Cover Image: The Accidental Newlywed Game

The Accidental Newlywed Game

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? Well…maybe. Honor Bellini and Owen Stone are from the same town, in fact, Owen was engaged to Honor’s sister at one time (if you want to find out about THAT, read The Engagement Arrangement in the Boots and Bouquets series). Maybe they need to stay away from tequila? They end up married. What ?!?! They decide that an annulment is needed, but can they keep this a secret from the family until it’s done. That is the big question. Plus, their chemistry! Wow! Fun read and a great addition for the wonderful writer known as Jaci Burton. To find out how this all turns out, pick up a copy of this book. While you don’t have to have read the previous one, it does add to the story to know the background.
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book for an honest opinion.
Honor Bellini, wedding planner extraordinaire, is attending a conference in Las Vegas when she runs into her sister's ex-finance, Owen Stone. Honor and Owen have a little too much fun and end up married. Instead of annulling the marriage right away, they decide to keep it a secret and work on a divorce. Except, maybe they don't want a divorce....

This lighthearted, fun story is the third book in Jaci Burton's Boot and Bouquet's series. Honor and Stone's romance is full of angst and true love. I give it five stars!
The Accidental Newlywed Game is the third book in the Boots and Bouquets series by Jaci Burton.  I enjoyed reading Honor and Owen’s unique romance and getting to know their characters better.  I really liked Honor and Owen together.  They really seemed to make each other happy.  I was rooting for them from the very beginning, even though it was a wildly complicated situation.
Even though I didn’t love it as much as the previous books in the series I still found it an enjoyable read, and would recommend it to romance lovers.
This book was really fun and satisfying. Honor is one of three sisters. They are all really close, and she is the one who the wedding planning business falls to. Owen used to be engaged to Honor’s sister after growing up with them. Used to….be engaged… Her sis aged is now happily married. Owen had cancer and spiraled down a dark path. Fast forward to Vegas, a business trip, running onto each other and tequila….what happens when the two wake up married?…
Honor is a wedding planner and in Vegas for a convention when she runs into her sister’s ex-fiancé who she always had a crush on. Got that all?! A tequila shot somehow turns into a night of drinking and a wedding that neither of them remember!
While they should immediately annul this wedding their chemistry suggests otherwise. This is a fun one and reminded me of the episode of Friends when Rachel and Ross get married!
Thank you @Berkleypub and @NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Honor has always had a crush on Owen, but when her sister started dating him, she knew she could never be with him.  He ended up running out on Erin days before they were supposed to be married when he got his cancer diagnosis.  Erin went on to marry Jason, but Honor knows it would hurt Erin if she ever tried anything with Owen.  However, they are all still good friends.

Honor thought nothing about having drinks and dinner with Owen when she ran into him in Las Vegas.  However, neither of them expected to get hammered and wake up in bed together the next morning, married.  They both agree that an annulment is in order, if Honor can only keep the drunken wedding a secret from her family until then.

However, it’s harder to dissolve the marriage than either Honor or Owen expected, and in the meantime the two are growing closer together.  Can the pair do what they have set out to do, or will they finally give in to their hearts’ desires?

This was an enjoyable read from start to finish.  I wasn’t a fan of Owen in the first book of the series, The Best Man Plan.  However, he has redeemed himself.  I especially loved when his protective side came out when Honor’s family was being ridiculous.  Someone needed to stand up for her, after all.

I thought Erin was a total brat once she found out about Honor and Owen.  You expect some hurt, but she went a bit overboard with it.  And, I was disappointed to see the way their mom handled the situation as well.  I just expected more from the perceived perfect matriarch of the family.

Overall this was a great book, and I hope Burton finds a way to extend this series now that the three Bellini girls have found love.  I mean Mae is right there and could definitely use a good romance.
I am really enjoying this series. Jaci Burton pulls you in. After reading the blurb for this book I was excited to read it. I loved Owen and Honor’s story. Let me tell you this book took me for a ride with lots of turns and twist.

I wasn’t sure how things would turn out for these given that things are a little tricky for Honor and Owen. This was a fun quick read and a great addition to this series.
THE ACCIDENTAL NEWLYWED GAME – Jaci Burton
Boots and Bouquets, Book 3
Berkley
ISBN: 978-0-593-43963-0
June 28, 2022
Contemporary Romance

Oklahoma – Present Day

Wedding planner Honor Bellini is in Las Vegas for a wedding-related convention and agrees to meet Owen Stone, who is from the same town as Honor and is there for a craft brewery convention. They go out for a night of drinking and dinner but skip dinner all the way to…the chapel. They wake up the next morning hungover and in bed with each other—and wedding rings on their fingers and a marriage certificate nearby. Embarrassed over the debacle, they agree to seek an annulment or divorce once they’re back home. They vow not to tell their family and friends while they sort this all out.

