Cover Image: The New House

The New House

Who knew house purchase could be so complicated or dangerous?  Three couples involved in the sale of two properties. In a normal world their contact would be minimal, but in The New House, that doesn't happen.  During the selling/purchasing process they become involved in each others' lives with devastating consequences.
What follows is a dark story with many twists and turns to keep the reader on the edge of their seat.
Excellent plot with an authentic feel to the characters - I thought surgeon Millie Downton's character was particularly well written -  I found it difficult to put down. Absolutely loved it.

I would like to thank Tess Stimson, Avon and NetGalley for an ARC of The New House in exchange for an honest review.
Amazing! Dark, feisty with an unstoppable momentum. I was totally carried along with the characters, trying to decide who was responsible for what. Millie -the cardiac surgeon,  Harper- the blogger, Stacey- the Tv presenter, Peter- Millie’s son, or other members of their families. Definitely one to read!
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't keep secrets...

Stacey and Felix live in the much-coveted Glass House, an architectural masterpiece in London. When they decide to sell and find a smaller home, Stacey is very cautious about who will buy her home. Will the buyer keep her secrets? Millie and Tom have always vowed to buy the Glass House if it ever went up for sale, and now their dream is within reach. Harper and Kyle want to move to a different school district, to give their children the best chance of having everything they never did. When Millie and Tom list their house, Harper knows it's the perfect house- their forever home. Everything seems like a go, until one of the homeowners pulls out of a sale. Lines are crossed, words are exchanged, and someone will go to great lengths to get what they want...
I read this book in two sittings, and that is only because I had to force myself to stop reading and go to bed in the wee hours of the morning. This book hooked me from the beginning and didn't release me from its grip until the very end. The New House is one of my favourite reads so far this year. The characters were well-written and I loved learning everything about them. I loved the twisted storyline and all of the characters' dark secrets. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a twisted psychological thriller!
Sensational story!  I could not get enough of this, so I read it in one day!  What starts out as a three-chain house buying scheme turns into something completely different.  There is a person narrating to us in some chapters - you will think you know who it is but there is a big surprise!  Well researched and presented.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Avon for this ARC!
💙 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨 💙

Tess Stimson
Release Date: 8/4/22
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

OMG 😱 Y’all, I was seriously unprepared for the severe book hangover I have after finishing this one!

🅢🅨🅝🅞🅟🅢🅘🅢
Three couples, three houses, one home to die for.  Millie and Tom have had their eyes on the Glass House for as long as they can remember. Stacey and Felix are selling the Glass House to finally downsize. Harper and Kyle find Millie’s house to be their dream home. Everything is moving along nicely until one of the sales falls through and puts all their lives in temporary limbo. What lengths will one of them go to to ensure they get what they want?

🅣🅗🅞🅤🅖🅗🅣🅢
This book is so much darker than it seems! Everyone has secrets, everyone tells lies, everyone wants something they can’t quite have. It was hard for me to put this one down. It was twisty and thrilling from the very first page and the surprises just kept coming! Even though you think you’ve got a good feel of each character by the time it’s over, you will still be gobsmacked by the shocking ending!

This is definitely one you don’t want to miss out on on pub day!
While the main thread of this story is about buying a home and all the disasters that can and do happen, this is really about the three families involved in those disasters and how they all crossed paths.
   We meet and learn about psychopaths: is this an inherited trait? Can that behavior be controlled? "See something-say something"—not if it's your kid!
   The vicious world of TV: the constant worry of the younger face, always looking over your shoulder.
   The Wild Web: sloggers and bloggers and their incessant search for a wider audience which translates to more sponsors and more money.
   Mix this crowd together and it’s a cacophony of treachery, deceit, physical torture and murder that the members of these families display that will have you glued to your book.  Exciting till the last sentence!
Very few books cause me to think ‘Am I really reading this?’ ( in a good way 😁 ) this book did, I could try and explain why and could ramble on for hours, none of us want that but to say this book is
P
O
W
E
R
F
U
L
And as dark as night, it’s horrific yet brilliant, well written does not do it justice and if you think, like me, it’s a tale of 3 couples buying their dream homes then it is but it also couldn’t be further from the truth
More psychopaths and sociopaths than ever met in a book and they are scary and fascinating,as are the little bits of info given on real life psychopaths welded into the story
The whole book is not a book but a real experience
Superb

10/10
5 Stars
WOW. That escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast. The New house is a chilling new thriller by Tess Stimson that will rock you to your core!

Millie is a world class heart surgeon, married for 19 years to Tom. They have two children, Medusa and Peter. The jokes write themselves here, folks, because Millie fancies herself a psychopath of sorts and I assume only a psychopath would name their child Medusa. They call her Meddie though, so don't worry!

Stacey is a beloved news anchor married to Felix, who seems to be a pretty bad dude. Stacey owns the Glass House, a landmark home of the area, and also Millie's dream home. She will do anything to get it so when Stacey puts it on the market, Millie comes in hot immediately and they hit it off and strike up a friendship, which is new for Millie. Millie becomes very protective of Stacey. sparring with Felix over his alleged misdeeds. Felix sings a different tune.

The final couple here are Harper and Kyle aka Kyperlife. They're goofy influencers who get involved in this because they want to buy Millie and Tom's house, which is great because they need to sell it fast to get funds toward Glass House. They're a bit young and naive but Harper hits it off with Tom and they become quite involved in the foolery afoot because they'd pitched this move to sponsors for content so when the sales start to fall through, everyone has something to lose.

