Cover Image: The New House

The New House

All's fair in love, war....and real estate as Tess Stimson proves with her latest book. The New House follows 3 couples who are looking to move onto their forever home but when their lives become intertwined, there are very real consequences that go beyond picking the perfect paint color! There are so many twists that you won't see coming and so many psychopaths in one place! Snap this book up and enjoy the ride.

Thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Once again Tess Stimson did not disappoint.
This was a great read with many twists and turns and has a very strong ending. Is highly recommend and look forward to reading another from this great author.
The story follows three couples selling three house in a chain. Stacey and Felix own the stunning Glass House. Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Harper and Kyle want an upgrade and want to buy Millie and Toms house.

They all become acquaintances, learning they all have secrets and are not who they appear to be on the outside. When the house sale falls through, things take a dramatic turn.

This book is so good! My description of it does not do it justice! It’s so gripping and easy to follow. There are so many twists you don’t see coming and the last couple of chapters are amazing and throw a real curve ball.

The way the book ends it works well as a standalone novel, but personally I’d love a sequel or a book from a different characters perspective! (I don’t want to say which character as I don’t want to put in any spoilers!)
Thank you, Avon, for a copy of ‘The New House’ by Tess Stimson for an honest review.
 I have mixed feelings about this book regarding three couples that connected in some ways regarding a sale of ‘The Glass House’.  This is not a normal story far from it, in fact.  It about each couple and how far will they go to get that house.  One of which claims to be a psychopath and fears that her son is turning out the same way.  The other couple are in an abusive relationship. There is lies and deceit of each couple trying to get what they want.
This has a Dark gripping storyline, and I enjoyed this story with its unique storyline that kept me turning the pages. But I soon found in the second half of the story that I was getting confused who was who and who where they with. I also thought that in my opinion that the second half was too far fetched for me especially around the ending. It kind of spoilt it for me in the end. Promising start but the ending didn’t deliver. 3.5 stars from me.
This book took my breath away! The twists and turns between darkness & light are incredible and the writing is amazing.
The character that you think is telling the story actually isn't and the ending is mind-blowing. I loved it!
Interesting plot. Was really interesting. The book was well written. I really enjoyed it. Good pool of characters making it so interesting
I love the premise for The New House by Tess Stimson. Check it out:

PLOT:

Three couples. Three houses. One home to die for…

Stacey and Felix are the glamorous owners of the stylish, modern Glass House, with its pool and floor-to-ceiling windows. Now they’re downsizing, but Stacey can’t sell to just anyone. She needs the right buyer, who will keep her secrets.

Millie and Tom have always imagined living in the Glass House. Now it’s for sale. With property prices booming, if they can sell quickly, it could be theirs. But are the house and its charming owners all they seem?

Harper and Kyle are moving up in the world. They need a new house, in the right school district, to give their children the start in life they never had. Millie and Tom’s is perfect. It’ll take every penny they have, and more, but it’ll be worth it. Won’t it?

When one of the sales falls through, how far will someone go to get everything they’ve always wanted?

I liked the idea of the three couples and how Tess created the tension and stress centered around buying a house. This book is dark and tense and fun!

Out on August 4.
There is a reason that buyers and sellers should remain anonymous to one another until the property transfer is closed……

There is also a reason you don’t become friends with those in the buying chain…

⚠️

The infamous “GLASS HOUSE” just went up “for sale”!

Owned by power couple Felix and Stacey Porter-She is the presenter of the Morning News and a minor celebrity-who doesn’t want just “anybody” to be the new owner of her home-

She wants to choose its next mistress…

Millie Downton WANTS the “Glass House” and she is determined to get it. Her husband, Tom is agreeable so, if she can convince Stacey to choose her, there should be no obstacles standing in her way, except for the sale of their own home-but it has been lovingly restored.

Fortunately, YouTube  influencers, Kyle and Harper Conway, of Kyperlife are JUST as “in love” with the Downton’s home-as Millie is with the “Glass House”. They think it will be the perfect backdrop for their VLOG!

Offers are made and accepted and the process begins….

But NOT SO FAST!!

This isn’t a story just about real estate transactions-what fun would that be??

This is a psychological thriller and someone is not willing to take “NO” for an answer, when the transfer of properties hits a setback which could disrupt the whole chain.

Told from multiple POV’s Including an anonymous speaker presenting a SETtalk  entitled “Inside the mind of a Psychopath” , we learn what happens when someone doesn’t get what she wants!

My favorite chapters were from Millie and Tom-the middle couple.

