house - I couldn't put it down! I found the SET talk chapters fascinating, and the way everything unfolded at the end was horrifying but gripping
Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher & Tess for the ARC.

A fast paced thriller, difficult to tear yourself away from. Well written and expertly crafted.