We know from the start that an infamous murder occurs and that not everyone in this property chain is going to make it out alive. We are thrown from past to present, with a SET Talk in between, which is like a TED Talk on psychopathy. We initially assume it's Millie, but as the book goes on, I start thinking it could be anyone involved! When it comes to this piece of real estate, they're as ruthless as it comes.

This dropped bombshells continuously. Every time I thought I had it figured out, we got another curveball! It scratches on some interesting social truths. It kept me on my toes until the very last page, set against the mental images of beautiful architecture and some strange but possibly true medical lingo. If 1 in 100 normal people in any room are psychopaths, where does that put you?!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the advanced copy to read and review!
If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. This book is the embodiment of a true psychological thriller. Who knew that buying a house could be so dangerous. There were so many twists and turns that I never saw coming. Millie and Tom have discovered the perfect house, in their neighborhood, which they call, "The Glass House." Millie has made Tom promise that when it comes up for sale, they will purchase it.. The house is put on the market, and the lives of Millie and Tom will never be the same. This book has so much suspense. It will keep you guessing. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves a great psychological thriller. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the advance review copy in exchange for my honest review.
Just WOW! This book is astonishing and an absolute must read!

Tess Stimson is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. Her books are addictive, fast paced thrillers that take you hostage!

A fabulous storyline and brilliant characters (although I don’t think I’d like to meet any of them!).

I love the intrigue of the SET talk and the ambiguity of who is speaking. I loved the symmetry of the characters and the constant questioning of who was bad.

Absolutely brilliant!
I found this book equally confusing but addictive and very twisty. At times I got frustrated by it and other times I couldn’t get enough of it. A good read but not great. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
This was my first taste of this author and boy did I enjoy it. I wasn't sure if I liked this type of plot but I quickly realized I do. This book had so many twists and turns. Some I did not see coming which is always a good thing in my book.
Gripping, thrilling, addictive, The New House is the book that just keeps on giving. It’s a psychological thriller that gets its hooks into you from page one and will entertain till the very end. Thank you to NetGalley, Avon Books UK and the author for the chance to review.
Thank you Avon Books UK and NetGalley for an early copy of The New House.  Wowzer!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!! This one will stay with me for a verrrrrry long time. The characters were sooooo good, the plot was intense and the ending was different.  Alot of information went into this book about psychopaths and it makes me think there are lots of them out in the world, scary thought.  Fantastic book!!
Wow!!!!The is the true definition of gripping, dark, page-turning psychological thriller!
Three couples are connected by a dream house - The Glass House.
Couple A (Stacey and Felix) owns it but they are downsizing, therefore Stacey is finding the right person to buy the house to keep the secret…
Couple B (Millie and Tom) noticed they put up a For Sale sign. Millie can’t wait to move into this dream house.
Couple C (Harper and Kyle) is a pair of famous influencer. They are planning to move into Millie’s place..to move up in the  society.
BUT Nothing goes as planned…
Intriguing since page 1 of the book. Those twists and those dark secrets will keep you read till the end.
Thank you to Net galley and AVON publisher for giving me an arc copy.   I love to read psychological thrillers and this book did not disappoint.
Buying a house among people you know can be a problem but, when one is a psychopath problems are sure to be involve.  This book was fast paced, the first time i have read a book by this author but, it wont be my last.
After reading the blurb for this book I could not wait to get stuck in to The New House. I was so disappointed this was billed as a gripping psychological thriller. For me it was not, a predictable tale and in places so unbelievable. I struggled with this book. Maybe I should stop reading the hype and go with my gut. Saying that I am sure other readers will enjoy it more just not for me.
Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.
Three couples, one house, a lot of shocks and twists! Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy of the book in return for my honest feedback.
Compulsive page turner! I love a solid sociopath story and this one was excellent. How have I never read anything by this author? I will definitely be stalking her backlist now. This story was so dark and twisted and shocking and you will NEVER guess how it ends! This one should be on the bestseller list or offered as a BOTM, it is THAT good!

Thank you Netgalley, Avon Books UK, and Tess Stimson for this eARC in exchange for my honest review. This book will be available for purchase on August 4, 2022
By Tess Stimson
Release Date: 08/04/2022
From the book📖
Stacey and Felix are the glamorous owners of the stylish, modern Glass House, with its pool and floor-to-ceiling windows. Now they’re downsizing, but Stacey can’t sell to just anyone. She needs the right buyer, who will keep her secrets.
Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Now it’s for sale. With property prices booming, if they can sell quickly, it could be theirs. But are the house and its charming owners all they seem?
Harper and Kyle are moving up in the world. They need a new house, in the right school district, to give their children the start in life they never had. Millie and Tom’s is perfect. It’ll take every penny they have, and more, but it’ll be worth it. Won’t it?

From me 👩🏻‍🏫
This book reminds me of the movie 7 psychopaths, but there aren’t quite 7 but pretty close. I’m not going to spoil the book, it is so damn good. It’s told in alternating POV. And they’re all thrilling. Crazy. Insane. And highly addictive. Don’t skip ahead in this book. You will regret it so bad if you do. It reads fast and you won’t be able to put this down.  This will DEF be in my top 5 this year.  Millie is the shit. She’s by far my fav character in this book, what a kickass woman.
Def add this to your TBR ASAP
5 S҉T҉A҉R҉S҉🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🔪

#5starbook #bookblogging #thenewhouse #tessstimson #netgalley #netgalleyreviewer #avonbooks #thrillerreads #pageturner #booklover #bookstagrammer #bookstagrammer #tbrreads #bookshelves #igreads #readmorebooks #bookishproblems