Millie is a blend of Millicent (from Samantha Downing’s “My Lovely Wife”) and Dexter Morgan.

The key to Millie and Tom’s successful relationship is “honesty” so Tom has learned to not ask a question if he is afraid of the answer-He knows about his wife’s “Dark Angel” and realizes that some things are better left unsaid.

After all-he reasons-“Who wants to read a novel when you know every twist before it happens and how the story will end?” (favorite quote)

But, if you think you know where this is headed-think again!

The other women are ADMIRABLE  adversaries!

Which one is willing to push the boundaries the furthest to get what she wants??

The ending was a bit of a plausibility stretch preventing a five star rating from me, but no doubt that this one is ENTERTAINING from start to finish, and it will be available on August 4, 2022, so you don’t have long to wait!

Thank You to Avon books for the gifted copy. It was my pleasure to offer a candid review!
Three couples, two houses.

This was my first book by this author but it certainly won’t be the last. This book is the very definition of unputdownable. I was gripped from the first page until the very end. The players in this deadly game are Millie (a cardio thoracic surgeon) and her husband Tom (a web security specialist), Stacey (a morning show television host) and her husband Felix (CEO of an investment finance company and Harper (a lifestyle vlogger) and her husband Kyle (a fitness coach). The last two call themselves Kyper Nation (a portmanteau of their names).

It all starts when Millie sees that a house she has had her eye on comes up for sale. She refers to it as the Glass House. Tom, who knows all of Millie’s secrets, goes along with if it makes Millie happy. Stacey and Felix currently own the glass house. Harper and Kyle want to buy Millie and Tom’s house. Confused yet? Don’t be, it’s all very clear in the book.

Also very clear is that things are not as they seem. The public facades of these couples hide a multitude of secrets and secret agendas. Can you work it out? I certainly couldn’t. The story gets darker and darker as games get played and people are moved around like they are on a chessboard. Whatever you are thinking is likely to be wrong, the truth is worse than you could imagine!

The characterisations were superb. Every person had a distinct voice and they were so well portrayed. The pace was one that accelerated throughout the story along with a real sense of dread. Who was playing who? Something terrible was going to happen. The ending was totally shocking, a real jaw dropper and the book was on track for 5 stars. Unfortunately the very, very ending spoiled it a little for me but it still warrants a strong 4 stars. Many thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books UK for the much appreciated arc which I reviewed voluntarily and honestly.
It’s not that I didn’t like this book, it just didn’t do it for me.
The premise was interesting to me and there were aspects I loved but a lot fell short for me.
I was hoping for a fast-paced, psychological thriller and I got a slow, convoluted psychological thriller that was highly unbelievable.
I was exhausted after reading this!

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for a copy of this ARC eBook in exchange for my honest review.
Three couples. About to purchase their dream home. How far would you go to get the perfect life?

I did not realise that real estate transactions could be so intriguing, then again when a psychopath is involved it takes things to the next level. Three couples wanting to purchase a new home and begin new lives but this scenario has not played out as they hoped it would.

This was my first book by Tess Stimson and I found it to be a winner. At first I was not sure if the story would captivate me but wow was I wrong, I read this in one sitting. Lots of tension and suspence, twists that actually enhance the story and a theme that does become quite disturbing but totally enthralling. I really do recommend that you get yourself a copy of this book, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I will definitely be reading more books by Tess, she is now on my go to list so thank you to her, Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Spine tingling and horrifyingly descriptive. This book was brilliant and captivating. The characters were unique and well done. The plots and twists in the characters dynamic was evocative. The atmosphere was wonderfully detailed. An intense gritty read where it seems everyone has a secret and it’s all about to explode. The ending was absolutely twisted and horrifying. This page turner keeps your heart in your throat and your eyes flying though…. Because you have to know ….
Who knew house hunting could be so deadly? HGTV ain't got nothing on Tess Stimson's latest novel unless they re-vamp Love it or List it to Love it and Kill for it for which I would certainly tune in. 😉

We have three couples all vying to buy the perfect home. Their perfect home.

When you finally find the house of your dreams that you can't possibly live without will you kill for it?

That's the question Tess Stimson latest novel asks and the answer is deliciously diabolical.

We have a cast of unsavory characters that were all interesting and intriguing in their own way. The dark humor certainly aided in making this a proper page-turner. Shocks and surprises reveal themselves at just the right moment to keep us wondering just how low will these people go. The ending was the cherry on the sundae for this reader because it was so perfectly twisted. I'm thrilled to say that my first Stimson novel was a success! 4 stars!

