Cover Image: 15 Minutes of Shame

15 Minutes of Shame

Thank you to NetGalley and Siesta Key for the copy of this book for my review. Darby was immediately such a likable and relatable character that I instantly felt connected to her. This contemporary romance was a quick light read that was thoroughly enjoyable the whole way thru. She is the book heroine we all root for, the girl we love to see come out on top, even if she has to go through a few struggles on the way up.

4/5 stars for 15 Minutes of Shame
welll, i really wanted to enjoy this book. but alas, i did not. it just didn't do it for me and i wish i would have loved it. thank you so much to netgalley for letting me read this one early!! i am always grateful!!!
Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC!

I, honestly, don't have much to say about this book. Normally, I love a book with a slow burn romance, but I think this was a little bit too slow for my taste. The book wasn't bad by any means, it was kind of just meh for me. I can see why others might love it and the characters, but I just wasn't very interested.
Humorous and delightfully entertaining. I would have rated it higher, but my timing was off. I downloaded this copy back in March, when I was in a rom-com mood. By the time I remembered I finally picked it up from my library, my attention had long shifted into another genre. Had I read this earlier, I would have had more fun with it.
There’s a lot of brief summarizing and listing out Darby’s actions of events instead of going into details (it feels like a lot of “first, then, next, last” format) so I felt like I couldn’t actually connect to the story. I would have liked see the details pertaining to the story more developed rather than minute details of Darby’s appearance. It was too much telling, not showing (even with her love for the kids).

I didn’t really know about anyone’s character except for maybe Darby, and there was barely any interaction with Holt until about 60% of the way in. There was no buildup in their relationship and the next thing I know, after a handful of very brief interactions, they’re talking about loving each other and being meant for each other. There were many times when I wanted to DNF. Although the synopsis was interesting, the plot throughout the book felt flat and there was no development regarding both plot and characterization. I really couldn’t get into the book at all.
hey am not being petty or anything i mean i get it Holt is fictional but damn i loved him from the very start.This book its just meant to be .The story everything that happened all the regret i had for doubting when i started this book it went well ..well put together .Much thanks to the author and her team
eARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

I really wanted to like this book, but it was exceptionally hard to get into. Though there were some funny lines that I highlighted as I was reading, other moments felt like the author didn’t spend much time doing research to describe settings or experiences well. There were also several moments that felt like it was still in it’s rough draft stages due to all the errors, but the book was published in February, so that’s disappointing. I think some people might appreciate this quick read, but it wasn’t for me.
I enjoyed reading this so much, but mainly because of how relatable the main character, Darby was. Reading 15 Minutes felt like I was reading letters from my best friend. Lisa Daily did an excellent job of keeping the tone light and humorous while driving the plot forward. I feel like a lot of rom-coms struggle with this, but it was so well executed in this case.  I was hooked from the first page all the way through to the last. Can't recommend this one enough.
Darby is a relationship advice writer with a husband and two stepkids she loves and an upcoming book tour. Then, her perfect life crumbles into dust and she has to pick up the pieces and start over. The book takes us through the aftermath and we follow her journey of trying to put things back together, make sense of what’s happened and find new paths in both her career and love life.

This book gave me whiplash, I think. It was as if two novellas, one women’s fiction and one contemporary romance, were slapped together. The first half is strictly women’s fiction and just as you start wondering where the romance aspect has gone, you find yourself witnessing the hot n’ heavy affair between Darby and Holt. The suddenness of the romance between these two made my head spin. And it was romance, romance -with spice and everything. See ? Whiplash !

With that said, I want to focus on the good : this was a cute and optimistic novel about a woman who, despite all her anxiety and nervousness about what her future holds, can get her head together and make clear headed decisions. Darby rolls with the punches and when she falls, she gets up. She also deeply cares about her stepchildren which was most unexpected, leaving a pleasant feeling in my mind. So I liked Darby a lot, even if she turned very annoying at the very end. And I don’t regret following her journey. It was also very satisfying to see the ex-husband who’s shown to have a mean streak (or, as it is revealed afterwards, a pathetic streak) grovel at the end.

I’m not too sure about recommending this novel to others though. This is definitely a mood read. On the other hand, that may well be the best aspect of the book : It’s a complete throwback ! It was first published in 2008 and it really shows. At first I thought it just felt outdated, I mean, didn’t we move on from the Carrie Bradshaw type ?

