Cover Image: The Beachside Bed and Breakfast

The Beachside Bed and Breakfast

A very sweet, heartwarming, fun and engaging romantic journey filled with lots of small town goodness, intriguing charters, family, friends and exciting passion... Really enjoyed this highly entertaining and memorable visit to Moonlight Bay and look forward to more. Great reading!
Relevant and funny, a joyful tale of possibilities

Hope Ramsay creates a wonderful cadre of friends and neighbors that truly illustrate the diversity of our world. Her characters ooze with personality and charisma. Dialog is quick-minded and smart with definite elements of sass. THE BEACHSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST starts out as a simple romance, but as in life, nothing is really simple. Prepare for a joyful tale of possibilities.
Micah St.Pierre is the new minister at Ashley's church. He gets down on one knee to propose to his girl but she runs away which he guesses means no. He kicks himself for doing it in public. I mean, how embarrassing! He only did it because he knows everyone want him to have a wife. The quilting circle which Ashley is a member of, quickly decides they will find him a wife. Ashley doesn't like them getting involved so she offers to help only to warn Micah of the ladies intentions.  So what if she finds him attractive. She has an inn to run and a troubled teenage boy, Jackie to raise. She can't forget her husband even if he's been gone forever.
Micah has always had a thing for Ashley. He jumps every time Jackie needs a male figure. He stares every time Ashley walks by but to tell her? He absolutely can not!! He can't date within his own Parrish. It's a rule.
I loved this sweet, romance filled with family troubles, dating mishaps and will they, won't they vibes.
Knowing the author's personal story of becoming a widow really changed how I read this book. Hope is sharing her personal journey and emotions she experienced over the past few years. No matter what I think of the book it was always going to be 5 stars from me based on that.

Ashley lost her husband and the father of her son. She falls in love with the one man in town who is off limits - the minister of her church.

This was a sweet small town romance, a little heavy on the religion aspect as the entire book is centered around the town church. Recommend to those looking for a sweet small town romance featuring family and faith.
This was just such a nice book to escape into. I enjoyed seeing the small town happenings with gossip issues stirring things up, as well as getting to see how small that town really was with having favorites and being a bit closeminded. I liked the romance that was slowly but surly brewing between Micah and Ashely but for religious reason things could get complicated and the town already likes Micah as the minster and what if things don't work out a whole lot of other issues, like I said its a small town things can get ugly. But there was also that part of Ashely questioning having a relationship because of her late husband and not wanting to relocate and just wanted to settle with her son who seems to be increasingly having issues with a ghost and some bullies at school. There is plenty to enjoy about this book and I can't wait to see what this author comes up with next.
Ashley loses her husband in Afghanistan - then 5 years later can she start again and find romance with Micah.  Is it a match made in heaven?
Cosy, sentimental, and sweet!

The Beachside Bed and Breakfast is a magical, heartfelt tale set in the idyllic Moonlight Bay that takes you into the lives of two main characters. Ashley Howland Scott, a young mother and widow whose main focus is raising her son and taking care of the visitors who stay at the inn she recently inherited from her grandmother, and Micah St. Pierre, a former Navy Chaplain turned small-town minister who seems to be the newest project for the local quilting club to find a wife and who unfortunately has a forbidden crush on one of his parishioners.

The prose is light and hopeful. The characters are lonely, supportive, and considerate. And the plot is a tender, engaging tale about life, loss, love, marriage, parenthood, family, friendship, attraction, self-discovery, heartfelt moments, taking chances, happiness, a sliver of the paranormal, and small-town life.

Overall, The Beachside Bed and Breakfast is another winsome, charming, uplifting tale by Ramsay that I think is a lovely addition to the Moonlight Bay series with its endearing characters and heartening storyline.
This is a purely delightful book and the fifth in the Monlight Bay series.
Very heartwarming, it'll touch your heart with it's delightful characters and small town charm.
A widowed Mom,Ashley is not interested in dating again after all she has a young son to care for and runs Magnolia Harbor's only bed and breakfast,not to mention her widowed father lives with her as well.
Killed in action in Afghanistan five years ago her husband was it for her, all she needed. Still grieving she can't see her way to loving another man despite being told it's time to move on and some are trying to play matchmaker for her.
Rev. Micah St. Pierre has become Ashley's friend with them spending time together as he's helping her recover from her husband's death. Seeing him every week at church she can't help but notice how handsome he is,kind,thoughtful and everything a woman could possibly want in a man, just not her.
Micah couldn't love his congregation more, it's his calling but the woman he loves is a member of his congregation and acting on his feelings of love would cost him his career. I enjoyed seeing the sweet interaction between Micah and Ashley and how their relationship tenderly grows.
I also liked the character Danny, a troubled older teen who lost his parents and is feeling lost but others are trying to help him.
I am hoping to see some of these characters in a future book.
Heartwarming and inspirational, wonderful read!