Honor’s sister, Erin, was once engaged to Owen, thus they are not sure how the family would feel if they learned what they did. However, Honor has been attracted to Owen forever, and he is a nice guy, so they agree to secretly meet while planning their “split.” The time spent together brings unexpected sparks flying between them. Since Honor and Owen have already (they can’t remember for sure) had sex, why not go all the way, and make their annulment a divorce instead? It’s not like they’re planning on staying together. Yet, the more they are around each other, the harder it is to stay apart.

Honor is close to her sisters Erin and Brenna, as well as their parents, so it’s hard to keep the secret of what she and Owen did in THE ACCIDENTAL NEWLYWED GAME. They end up sneaking around and pretending to be friends only when they run into each other in public. Erin has married another man, but has she moved on from her breakup with Owen? The sisters have to get along, not only for the family’s sake but because they run a wedding event business. Are Honor and Owen successful at keeping their secret, or will someone figure out that they are sleeping together? That is one of the intrigues of this cute and enjoyable tale.

Owen has always thought of Honor as a friend, so going from friends to lovers has him pleasantly surprised. She is beautiful and funny to be around, and they get along great. It was Owen who had broken off the engagement to Erin, and he feels some guilt that he hurt her, though she is now married to one of his best friends. Will Owen and Erin have to forgive each other before Honor and Owen can be happy? There are several funny scenes in THE ACCIDENTAL NEWLYWED GAME that will have readers chuckling. Most of it involves Owen and Honor trying to keep their trysts secret from people around them. But it’s soon clear that they aren’t fooling some of the people.

If you love a sexy romantic comedy that will have you rooting for our lovebirds to make it down the path of a happily-ever-after, then THE ACCIDENTAL NEWLYWED GAME will definitely hit the right spot for you. Don’t miss this fun tale.

Patti Fischer
A fun and emotional friends-to-lovers book. This is the third book in the series and can be read as a stand-alone, though the experience is richer if you've read the others.

Honor and Owen have been friends for a long time. When they encounter each other in Vegas, where both are on business trips, they get together for a drink. One drink turns into shots; the next thing they know, they wake up in bed together wearing wedding rings. Neither has any recollection of how it happened. Complicating matters, Owen is her sister Erin's ex-fiancé. Their initial reaction is to apply for an annulment immediately, but they hold off until they find out if there are consequences from the wedding night they don't remember. They also plan to keep what happened a secret from everyone at home.

I enjoyed watching the relationship between Owen and Honor develop. I understood the initial impulse to keep what happened a secret. Owen walked out on his engagement to Erin right before the wedding with no explanation, creating heartache and hard feelings. It wasn't until the end of the first book that they discovered he had panicked over his cancer diagnosis. His relationship with the family has recovered, though Owen still feels a lot of guilt over his actions. Neither Honor nor Owen wants to cause Erin any distress, even though she has moved on and is happily married.

Keeping the secret proves to be very complicated. Owen is friends with the family and with the sisters' menfolk. Honor and her sisters run the family's wedding business together, are very close, and don't generally keep secrets from each other. Honor and Owen find themselves wanting to spend more time together, and when they do, the sparks fly. I loved seeing them together. They have so much in common; their interactions are fun, easy, and realistic. Owen is a sweet guy who enjoys taking care of Honor, from cooking for her to adopting the rescue dog she loves so much. Honor is a strong woman who has no problem standing up for what she wants but doesn't want her actions to hurt someone else. I especially liked when she went with Owen to his doctor's appointment.

The longer Honor and Owen go without confessing, the harder it gets. When the truth comes out, the fallout is immediate and intense. Battle lines are drawn, and the tension is off the charts. Owen, Honor, and Erin all need to face their feelings before moving on to the future. The ending was fantastic, emotion-filled, and heartfelt. The epilogue was a terrific wrap-up.

I loved the setting of the book. The Bellini Winery/wedding business provided many laugh-out-loud moments that relieved some of the building tension. There are also more family dynamics, from Honor dealing with her sisters' inconvenient nosiness and matchmaking to Mama Bellini's cure for sisterly tension. I also enjoyed getting to know Owen better and seeing his joy in his work. He won my heart when he adopted the dog, Bettie, and she became such a big part of his life.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This is the third book in the series, and I would highly recommend that you read them in order. The three Bellini sisters run a wedding/events business with their mother at the family vineyard. Each book has concentrated on the romance of one of the sisters.

Honor has a bit of a reputation for being averse to romantic entanglements, so the fact that she manages to end up married to her older sister's ex-fiancé is surprising only if you forget how much tequila they drank!