As it turns out, the concept of crowdsourcing our problems among strangers will never completely disappear. Reading them is a guilty pleasure (not unlike reality TV), feeding our curiosities about other people’s lives. Plus, they help us feel more connected to others. And even if nowadays we mostly get our ‘relationship disaster’ fix on platforms like Reddit and its ‘Am I The Asshole’, there are still advice columnists on a variety of subjects.

So dating advice columnists aren't as deeply buried in the pages of pop culture history books as I thought they were. Darby gives solid advice about knowing your self-worth and loving yourself and those ideas really align with the current state of things. 15 minutes of Shame hasn’t aged badly like some media from that time has. Darby is wholesome and the romance and women’s fiction community appreciate wholesomeness.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Thank you Netgalley for this ACR for an exchange for an honest review.

Thought it was a good story.  Enjoyed it.
I’d like to thank NetGalley for the ARC! This book was cute, but I felt that the pacing was a little slow. I was waiting for her to be dumped on television, but that didn’t happen until much further into the book than I anticipated. And Darby was quirky and fun and warm and sweet, but she was also incredibly irrational and it freaked me out a bit. Her friends were lovely, and I did enjoy their relationships with one another. This book is fun, but a little slow. I’d still recommend it if people are wanting a light, pretty chill low-stakes romance with not a ton of depth. Not my favorite romance I’ve read, but still a decent read!
This book looked really good and it had been on my list to read for awhile. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t fully get into it and I found myself questioning some things that the main character did. It wasn’t my favorite, but that’s okay!
I would actually rate this over a 5 star read! Fifteen Minutes of Shame by Lisa Daily follows the life of Darby Vaughn after her life unravels quickly on a very public scene. I felt the main character very relatable and likeable. I laughed, cried and yelled as her story went along! I found myself eagerly waiting for things to work out in her favor! In my opinion a very well written book makes you picture the story as a movie in your head! This novel achieved this for me. I kept picturing current actors/actresses that I believed could portray the various characters. I absolutely would love to see this novel made into a movie! I 100% recommend this book to everyone! It was beyond what I expected and I absolutely could not stop reading it!

Thank you Netgalley for the advanced copy of this book in return for my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
Really cute, and fun. Totally surprised me certain times. Glad I picked it up.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with this ARC.
This book was a beautiful gem that i thoroughly loved. The cover sucked me in and to read such a beautifully written, easy to follow, page turning read was wow. I love discovering new authors because you never know the book hitting your favourite book list and this book is one of them
So enough praise. Let's review ... or try to review the book.
I loved the main character and it was a delight looking into the thought of an author albeit fictional but still. The story. Friendships.  I'm a huge sucker with stories on friendship and finding love again even if it means starting over
I wish i could give this book all the stars because it was such a beautifully written book but for now we'll start with five and big recommendations till I'm told to shut up
This gem definitely deserves a spot in your tbr list
This was an enjoyable read! Rather quick and fun. I flew right through it. I don't think it gave me the wow factor I was looking for but I didn't hate it either.
This was a difficult book for me because I felt the main character could not get out of her own way. she was so focused on things that I felt she had no control of. maybe I am wrong but this is just my take. I of course did not like her ex or the wife but her wanting custody of their children I thought was a little extreme though I did understand what she went through. just felt off for some reason or maybe I was expecting more I don't know.
This was a super cute read about a relationship expert who gets back up after having the biggest fall of her career. I really enjoyed reading this and loved the plot. It was a really quick read (which goes to show just how much I liked it). I have to say, some of my favorite characters were probably Darby's girlfriends and all the emotional support they provided throughout the book. I also LOVED the love interest Holt. My only complaint was how repetitive Darby would get when talking about her step-kids. Other than that it was an excellent read and a change of pace from other rom-coms.
15 MINUTES OF SHAME has quirky moments that made me feel for poor Darby and all she went through orchestrates by her husband.  It has poignant moments where Darby pours love into her husband’s children.

I was so angry with her husband, Will for discarding her so easily.  As the book progresses we learn a lot more about that fateful day when Will left his wife for his ex-wife.

Then we have Holt, Darby’s divorce attorney.  I think we were a little cheated on watching Holt fall in love because he is so stoic and kept up a resistance for professional purposes.  I wanted Holt to sweep us off our feet, but he couldn’t for some very good reasons.

I’m really glad I read this book.  It’s fresh and held my interest.

I read a copy of this book by NETGALLEY am providing a voluntary review.
I enjoyed reading this book a lot and had a lot of laugh out loud moments. However I feel like it read very fan-fictiony and it could use another round of editing