Pub Date 23 Aug 2022
I was given a complimentary copy of this book.
All opinions expressed are my own.
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I’ll definitely be reading more. This story is centered around Ashley and Micah.  Ashley is a single mom to her son, Jackie, and runs a bed and breakfast, Howland House. Micah is a reverend at Heavenly Rest Church.  It’s against the rules to date anyone from his congregation, so Micah tries to ignore his feelings for Ashley.  Ashley has been grieving for her husband, Adam, for almost six years, since he was killed in Afghanistan.  Grab your copy and see what happens in this delightful read.  If you enjoy small town romances centered around friends and family, you’ll enjoy this book.

I received an advance reader copy of this book from NetGalley and this is my voluntary and honest review.
I loved Micah and Ashley’s story in The Beachside Bed and Breakfast by Hope Ramsey, book five in the Moonlight Bay series, is a heartwarming, feel good story with a theme of overcoming the past and moving forward. In a small coastal town in North Carolina a lot is going on; there is gossip, family drama on many fronts and good neighbors trying to lend a hand.

Ashley Scott has no time for romance. She is grieving the loss of her army husband, caring for her eleven-year-old son, Jackie, and running her bed and breakfast. Her friendship with Rev. Micah St. Pierre is beginning to feel like more. Micah is her church's pastor, single, and wants to get married; but is not allowed to date anyone in his congregation. After dating a local woman who doesn't attend his church, he decided to pop the question, although he doesn’t love her. She says no, in front of most of the town; embarrassing him. The local quilting club decides to do some matchmaking for him but Micah only has romantic feeling for Ashley.  Since Ashley is member of his church, Micah is unable to share his feelings with Ashley, who is starting to realize that she is interested in Micah; but he tells her they can't date by church edict. Micah will need to re-examine his priorities and make decisions regarding his future and whether or not Ashley can be part of that plan. There is some wonderful interaction with Micah's brothers, who live in town, and the rest of his extended family. Ashley's son Jackie is being bulled at school and feels his mother is neglecting him; needing some adult mentoring. There is a second romance running throughout this story between Micah’s brother Colton and Kerri, along with their involvement with helping Danny, a troubled orphaned teen. The Beachside Bed and Breakfast is a heartfelt story with learning what is important in life which I highly recommend to other readers.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Ashley Howland Scott has inherited Howland House and the Rose Cottage from her grandmother in the small town of Moonlight Bay. She and her young son are trying to find their way after losing the one man who completed their family, her husband and Jackie’s father. Ashley thinks that after this many years she may be ready to fall in love again, but the one man she has feelings for is off limits as Micah is the minister of her church and he could not possibly date a member of his congregation. Ashley is friends with Micah, and really appreciates his guidance and relationship with her son but that is all they can be. When the local quilting club decides it time to find Minister Micah a wife, Ashley is in a bind. How can she help find him a wife when she wants that role for herself?