Owen ran from his initial wedding due to a devastating cancer diagnosis, and has since been welcomed back into the Bellini friendship fold – although always with a little distance being maintained. He is not sure how his recent unplanned marriage to Honor is going to play out, but it doesn't seem like it will be good... From the moment they wake up together, we know that the scene has been set for some really complicated encounters.

I love the whole vineyard set up, the different relationships which exist between the sisters, their parents, and the men in their lives. Not only do we get some insights into the businesses that they run, but also the complexities of group friendships and the dynamics at play in such a close-knit group of friends and family. I was so sad for Owen when his reasons were revealed in book one, and this turned the situation around and restored (eventually) harmony to the family.

A really lovely, thought-provoking, and ultimately romantic read!
It's hard to write a review after being letdown by a book I had high hopes for.

This story really spoke to me as I love a good accidental romance, but the story was extremely lacking in details and emotions. With very little backstory as to how the main characters Honor and Own accidentally get married, the book starts with them waking up and realizing what happened. The amazingly awkwardness of the situation wasn't there. The characters had a simple and easy relationship that anyone would have if they were together for years, but these characters were nowhere near that in their timeframe.

The whole book was very cordial and nice. There was no thrill, no feeling of awkward and absolutely no chemistry between Honor and Owen. The author only scratched the surface of the potential this book had, but fell flat on the follow through.

I'm a little disappointed as I really wanted to like this read, there was just nothing exciting for me to hold onto.
I was not able to get to this book, as I didn’t realize it was the third in a series I haven’t read the first two books for!
We've sort of seen in previous books in the series that Honor Bellini was probably going to end up with her sister's ex-fiancee, Owen Stone. And, while that's a setup that I don't usually enjoy, I really like Burton's writing and thought she might be one of the authors that could pull it off. I really wish that there hadn't been so much secrecy. Also, the big ending was So Very Public.
Honor is in Vegas for a conference. Surprisingly, Owen is at the same hotel. After a night out together, they wake up married. The chemistry is undeniable (at least to them; it took me a longer to buy in) and they decide to keep dating, but secretly until it becomes clear that it might be a longer term relationship that either thought.

Three stars
Follows The Engagement Arrangement
This book comes out June 29th, 2021
ARC kindly provided by Berkley Publishing Group and NetGalley
Opinions are my own
Oh! I liked this one. This is the second book in this series that I read and it was oh so fun.

I liked the sneaking around. I appreciated watching feelings develop!

Also, that ending was oh so good!

Thank you to Berkley for the advanced readers copy.
Accidentally married in Vegas is my guilty pleasure, so when I saw this one, I had to grab it.
This one is more forbidden, sisters ex fiance trope. Honor has always had a thing for Owen, her sister's ex, but she could never do anything about that. When she's in Vegas for a wedding planner convention she spots Owen at the same hotel. They have some drinks and one thing leads to another and they wake up married.
When they go back home they realize they can't tell anyone, but want to wait until they are sure they get no other suprises from their one night together. They decide to stay married and just act like friends in the mean time. But lines were already blurred, so why not blur them some more?
To be honest, the sister's ex situation felt really awkward, mostly because it was him that broke her heart and even though she was married, she still was clearly upset about this situation. I felt bad for her sister's husband more than anyone because she clearly had unresolved feelings about the breakup with Owen. I felt like the family just acted as though the sister should just get over it and let Honor and Owen be happy because she is married and starting a family with someone else. But seeing your ex at the dinner table everyday with your sister is something I am not sure I could overcome either. 3.5 stars.

I really did like Honor and Owen together, and they clearly had chemistry, but I just wish they were more open about things instead of being sneaky for so long.
Thank you to Netgalley, Jaci Burton and Berkley for an early copy.
This was a cute accidental Vegas wedding romance from Jaci Burton. Throw in a dog and you have an easy and quick romance read.

Honor and Owen have been in each other's lives for a long time. He was previously engaged to her sister which made him forbidden fruit for Honor. When they both end up at the same Vegas hotel for work conferences, one drunken night leads to them waking up in bed together with a legal marriage certificate on the nightstand.

I thought Honor was pretty wishy-washy as a character - constantly changing her mind while Owen took it like a champ. I didn't totally feel their chemistry together because of how hot and cold Honor ran. The family dynamics were a lot in this book, and I felt like I was missing a lot of Owen's backstory. This is the third in a series so maybe it's covered in previous books.

Content warnings: The male MC previously battled cancer but is in remission during this book. Concerns about an accidental pregnancy from their wedding night they can't remember. The male MC runs a craft brewery and there are lots of scenes where drinking is prominent.

Thanks to Berkley Romance for the early copy. All opinions are my own!
Honor is in Las Vegas for work when she runs into Owen. He was her sister’s fiancé until he called off the engagement. They have known each other for years so she is happy to see a friendly face. Since they are both in town, they decide to go and enjoy a night out. Things get complicated when the next morning, they see a paperwork showing that they got married.

