Cover Image: Moving to Mars

Moving to Mars

Moving to Mars is really a cute fun story. The book has quite nice illustrations and it clearly describes how space looks. Also the book has given some information about the Mars which I like it and it would be easier to understand for kids also. Overall I enjoyed this book.
Thanks to Netgalley and Capstone for giving me this lovely E-ARC.
Mars gets annoyed when he has visitors, as he is the type of planet who likes calm and peace.  However, when his visitors leave, he realises that he misses them, so he asks his space friends for comfort.

I found this story really sweet and fun.  My daughter and I enjoyed looking at the amazing, bright and colourful images, and it helped my daughter to see what space looks like.  She thought the planets looked funny.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this fresh take on a space book for kids! What if planets planets have opinions? What if those opinions change? My little one has a LOT of space books, but I've never read anything like this one! Expressive illustrations and an engaging storyline make this a perfect book for space lovers and feeling-explorers!
I read this book to my 8 1/2 year old son (he still loves to be read to) and he absolutely loved it. I feel like this book would draw any kids attention with the bright colored illustrations and how it was! My son has always loved learning about the solar system and he said what he liked about this one is that not only is it a fun book, but it also includes lessons as well as some education tidbits. This one’s a definite winner of books for kiddos!
Moving to Mars is a children's illustrated fiction where we can learn about Mars and how planets have feelings too, just like everyone else!

The cover is adorable and mirrors the internal illustrations. I love the colors that they chose and the characters faces were really well developed.

Throughout the pages we learn that Mars isn't too happy with visitors such as the Mars Rover, satellites and more. Yet, over time he realizes that maybe he doesn't mind them too much and actually likes the company. Yet, when they leave he becomes lonely and would like to learn about how other planets were able to have visitors from Earth. So, what's the best thing to do when asking about human visitors? Ask Earth and the Moon itself as those two have seen them first hand!

Mars learns that humans would like to visit one day so he starts to loosen up - telling jokes, hanging out with the other planets and becoming friends, and starting to learn that he can just be himself and doesn't have to hide his feelings.

Five stars. Great, children's book! I love the highlighted phrases and words that readers can pick up on and learn about, alongside in the back of the book there's information about Mars. Did you know it would take a 9 month non stop ride to get to Mars? I didn't before, but now I do!

Wade also has another book out called <b> A Place for Pluto </b> that I'll be checking out too!

Thanks to the author, Stef Wade, the publisher, Capstone, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC copy to read and review. Review will also be posted to my blog (www.kagoodsell.com/book-reviews), GoodReads, TikTok (@unearthingeco), as well as NetGalley reviews.
The book is titled 'Moving To Mars', written by Stef Wade and illustrated by Erin Taylor. The title is self-explanatory to a certain extent. This book is meant for children and is part picture book and part story book. Here space science or rather space exploration is presented as a potpourri of art, science, and humour. I haven’t yet come across any other book of this nature and never thought that science in general and space science in particular could be presented in such a charming manner. This book is unique on all accounts.

The illustrations are made in bright and bold colours and would definitely lift your spirits. You can have a fairly accurate idea about how they look from the cover image of the book. As the book is short in length — suitable for young readers — it would not be proper for me to quote any extracts from the book. Here you will have to trust me that all humorous pieces are fresh and sure to bring a smile on your face.

In brief, the book tells the story of Mars, who prefers to be a loner and content in his own little world. He does not have friends and is annoyed by visitors — notable among them being his own satellites, meteoroids, comets and explorations from Earth. Soon he gets used to them and looks forward to having more cordial relations with them. Once Earth told him about her inhabitants, and Moon told about missions to his soil. Rest of the book tells about the various preparations Mars makes in order to attract human explorers. He is supported by Earth and other planets who present to him their sound advice supported by information and wisdom.

Thus, this book brings Mars closer to us and gives it a human face — with human thoughts, human emotions and need for connections. It takes up space exploration from the perspective of the red planet and that too in a cute and funny manner. Somehow I felt the story to be short and incomplete, but then the journey of exploration of Mars is itself still in progress. In a way, the absence of a conclusion and an open climax provides fuel for imagination and would pull the young audience into taking interest in the latest developments in the field. The author could also have gone into further depth and given details about Mars or space exploration. But the field is so involved that I wonder whether it is possible to do so without overwhelming the young mind.

