Cover Image: Booked on a Feeling

Booked on a Feeling

I think this had the potential to be much better than what it actually turned out to be for me.  A 3rd round purchase for most libraries
Reading the MCs ignore/not pay attention to their attraction was....a choice on the author. What's a will they won't they if there isn't some clue of if they actually will. Obviously it's a romance, so it'll be a they will, but the whole book was them thinking of they would work as a couple. I have read books where they don't get together until the very end but this one was just entirely too much.
I think I'm starting to realize that while I can appreciate Jayci Lee is popular among her fans, I'm not sure she's for me.

Her books come off as overly saccharine for me at times, and I think I just need more complex characters.
This book was so adorable!  Love Lizzy and Jack, and their slow burn friends to lovers romance.  The chemistry was great but not much spice.  I liked the anxiety rep and the message about focusing on one's own needs.  Well done!

Thank you to NetGalley + St. Martin's Press for the review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Lizzy was a girl after my own heart making to do lists and checking tasks off one by one. After a panic attack where she passed out, she takes a vacation from being a lawyer to re-evaluate her priorities. Lizzy heads to Weldon where she spent summers with her best friend Jack. He’s secretly harbored feelings for her for decades, but he’s never made a move because he’s afraid of ruining their friendship. So when Lizzy pitches in to help a failing bookstore by giving it a much needed makeover, he’s right by her side helping out.

This was a sweet friends to lovers romance with low angst and plenty of steam set around a bookstore. I loved the small town vibe and the cameos of characters from the previous 2 books in the series. Loved the Korean food descriptions and the bookstore renovations.  Both characters had difficult decisions to make and could have saved themselves a lot of headache if they had talked to each other more.

Ultimately this one didn’t stand out to me as much as the first 2 books, but was still enjoyable and I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
A bookstore and a brewery....what's not to love?!? This was a sweet romance with Hallmark movie vibes.
Not my favorite book ever. Very simple and basic read, felt like a teen romance with two adults playing the lead. I liked the concept of the story with finding ones professional desire in life, but the road to get there seemed awkward.
I loved this book so much! Her writing is always spot on and this was no different! Such a great story and strong characters
Lizzy wants a vacation from her legal job, so she relocates to the hometown of her closest friend and chooses to volunteer at the neighborhood bookshop as well. Along the journey, she discovers more about herself and her affections for her closest buddy, Jack.

Now the part I didn’t quite like was the miscommunication trope… it just didn’t work well in my opinion.

I enjoyed the cultural aspect and Lizzy as a person, but the rest wasn’t as much fun to read.
I just don't think the writing style is for me. It felt pretty tell not show and flat as far as the character emotions.

This took me a long time to slog through because I just kept getting bored and wasn't interested in the story. As a young female lawyer, I didn't love some of the very early scenes depicting female lawyers fighting and the negativity towards plaintiffs.

I don't see myself picking up anything else from this author in the future.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Just couldn’t quite get into this book, might try again later but currently 01/23 a DNF for me. Hopefully down the road I can get into it !
Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for sending me a copy of this book! All opinions are my own!

This was a super cute story, and I immediately fell for Lizzy and her such bright light! She was so relatable in so many ways, but especially the overachieving anxious independent woman aspect. This has such good anxiety/panic attack representation, coming from someone who has experienced that themselves. Lizzy's journey to understanding herself hits home so hard and I loved watching her grow and blossom.

The romance is very cute, and that's saying a lot because I usually don't like friends to lovers! The one issue I had was the sheer amount of miscommunication that was basically the only source of conflict for them. It was hard to keep from screaming at them to just communicate. But they were really sweet together, and I loved how their stories weren't focused on being "saved" by each other but they actually found themselves on their own and then complimented one another.

If you're a romcom lover, definitely check this series out!
I liked this book - fast moving plot, good characters, and fun to read.  The author did a great job with the story, plot, and setting.  Overall, I would definitely recommend!
I chose this book because it was lighthearted, and I was looking for something very lighthearted during this stressful time. Unfortunately, this book was a huge disappointment. I don’t mind that romance books are formulaic. I actually enjoy the happy endings especially during a stressful time. However, I love the ones that are written so well that you are still engaged and forget that fact. This book wasn’t one of those. There were a few cute moments in this story, but overall, it was a bit boring and almost frustratingly unnecessary.

The MMC has been in love with the FMC for over twenty years and suffers severely from his insecurities. The FMC is a traditionally overworked, anxiety-ridden millennial that magically develops feelings for her best friend. The sexual tension is mentioned throughout the story, but it isn’t felt. With that said, I really struggled to be engaged in this story let alone root for the couple. I’ve always believed that the slow burn is hard to accomplish, and this is an example of it gone wrong. I didn’t feel anything when they had to separate and even less when they rekindled.

This was the first book I've read by Jayci Lee and I enjoyed it, gave it 4 stars. It was a sweet romance, the characters were relatable and I especially loved Jack! I loved that these characters had a history from being childhood friends and actually both have had crushes on each other since they were children.  I'm glad they gave love a chance!
Romance novels are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I could guess from the beginning what was going to happen but I enjoyed the journey of Lizzy figuring it out for herself and getting there. I now need to go back and read the first two in the series!

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Jayci Lee has crafted a sweet, smooth-flowing best-friends-to-lovers romance. Lizzy Chung has her entire life planned out. She is going to be a successful shark of a lawyer, make her mom proud, and live happily ever after. Or so was the plan, until her anxiety is out of control, she has a panic attack in court, and she decides to recover in  Weldon where she spent her childhood summers with her best friend, Jack Park.

Jack Park has had a crush on Lizzy for as long as he can remember. But who would risk a good thing? So he's keeping his feelings on the down low and taking whatever scraps she'll offer him.  He's ecstatic that he gets to spend three weeks with her at home. And he jumps at the chance to help Lizzy save the local bookstore. With all this time together working in close proximity, sparks fly!

The story has a cozy feeling, the love and adoration of the characters ooze off the page. The sense of humor is maybe a little lackluster when compared to previous books by this author. But the writing style is easy, and you can fly through the story.  I don't love the miscommunication trope and I think we've all probably read a million will they or won't they friends to lovers stories, so this isn't necessarily a groundbreaking storyline. But it's fun, the characters are relatable, and it's got diverse representation. I'm happy I read it and I will continue to read Jayci Lee's work!

Thanks to Netgalley for a free early arc in exchange for my honest opinions!
I wasn’t a fan of this one. It was a romance that was really corny and just didn’t work for me. The closed door aspect made it feel like just too much of a YA. Although I LOVE books that have women strong in their careers, this just didn’t flow well.
This book was truly delightful! I loved both characters and the supporting characters made me want to go back to read the previous two books! Also who doesn’t love a book about books and bookstores!
Overall, I enjoyed this read. It was light and fun and my favorite Jayci Lee book so far. However, my three star rating comes from lack of character development (I wanted more background on both of them). I also felt like Lee tried to make Lizzy seem like the overachieving, obsessed with planning her life out, girl but I just didn't buy it. I also didn't like how Jack was so self conscious of his job and was so obsessed with not ruining their friendship that he took way too long to express himself, despite some pretty obvious cues from Lizzy. I also didn't like that there wasn't much resolution with Lizzy and her mom.
In the end, though, I flew threw this book and look forward to Lee's next book. I do like her writing style and the storylines she creates.