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for my complimentary copy.
What would you do if you found the perfect home… but it didn’t belong to you? Would you, if it came on the market, do everything possible to show you’re an honest, open, friendly potential buyer? Would you befriend the owner and move into their life? And what happens when there are three couples, and three houses, and the dream property highlights the good and bad personality traits of all those involved? If that’s whetted your appetite enough then Tess’ book should be on your radar. The Glass House is a must-buy and owners Felix and Stacey know that. Millie is desperate for the move, less so her husband Tom, but willing to give his wife anything she wants to avoid her dark side. Meanwhile, Kyle and Harper love Millie’s house and every sacrifice they may will be worth it. Won’t it? This is a much deeper, darker read than you’d expect and genuinely will make you feel a bit panicked, in a good way.
Stimson has certainly reached for a dark pen in writing this twisty domestic suspense!

Millie, Harper and Stacey will leave you shaking your head in disbelief at the lengths they’ll go to protect what they love and get what they want. These female psychopaths are manipulative, dishonest and immoral. They have no regrets and have no limitations.

They meet at a real estate transaction for their dream home, but you’ll never guess what these three women will do to get their dream life!

This vague review is my feeble attempt at giving you insight without spoilers. While I don’t feel it measures up to ‘Stolen,’ mainly due to pacing issues and abuse, it was still unputdownable suspense. Please familiarize yourself with content warnings prior to reading.

This novel with a real-life domino effect revolves around home buyers and sales and features aggressive acquisitions. The Glass House - it’s an ideal metaphor for the author’s message.

I was gifted this advance copy by Tess Stimson, Avon Books UK, and NetGalley and was under no obligation to provide a review.
📖BOOK REVIEW📖
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

#TheNewHouse by @tessstimson

⏩for book cover & synopsis

Well this book certainly packs a punch 😮

If you’ve not read a Tess Stimson thriller then your seriously missing out! She has definitely become one of my top thriller authors!

This book is slick; it draws you in easily and slowly curls around you becoming part of your being. There’s so much misdirection, twisting and turning, weaving of such a tangled web between all the characters it leave you wondering who can you trust? I was constantly changing my mind about who did what and who was to blame for this that and the other.

The detail in this book was on point - I loved all the fables about good and evil, the comprehensive medical details and the chopping and changing of narrator along with the podcast kept the plot alive and kicking. This book also had a quite a moral fibre - what would you do? After everything that happened would you still have made the same choice?

An Excellent read! Love love this author!

Thanks to author #TessStimson @netgalley and @avonbooksuk for allowing us to read this one early!

RELEASE: August 4th

-EMILY

@the_book_girls_1
I’m not sure what to make of The New House,it was good book but I found it dragged a bit at the beginning for a few chapters. But it once it got going it wasn’t too bad,Millie has her heart set on the glass house so when it goes up for sale she must have it,with her son Peter showing disturbing signs of hurting other children she has every reason to be worried along with husband Tom, and when owner of the glass house Stacey becomes involved with the family things become messy indeed and with Harper gets involved who wants to buy Millie’s and Tom’s house things get even more explosive.It is a very good story in the end but you have to stay with it in the first few chapters,With plenty of twists and turns along the way it finally had me gripped,it’s a good 4=star read from Tess Stimson.
This starts off really well; a book about psychopaths and a woman who needs to break into houses to feel alive; then find her perfect house for sale. What follows is told from various perspectives and although this should work well, I found it confusing and irritating at times.
It's definitely an unusual read and worth a go.

Decent 3* good read.

Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the opportunity to preview.
I really liked this book..  The story captured my attention right from the start and had me guessing who the villain was time and time again.  I enjoyed each and every character and sympathized with Millie as some of the choices got me thinking, what would I do in her place?  The plot was great and the entire journey kept me wanting to read late into the night just to see how things turned out.  I give this book 4.5 stars only for the fact that there is no way anyone would just let things keep going without intervening (sorry trying not to give any spoilers here)

Thank you so much to NetGalley for the ARC and make sure you check it out when it is released in August 2022
Imagine....a triangle. At its peak - you have the "Glass House" and Stacey and Felix., then on one corner, you have Millie, who has always loved the Glass House and would do anything to live there. In the other corner, you have Harper, an influencer who needs to upgrade her house.

This book is more than real estate chess. It's about sociopaths and massive amounts of money, backstabbing and  fake friendship all in the name of getting exactly what you want.

It's excellent domestic fiction.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the opportunity to read and review this book.