The blurb for this book sounds so good. Yes, it is a little dicey and I normally do not gravitate towards exes of a sibling kind of thing. However, I remember Owen from book one in this series. He was going through some health issues and his story made the ending of book one sort of sad. I’m glad he got his story.

There are two issues that I have with this book. The chemistry is off. The two see each other in Vegas but the initial interaction is so friendly. That is to be expected since Owen was engaged to Honor’s sister. I just didn’t understand how they wound up in bed and married. Not to mention, they were just so accepting of that. It threw me off. The author relies on the readers assuming there was some attraction that was there already. I don’t want to guess. I want to feel it. I need to see it through her lens.

The other issue is that the sneaking around got old quickly for me. I think they should have been honest because for some reason they never seem to be in a rush to get the marriage annulled. It became a weird dynamic after a while which took away from some of the romance that started to pop when they arrived back home.

Overall, the story is cute and a fairly quick read. If you read the other books in the series, you will enjoy getting glimpses of the other couples. Plus, you will enjoy the cozy feel of the small town characters.

~ Samantha
3.5 Stars!

The Accidental Newlywed Game is the third book from author Jaci Burton's Boots and Bouquets series. The prequel and the first two books from the series are terrific, but are not necessary to read in order to enjoy this latest offering. This is a nicely-written love story, with hot sexy scenes and characters that I liked getting to know. If you are a fan of sisterly love, good friends and family togetherness, then pick up a copy of this book.

Honor Bellini and Owen Stone have been friends for many years.  In fact, Owen was once engaged to Honor's older sister, until his cancer diagnosis and treatment caused him to change his future. Honor runs the wedding event venue of her family's winery.  Owen crafts his own beer for his successful brew pub. Both are in Las Vegas on business and bump into each other.  A few drinks and lots of shots of tequila later, they wake up married. For various reasons, they decide to keep their marriage a secret, which causes a ton of heartache and anger within Honor's family.  However, they can't help falling into lust and love.

I enjoyed this secret marriage romance. Honor and Owen were very likable and their sexy times were both hot in and out of the bedroom.  In addition, spending time with the characters from the previous books was a bonus. Overall, a solid read.

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.
I have really enjoyed this series with The Accidental Newlywed Game being perhaps my favorite.  The meet/cute isn't exactly a meet since these two grew up together but it was fun.  What a surprise to Honor when she looks over and there's Owen checking into her Vegas hotel.  Her heart skips a beat since she's still into him.  And man, does he look good.  He's been taking really good care of himself.  They agree to a drink and dinner but things get way out of hand and in this case what happens in Vegas can't stay in Vegas.  Legal documents don't just disappear when you leave!

Honor has always been in love with Owen. Even when he was engaged to her sister.  She never let on because she's got honor and would never try to undermine her sister.  Owen has been through so much and made the wrong choice to do it all alone.  He's back to good health and socializing with his old friends but there's still some tension over his past behaviors, if only in his mind.  They're in a pretty good place both to start a relationship but...there are a few things to resolve.  First and foremost, Erin, Honor's sister and Owen's former fiancé, isn't going to like that they're seeing each other even though Erin's now happily married.  Honor's relationship with her sister and Owen's relationship with the entire clan will take some work.  But what really do they need to do?  Can't they just annul the marriage and it's like nothing happened?  Well, that wouldn't make for a very exciting book though. Of course, these two are fated and cannot keep their hands off each other.  To top that, they really like each other's company.

It was fun to watch Honor and Owen because they're so natural together.  It was so obvious to me, the reader, that annulment or divorce was not the answer. For these two to split would be a huge mistake.  There's lots of emotions including stress between the sisters over the relationship and even more stress when everyone finds out they've been married for awhile.  These stresses added a nice element to the story.

I was so glad to finally see these two get their Happily Ever After because they're just the nicest and most deserving and fit together so well.

Thanks to NetGalley, Berkeley Books and the author for the ARC.
The Accidental Newlywed Game was a fun "accidental marriage", forbidden romance story and set in my home state of Oklahoma!

Honor and Owen are both in Law Vegas for work when they see each other and are glad to have a familiar face.  After a night of LOTS of drinking they wake up the next morning to a marriage certificate and rings on their fingers.  One big problem is that Owen is actually Honor's sister's ex fiance.  They decide to annul the marriage but after spending a little bit of time together their chemistry is off the charts making annulment harder and harder.  But eventually their secret has the potential to harm others.

I really liked this book.  It was a short, easy read.  I read it in a day.  I loved the Oklahoma references and the chemistry between Honor and Owen was really great.  I struggled some with him having been previously engaged to her sister but it didn't bother me so much that I didn't enjoy their story and this book.

Thank you to Berkley Publishing for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.