Cover Image: The New House

The New House

Psycho Mom and psycho Son family; domestic abuse family; posh blogger family. All have their own stories full of twists which is very entertaining; the writing is crisp and grips you; I really liked how Tess displayed the characters, you really get to know them; with an ending that leaves you a bit gobsmacked.

Thank you Netgalley and Avon Books UK for this ARC.
Couldn’t take this book seriously when I was expected to go along with a main character who had a very respectable profession cheered herself up by breaking into houses. Just for a wander round though so no harm done! The three women became blended into one mixed up problem laden uninteresting blob. Sorr6. It not for me.
Tess Stimson is one of my go to authors.  The New House was a confluted story of several couples and a house for sale.  Sounds simple but the intentions and circumstances are complicated.  What will one woman do for a house? I’m a real estate broker and want nothing to do with this transaction.
I really enjoyed this book. The descriptions of psychopathy were fascinating, especially the idea of who is psychotic, how high-functioning are they among society and family members, and that surprise twist at the end of who the confessed psychopath is. And it all revolves around the purchase of a house and the three families' lives who collide in the interim. 5 stars!
4.5 Rounded up to 5 stars!

House buying gone terribly wrong! Wow, this book was quite the thriller, which such a unique, interesting premise. 3 get caught up in a "house buying triangle" (or line, if you will) These couples are absolute crazy people and a nightmare of epic proportions ensues!

I loved the twists and turns of this book, as well as all the drama! Sometimes thrillers are straight up thrilling, but this one brings the soap opera family mama drama as well. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a dramatic, page-turning thriller. With each chapter ending on a cliffhanger, this book will keep you turning the pages later into the night. The characters were great and well written, and even though there are several of them, they are easy to keep track of.

Also, sometimes with these types of thrillers, the endings get a little crazy. And while this one is jaw-dropping, it is not off the rails. I really loved this book and would saw that this is a must read for any psychological thriller lovers!

Special thank you to Netgalley and Avon Books for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
The New House is a book that had me hooked, great storyline and reminded me why buyers and sellers shouldn’t really meet!!
Millie Downton wants the glass house, it’s a house that she has always wanted and it’s just come up for sale. Tom her husband gives the all clear and they go and view it. Stacey and Felix are the homeowners and Stacey will only sell to the right person. Harper and Kyle are buying Millie and Toms house and here the plot thickens and the twists begin to turn.
This was a great read, I like how the couples were introduced at the beginning of the book as it made them more realistic but also unrealistic at the same time, doesn’t make sense but it really worked for me. The bidding war that ensued showed realistically what happens in the real world and the repercussions, mix that with secrets, suspense and a great twist before the end makes this book a winner.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books UK for this ARC I received in exchange for an honest review.
The word addictive is over used but this one really lives up to it.  There were twists and turns that you would expect from this author but what a plot.  It starts of with house buying and then goes dark. What a sucker punch of ending.

I was given an advance copy by netgalley and the publishers but the review is entirely my own.
Three couples. Three houses. One home to die for...
Stacey and Felix are the glamorous owners of the stylish, modern Glass House, with its pool and floor-to-ceiling windows. Now they're downsizing, but Stacey can't sell to just anyone. She needs the right buyer, who will keep her secrets.
Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Now it’’s for sale. With property prices booming, if they can sell quickly, it could be theirs. But are the house and its charming owners all they seem?
Harper and Kyle are moving up in the world. They need a new house, in the right school district, to give their children the start in life they never had. Millie and Tom’s is perfect. It‘ll take every penny they have, and more, but it’ll be worth it. Won't it?
When one of the sales falls through, how far will someone go to get everything they‘ve always wanted?

This is a twisted and gripping read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuously.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher.  This is my own honest voluntary review.
Gripping, intense, twisty, chilling, thrilling, captivating suspense/thriller.  Everyone has secrets, and I was constantly trying to figure out who to trust.  Nothing (and no one) is as it seems.  Even when I thought I was prepared for the ending, I really had no idea what was coming. This novel had a fast moving plot and was so cleverly written that I couldn't put down.

Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for this fantastic e-ARC!
This was such a fantastic book! I had trouble putting it down and found myself staying up late into the night to finish it. It had so many great, jaw-dropping twists! There was one part where I knew what was going to happen but it was so shocking that I had to put my Kindle down for a minute while I prepared myself for it!

I'll definitely be reading more of this author's books!

If you love psychological thrillers then you need to add this one to your list! You'll thank me later! 😁

Thank you @Netgalley, @avonbooksuk and @tessstimson for the e-arc of this book!
This book was very cleverly written with so many twists and turns. It had a unique storyline which I thoroughly enjoyed and it kept my attention.  The ending was great and unexpected!
The New House
Three couples looking for their dream home. How far would you be willing to go for the perfect life ?!

Wow that was one of the most intense thrillers i have read in a long time found it lightly confusing at first but once I figured out who was who I was hooked and so invested in the story.

Thank you to Netgalley, Avon Books UK  and Tess Stimson for an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest Review
Tess Stimson is a wonderful writer that has a unique ability to write thrillers that feel both contemporary and highly unusual. This novel focuses on a mysterious property and some potential owners, each of whom has some shady secrets. I loved every second of this book!
A bidding war between three couples for a house and the extreme lengths they will each go to to get it, what a great book this was, read it in one sitting as I could not put it down ..
I always enjoy Tess Stimpson’s books and I marvel at how she frequently excels at producing dislikable protagonists, and yet at the same time such compelling characters who make it impossible to put her books down. The New House has an abundance of such characters, it is full of twists and turns that one would expect, and you do not know who can be trusted at any moment.  I swayed back and forth as to who I believed.
I highly rate and recommend The New House for anyone who enjoys a great domestic thriller.
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
What a rollercoaster ride!

If you love a great domestic thriller, look no further than this story. It has everything I love and needed for a winning five stars novel.

I loved the introduction of the couples and got really intrigued by the posts on social media. It feels so unrealistic how some people are really putting up all their interactions and life events for everyone to read and see.

With such a glorious mix of characters, this story never let me down.

With sufficient twists and unexpected turns, and so many suspenseful moments where the author has created a story where I was waiting on the edge of my seat for the shoes to drop. And it drops big time.

Viral videos are not a good way to try covering what's happening behind the doors.

I'm honestly still reeling from this one.

Cleverly done, this is a great trilling story everyone should read.
So many psychopaths! Psychopaths, sociopaths, enablers, oh my!

But as one of the narrators, Mille tells us, there are good and bad psychopaths.  She's one of the good ones.  She uses her powers for good as a cardiac surgeon.  It what gives he the ability to hold a beating heart in her steady hands, or to operate on someone she knows, without feeling emotion.

So when she gets into a bidding war for the house of her dreams, she sets in motion a domino effect between her family, the owners of The Glass House, Stacey and Felix, and her buyers Harper and Kyle.  If Mille and Tom can't get the house, Harper and Kyle (or kyperlife as their popular vlog is called), can't buy Mille's house.  The problem is, Harper has already sold her house when she finds out, and is stuck in what she calls her "teeny little rented mouse-house".

This story takes the notion of house wars to a whole new level. Buying a house is definitely requires a strategy, but the degree of manipulation these three families go to is off the charts.  And in the end someone is dead (no spoiler - we know this from the beginning).  We hear many theories about what might have happened, and the whole time we know someone knows the whole story.  And in the best suspense style, we must wait until the nail biting ending to find out.

Thanks so much to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for an advance readers copy.
What can go wrong when you buy a new house? It turns out  a lot.

