Cover Image: Booked on a Feeling

Booked on a Feeling

This was everything! A heartfelt sweet romance! The characters were incredibly likable and besides the stubbornness of not communicating their feelings for one another but other than that this was sweet and beautiful!

This was a perfect friends to lovers story. Sexy and sweet and so much fun. I loved how they found their way together.

I was really excited for this book because I love a love story, especially one that is set in a bookstore. Unfortunately, this book read very YA to me and wasn't my style for a romance book. This would be a great book for someone who loves a slow-burn, closed door romance but that just isn't me.

If you've read and enjoyed the first two books in the series, you will probably like this one.

That is not me, though. The book started off with some pacing issues (too fast, and then too slow). I liked the plot when Lizzy first reached Welden, but about half way through the book, the character development really started to bother me. I truly could not stand Lizzy as I felt like she was really immature. Lots of cringe all around.

And if I hadn't been feeling like this already... the epilogue would have sealed the deal. Not my cup of tea.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book.

I wanted to love this one.High power lawyer winning a huge case! Amazing!

However, I felt like this read very YA and the characters make these rash decisions that feels very immature.

I just had a hard time finding a want to continue reading, and the point where I was invested in the characters relationship and future.

A lighthearted love story and a bookstore. What’s not to love? A good friend zone to lovers book. From childhood to adulthood.

If you love friends to lovers and bookstore vibes then this book is for you! It was so endearing to watch two childhood friends fall in love. And when the guy falls first😍 I loved how much his family loved her and there were so many amazing cultural references that had me learning all the time! The heartfelt moments were there and they both took pride in something they did together. A very lovely bookstore romance that will have you swooning.

I started reading this book, but just couldn't get into it. So, unfortunately, it was a DNF for me. I may try another of her books in the future.

I was super excited to read this book because who doesn't want to be the main character in a romance set around a bookstore?

I loved the small town setting and bookstore vibes. While I enjoyed the romance, I felt like there was not a lot of chemistry between the characters. Everything seemed detached.

If you are a fan of slow burn romances that still offer steam, this might be for you.

Cute little read, though not a lot of substance. The main character was a bit boring for me, and there wasn't enough character development to fully invest me.

This book was good. The pacing was fine and the plot was interesting. I found myself wanting to see a little bit more chemistry between the two main characters and the miscommunication trope, while it worked for a bit, started to get a little old towards the end of the book. I just wanted them to finally find a way to get to be together like we knew they would.

As a bookstagrammer, lemme tell you I loved the title and premise.

I didn't want this story to end. I can relate to the MC so much as a to-do list kinda gal! I loved the development of the relationship and the character progression in this book, plus it's just a fun story!

The cover immediately drew me in, and I'm glad it did because this book was FIRE. It read like a Hallmark movie but OMG it was perfect.

Cheesy and a little boring. A bit too predictable for my taste but it was an easy ready. Perfect if you are in a book slump.

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating mixed with Happy Place

spice: 🌶️🌶️. had some hot scenes but then FADED TO BLACK, like hello why did u give up right when it was getting good??????????

he loved her first. childhood friends to lovers. Jack is 'cute blushing omg i can't handle her actually saying the things ive dreamed about her saying im so flustered does she rlly think im cute shes cuter.' he's so adorable i wanna make my body a permanent hug around his. is that clingy thats clingy.

really liked them together, could've def gone wo the third way in breakup, soo tired of those. but their meeting up after was the cutest! the classic hand brush when picking up dropped books. this book in one word: swoony.

forgot to say thank u to netgalley for giving me this like soooooooo long ago. life got overwhelming. reviewing got hard. books felt longer. but anyway it's here now! my honest opinions! take it or leave it (pls don't leave it)

"Booked On A Feeling" by Jayci Lee invites readers into the life of Lizzy "Overachiever" Chung, Esq., a high-powered lawyer experiencing a pivotal moment in her career. Following an unexpected panic attack, Lizzy finds herself in the small town of Weldon, where childhood friend Jack Park becomes an unexpected source of comfort and connection.

The novel unfolds as Lizzy grapples with burnout and reconnects with Jack, who harbors a decades-long crush. Lee's storytelling captures the essence of a Hallmark movie, offering a comforting and feel-good narrative that explores the complexities of friendship and romance.

The charm of "Booked On A Feeling" lies in its simplicity, reminiscent of the heartwarming atmosphere often found in Hallmark productions. The plot follows a familiar trajectory, offering a predictable yet enjoyable journey. The small-town setting adds a touch of nostalgia and warmth, creating a backdrop that complements the unfolding romance.

The characters, while not deeply complex, are relatable and endearing. Lizzy's journey of self-discovery and the blossoming romance with Jack provide a light and entertaining reading experience. The inclusion of the bookstore revamp subplot adds a charming layer to the narrative, emphasizing themes of revitalization and second chances.

While "Booked On A Feeling" may not stand out as the most exceptional romantic comedy, its inherent cuteness and quick pacing contribute to its overall appeal. The book succeeds in delivering a lighthearted escape, perfect for those seeking a comforting read akin to a Hallmark movie marathon.

In conclusion, Jayci Lee's "Booked On A Feeling" is a cute and feel-good romantic comedy that aligns with the spirit of Hallmark productions. While it may not redefine the genre, its charm, likable characters, and breezy narrative make it a delightful read. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 5 stars, acknowledging its ability to provide an enjoyable and quick escape into the world of heartwarming romance.

Very Hallmark movie to me! I couldn't get enough of the "girl goes to the big city only to have an event make her realize the importance of her hometown" vibe/storyline, and when you mix in a little love story--chef's kiss. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for a copy of this book for an honest review.

I did not like anything about this book, especially the ending. I was so bored the whole time. Lizzy first taking a vacation to Weldon, and then deciding that she wanted to live there, moving there, and then moving back to LA all within a couple of months just seemed so ridiculous. How much money does she have saved up??? That takes so much money, time and effort.

So cute!!!!!!!! I love a good bookish romance and this really did it for me. The characters are so adorable and I was rooting for them. Highly recommend.

This was a sweet romance that was great for the summer. However, it wasn't anything that stood out. It was a typical friend-to-lovers story that was heartwarming.