This book would definitely make a good gift item for your children and would open them to the exciting world of space exploration in a language they understand and love. Who knows, one of them may even become part of a future mission to Mars!
Oh! This was such a fun read-aloud. In recent years, there's been an increase in space-themed read-aloud that incorporate fun and facts. This is such a good turn from 100% nonfiction with dry facts. The basis of this story is that Mars is a grump who wants no friends. Slowly, he realizes that he could use some company, even perhaps human company. With the help of his other planet friends, he puts a plan into action to attract humans. I loved that the information in the back of the book was formatted as an attraction guide. Another great feature is how beautiful the illustrations are. So well done and a classroom staple!
Oh I wish I had this book when my kid is younger. I adore how author tell us about Mars with a very friendly and funny tone. His explanation about Mara's twin moon, it is characterized planet and the difference with Earth is clear, cute and easy to memorable. I personally falling in love with the main character Mars it self. An adorable book with so much messages for our solar systeem future. I am sure will check another books from the author. Love it to the Mars and back!!

Thanks Netgalley for this adorable copy
Space theme books are a big deal at our house and Moving to Mars has it all.

This book is about the planet Mars and his love of peace and quiet. When he gets some unexpected visitors, he learns that company is not so bad after all.  As he prepares for more guests, Mars gets a lesson in waiting. There are so many great lessons to pull from and a few cute jokes to store for later. The illustrations are filled with bold colors and stark contrasts making for engaging pictures to keep your children coming back for more.

Did I start to sound like an infomercial there? Sorry, it really is just that cute.
This was a cute book! My son was absolutely amazed by it the entire time! Such a beautiful story making Mars seem more personable. I enjoyed the different planets and their discussion. I can totally see how Mars is lonely! Such a massive space out there. A great read for any age to enjoy the space and planet spectaculars!
What a cute story about the planets! My daughter loved it. Mars was lonely, but learned how to appreciate the friends that he had as he also waited to make new ones.
This was such a fun read! Mars is a real grump and doesn’t like all the pesky rovers and satellites that keep making a mess on his surface and taking pictures of him. Eventually, Mars warms up to the idea and begins interacting more. But he knows the rovers and satellites aren’t living. He wants humans to visit him.

This is a cute book filled with bright pictures and facts about space. My kids were chuckling at the two moons who liked to tell dad jokes. Thank you to Capstone Publishing and NetGalley for this digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Moving to Mars by Stef Wade was written about Mars and Mars wants to have people living there. Is a cute little story telling why people do not live there.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review.  Grumpy mars is not happy when someone shows up and lands right on his forehead.
I received a free digital ARC from Capstone via NetGalley. From the author of A Place for Pluto comes a story about Mars. This was another cute story about how you are feeling when you are different. Mars doesn’t want to be alone and wants residents like Earth, but he isn’t quite hospitable to visitors for many reasons. This was a colorful, artistic and funny portrayal of science for kids ages 5-8. I like how relatable this is for our youngest readers.
A cute book that gives information about Mars, but also connects on a deeper level of how you can change for the better.  Super cute.
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have already read a book by this author and I loved it (and so did the kids I read it to), so I had high hopes for this book. This book lived up to my expectations. It was adorable and funny and the pictures are really cute!
Thank you to NetGalley for providing a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

This book was ok. It was hard at first to get into. Had some great facts about Mars but presented in a smart and fun way. Good for any age. Would be great for a classroom or library.

The pictures that went with the book were great and I really liked all the bright colors.

Overall, I would probably read more by this author.
My toddler is enjoying learning about the solar system at the moment, so this immediately grabbed my attention as an option to read together. The illustrations are beautiful and eye-catching, loved the colour and detail. I liked most of the plot, which shared some information about the planetary bodies and ended with a beautiful message about connection. What I liked less was perhaps the framing of the colonisation of Mars to children as a given and as something welcomed by the planet, especially as it is their generation that are and will contend with the consequences of the climate crisis, consequences that we should push to halt +/- reverse for their sakes.
This is such a fun book for any child interested in outer space. It depicted Mars the planet as a real grump and it was hilarious! It also provided a number of scientific facts about Mars' moons and its atmosphere. The last page had really neat visuals about what Mars would be like to live on!