This book is extremely well written with multiple narrators, vlog posts, and transcripts of an interview. Each chapter is titled with the narrator, which is very helpful when you have a lot of narrators. There are quite a few subplots in the book so I was constantly guessing what each subplot was doing. I love I’ll definitely read more by this author!
EXCERPT: The night of the charity gala, that night when everyone met for the first time, a tragic series of events was set in motion. Until then, you just had six ordinary people linked only by a simple desire to sell their houses.

But something changed for everyone that night. Our lives got tangled together. We became part of each other's stories - with disastrous consequences.

A small quirk of fate, and everything could have turned out differently. Sometimes all it takes is for the wrong person to cross your path at the wrong time.

I'm not to blame for what happened that autumn. It took a perfect storm of circumstances; every single person involved in the drama played their part.

What if the estate agent had got stuck in traffic on the day of the viewing and someone else had got their bid in first?

What if the mortgage broker hadn't listened to her voicemail?

I can see you all sitting there smugly telling yourselves you'd never have taken the law into your own hands, no matter what the provocation. You're not capable of killing someone in cold blood, right?

Self-defense maybe. Or to protect your family.

But never murder.

ABOUT 'THE NEW HOUSE': Three couples. Three houses. One home to die for…

Stacey and Felix are the glamorous owners of the stylish, modern Glass House, with its pool and floor-to-ceiling windows. Now they’re downsizing, but Stacey can’t sell to just anyone. She needs the right buyer, who will keep her secrets.

Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Now it’s for sale. With property prices booming, if they can sell quickly, it could be theirs. But are the house and its charming owners all they seem?

Harper and Kyle are moving up in the world. They need a new house, in the right school district, to give their children the start in life they never had. Millie and Tom’s is perfect. It’ll take every penny they have, and more, but it’ll be worth it. Won’t it?

When one of the sales falls through, how far will someone go to get everything they’ve always wanted?

MY THOUGHTS: 'These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss consume.' - Shakespeare

OMG Tess Stimson! A meteor shower of stars! Five just doesn't cut it.

A big fat 'YES!' to all the hype and the publicity claims. I was gripped and consumed by this book. It's crazy, compelling, addictive, mindblowing, twisty and more.

The New House is a book best gone into cold. Stock up on your favourite drinks and snacks, lock the door, turn off your phone, pick up your copy of The New House by Tess Stimson and prepare for a wild rollercoaster ride. You won't regret it.

Tess Stimson scares me.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

#TheNewHouse #NetGalley #TessStimsonAuthor

I: @tessstimson @avonbooksuk

T: @tessjstimson @AvonBooksUK

#contemporaryfiction #crime #familydrama #mystery #suspense #thriller

THE AUTHOR: I was born in Surrey, in the south of England, and read English at Oxford University.

​Upon graduating I joined ITN as a news producer.
I reported and produced regional and world stories, travelling to hotspots and war-zones all over the
globe, before leaving bullets behind to become
a full-time writer.

​Since then, I’ve written more than a dozen novels, numerous short stories, and two non-fiction books, which have been published internationally and translated into more than twenty languages.

​In recent years, I’ve moved away from writing women’s fiction and towards darker psychological thrillers,
which seem to suit my personality better - make
of that what you will.

​As well as writing fiction I continue to work as
a journalist, and also teach reporting for media and creative writing at a university in the North-Eastern US.

​I live in Vermont with my husband, and am visited intermittently by my three grown-up children whenever they need their laundry done.

DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Avon Books UK via Netgalley for providing a digital ARC of The New House by Tess Stimson for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions.

For an explanation of my rating system please refer to my Goodreads.com profile page or the about page on sandysbookaday.wordpress.com

This review is also published on Twitter, Amazon, Instagram and my webpage
Thanks to netgalley and Avon Books for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Millie wants to buy a glass house that is for sale and owned by tv presenter Stacy. Harper wants to buy Millie's house. Things so way off the rails when circumstances cause Stacy to not be able to sell.

I liked this book well enough. It mostly held my interest. I thought some things were quite farfetched but overall it mostly worked. I will read more from this author.