Hope Ramsay captures small town living, friends, family and love so beautifully in this novel from the Moonlight Bay series. I adored the main characters as they were so well written and I had a hard time putting this book down. They faced real world issues with faith, single parenting and falling in love. Thank you to Forever Publishing for my advanced copy which I voluntarily read and reviewed. If you are looking for a sweet, small town family faith based novel, this is one you want to check out friends.
The beautiful cover of a beach view along with the title would lead you to believe this is simply a summer beach read. However, I didn't get much of a beach feeling from the actual story. I would describe it more as a small-town romance. I love reading books in a series and meeting up with the connected characters. This is not the first book in the Magnolia Harbor series, but I had no problem reading it as a stand-alone. Now that I have been introduced to the citizens of Magnolia Harbor, I will be going back to read the previous books along with the Last Chance series. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher Forever for introducing me to Hope Ramsay's books.
First, I have to gush at the cover. I can look at this cover all day since it’s so soothing and calming.
There is much ado in this novel. A preacher is in love with his parishioner, a no no. Micah spends most of the book in  moral quandary and I thought he needed to be less straight laced and live a little.
Ashley is running a business and dealing with her son’s problems and her meddling father, whom I don’t care for.
When the bully gets his comeuppance I was cheering on the vanquished.
For a calming cover, it’s misleading since there’s a tub of turmoil inside!
Ashley Howland Scott has been gifted the Howland House when her grandmother died. She's now running the place with the help of her dad. He is ex-military and doesn't know what to do with himself since his wife died unexpectantly. Ashley still mourns her late husband and raising their son Jackie. Micah St. Pierre is the Reverend at Heavenly Rest Church. He grew up in Magnolia Harbor and is now back. It seems the ladies of the alter guild are trying to be matchmakers for Micah. He doesn't want there help. It seems that the preacher and the widow are perfect for each other only he can never date within the congregation. He tries to find a place to minister at but a swift kick from Aunt Daisy sets everything in motion by asking the question, "What's more important? Church rules or love?" For Micah and Ashley, it was love.
This is a sweet small town romance that was a joy to read. Ashley and Micah's story has just the right amount of drama and conflict to keep you turning the pages. It's a heartwarming story you hate to see end.
I received a complimentary copy from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
It was heartwarming to return to this small town and read Mucah and Ashley's story. As a reverend, he needs to be above reproach. Their dilemma is how to proceed with the growing feelings for each other. They started as friends and neighbors but now stronger feelings have emerged. He can't date a parishioner and she's not sure she's ready for romance, even though it has been 6 years since her husband died.

Micah deals with tough family issue and Ashley's balancing her Dad's grief and her newfound feelings. It's a good story of life, love, and family and choosing what's best in your life. A 4 star read and a great ending to the series.

I received a free ARC eBook from Net Galley and the publisher. I'm voluntarily submitting this review.
Ashley Scott owns a B&B, is a widow, and has an 11-year-old son, Jackie. Her father recently moved in with her after her mom died. He's a former military man. Reverend Micah St. Pierre recently came to the island. He's been the talk of lots of gossip from the older ladies in his congregation. Especially after proposing to a local girl in the coffee shop and refusing. Micah has always been attracted to Ashley but she's a member of his congregation. I guess that is against the rules. So they must remain friends. As a formerly religious person, this book was a tad too churchy for me. But I persevered and tried to separate the church from the people. The book was a fun romance that had me shaking my head. This is the 5th book in the series and my first. It can be read as a standalone but I kept wondering about the backstories of Micah's family. I'm definitely going to go back and read the beginning of the series.
An enjoyable "forbidden" romance. Rules, misunderstandings, matchmakers, family, young boys, and more. All provide for an interesting look at life and love in a small town.
This is a beautifully written novel about a second chance romance between the town's pastor Micah St. Pierre and widow Ashely Harlowe. It also intertwines the relationships of a handful of others- Ashley's son and father, Micah and Ashley's son, Ashley and her father, Micah and his parishioners, Ashley and the townsfolk and so on. It delves into the dynamics of the towns racial history and racial dynamics,  mythical history and the town's history, children's ability to see things adults cannot and much more.

The characters were well developed, so much so the they were realistic and believable and I just fell in love with most of them (those that we are supposed to anyway).

This isn't my typical romance genre but I found that I couldn't put it down and the religion and mythical bits made it even better than I expected!
This is the fifth book of the Moonlight Bay series, but it is the first one I've read.  The book can be read as a standalone, so anyone could pick this up without having read the others.

Ashley Scott is a widow who owns Howland House, a bed and breakfast in the small town of Magnolia Harbor.  She inherited the house and the cottage adjacent when her grandmother died.  Asheley and her young son live there, and currently her father is living there as well.  The new minister, Micah St. Pierre, has just had his marriage proposal rejected publicly and his congregation is trying to matchmake.  Micah has feelings for Ashley, but can't follow that path because she is a member of his congregation and the church frowns on a minister dating anyone in their congregation.

This is a romance novel, and there's a little controversy involved. It's a light read and an interesting story.  I enjoyed reading about the town busybodies trying to get a wife for Micah, and I liked the author's writing style.  The subplots in the story added some interest - Colton and Danny especially.

Thanks to Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for an advance copy.  This book will be published on August 23, 2022.