Cover Image: The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 5

The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 5

Five Stars. I love that these samplers are available for us to check out. I'm probably most excited about the Ragnar Jonasson standalone Outside because his series books never disappoint, and Kelley Armstrong’s A Rip in Time looks like a unique take on murder mysteries, but everything looks interesting yet again. Thanks a lot, Minotaur… I’ve been trying to work through my TBR backlog, and now I’ve had to add all these to it. It’s okay, though… there's not a bad choice in the bunch.

I’m very grateful to Minotaur/St Martin’s Press and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this sampler.
I love these samplers because not only do they give me a heads up for the author's that I am already familiar with (Sandie Jones, Kelley Armstrong), but also introduce me to new authors or genres I hadn't previously considered...all without having to purchase a book to see if I like it or not. The 2-3 chapters for each book that are included are the perfect amount to get an idea of whether or not I want to read the book. In this case, there were more that I am eager to check out than usual. Don't ever stop sharing these, Minotaur!
As with any sampler there were stories I enjoyed and those I didn’t. Quite a few of them I will be picking up the book.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the advanced reader copy. This is my honest review.
A great collection of teasers for some very promising titles! As expected, a couple of them really didn't grab me, but OUTSIDE had me hooked right away and I went out to buy a copy of THINGS WE DO IN THE DARK as soon as I could. Thanks!
As always, I love reading the samples of books to come. It helps me to choose some of the best reads. Nora Murphy, Sandie Jones, and Jennifer Hillier all caught my attention in this sampler!
A very interesting set! I was looking forward to reading Outside and that one did not disappoint. I will also give The Blame Game and The Things We Do in the Dark a chance, they were my favorite samples. Unfortunately Die Around Sundown wasn't my type of thing, so I will skip that one. In general, I'm happy I checked these out.
Love this! Great way to introduce books to everyone! There are quite a few in which I need to get started on! Love this compilation and all the diversity!
I enjoyed the first two books in the sampler, enough to want to look them up to read the entire novels. They are The Favor by Nora Murphy, a domestic suspense, and Outside by Ragnar Jonasson, an adventure thriller set in the harsh outdoors near the Arctic.

The others were interesting but didn't grab my attention as much. Most are in genres I haven't been reading lately - historical fiction, time travel/fantasy, political intrigue, and a light cozy mystery.

I'm glad to find this sampler and to find two new books to read.
Most of books in this sampler did not grab me, I’m not really into cozies so much right now and there are only a few types of thrillers that I like. However, I love the series by Anne Mette Hancock and plan to read The Collector right away. I was really drawn into the first book, The Corpse Flower.
This is a great sampler of a lot of writers that I haven't read yet. I found a lot here to add to my TBR.
Great compilation and I really enjoyed some of these to the point I grabbed the book to read the end! Great mix of different genres and styles
I read these out of order, and realize I have a sampler from a book I already 'tasted'. But these will catch your fancy and I am going to look out for a few!

Thank you #NetGalley, St. Martin's Press & Minotaur Books for giving me the opportunity to read this!
The Minotaur Sampler 5: New Books to Make Your Heart Race includes chapter samples from eight new Minotaur books from spring and summer 2022. Released on 8th March 2020 by Macmillan on their Minotaur imprint, it's 291 pages and available as a free download in ebook format from most retailers.

These eight books from Minotaur are all top shelf fiction. For anyone (and let's face it, that's almost all of us) who has ever wandered around and browsed in a book store or library to read a few pages of random books and see if we are drawn in, this sampler provides the same experience without being breaking social distancing rules, and can be done from the convenience of our own computer. The books all have release dates from May - Aug 2022, and it's nice to get a long sample to read and try out.

All of the books are very well written - thriller, suspense, and mystery. They are all either standalones (4) or series starters (4).

thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this advanced reader's copy in exchange for my honest review.

this sampler was a great preview of upcoming books!  I added quite a few to my TBR list, and can't wait for them to be available
These are the best. I had the pleaser of reading some of these and they were amazing. The samples always pick the best books
I express  my thanks to NetGalley for letting me read this book.  Seven wonderful authors including Nora Murphy, Ragnar Jónasson, Katharine Schellman, Robert Byrne, Kelley Armstrong,Jennifer Hillier, Mark Pryor and Sandie Jones.  From reading these wonderful chapters in these books m y TBR list grew by 8.  This  book contains the author's releases for the Spring/Summer 2022.  You are bound to find  your next read.
4 stars

love the samples as always.  Keep them coming!

thanks to netgalley and the publisher for my copy.
Thank you NetGalley for the sampler.  I honestly did not realize that these were only small sections of the books as opposed to the full stories so I did not finish reading them only because I prefer the full books.  Giving 5 stars because this is a neat idea for someone who likes to read samples and the confusion as to what I was requesting was on my end.
I love a good thriller and these have a few of my favorite authors... i look forward to more samplers - with just enough juice to get you through a quick commute or waiting in a doctors office these are my favorite quick stories! Love that one or two favorite authors can introduce you to new ones within the same genre.
I always love these samplers! This one was no exception! The options were mostly ones that I would typically be interested in and I found myself wanting to read them all!

This review was also published on Goodreads.